Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

01.09.2012 , 01:26 AM | #41
I'm a male level 50 Jedi Guardian, and have 10,000 affection with Kira. And I never saw any story options to lead to romance with her.

I must have missed something.....

01.09.2012 , 01:54 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
The JK romance barely has any teacher/student undertones. The two of you meet when both of you are practically knights already. You just graduate a little before her. The farthest the romance goes while she is still your padawan is a single kiss. I'd say it is closer ot a graduate student TAing someone who is a year away from graduating and starting to date after she graduates than it is a teacher/student romance.

Now if you want to see an example of a teacher/student relationship that is a bit more...akward. Take a look at the JC Nadia romance. >.>
It's arguable that it's less of a student/teacher relationship between the JC and Nadia because she has been on your ship for a while and so being friends before becoming master and padawan is a real possibility.

01.09.2012 , 02:06 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by zevulon View Post
im gay...
i have no interest in starting a romance quest with a female companion
if anything, its creepy seeing the [Flirt] option in dialogue when im talking to a lady npc
In a statement on the forums, SWTOR Senior Online Community Manager Stephen Reid posted the following:

"Due to the design constraints of a fully voiced MMO of this scale and size, many choices had to be made as to the launch and post-launch feature set. Same gender romances with companion characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature. Because The Old Republic is an MMO, the game will live on through content expansions which allow us to include content and features that could not be included at launch, including the addition of more companion characters who will have additional romance options. (Emphasis ours.)"

01.09.2012 , 02:41 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Capella View Post

That said, the Quinn romance is still hands-down my favorite. The trope is so often to pair a strong woman with an equal or stronger man. Having a romance where the woman is stronger and the man is content to be the more passive one and doesn't continually have to challenge her dominance is a wonderful change of pace. I'm tired of all the strong brawny alpha action male love interests, and enjoy the power dynamic reversal.

01.09.2012 , 02:50 AM | #45
Kaliyo I say, Kaliyo!
She has the controll for sure
Pasjjaya Yjassath
Rehl'anoe Or'ishan

01.09.2012 , 03:05 AM | #46

01.09.2012 , 07:03 AM | #47
Jaesa Williams - it was awesome converting her to the dark side and making her my apprentice. To romance her even beyond that has been fun. It was tough not sticking with Vette, though, as I suspect her arc is more endearing, but there is something alluring about creating an uber pair of evil sith. Very Bonnie and Clyde. I do wish her dark side character recognized power over violence more, though. With her, it's always about the blood - which gets tiring. Sometimes its more fun to break them down first.

01.09.2012 , 07:23 AM | #48
I liked Torian as Bounty Hunter, but most on account of my own character as it seemed most of the flirts and initiatives at first came from my character.

Torian slowly started coming around too with initiatives of his own, but even then it seemed my character was always one step ahead in what she wanted topped up with a great delivery at the end when Torian asks you to marry him.

One of the reponses there is something along the lines of "About time you asked" as your character draws him into a kiss.
"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."

01.09.2012 , 07:28 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyreblade View Post

Then there's Torian Cadera. He's the reason my bounty hunter ended up a female. I tried playing the BH as a fellow and Mako is nice enough. I can definitely see why she'd appeal to a guy. But Torian blew me away, as I was going along with my woman BH. Their first flirtation has her tossing him over her shoulder onto the ground and grunting out a complaining, "Men," to which he calmly lays there, looking up at her, saying, "I deserved that." It was awesome.
Oh yeah that delivery was just pure win.

Also I love the way he teaches you Mando´a as you progress the relationship and In general he is just an awesome companion,
"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."

01.09.2012 , 07:45 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by SithZigg View Post
The Andronikos Revel romance is quite interesting. Here he is, this big, bad, cold-hearted pirate, who is not all that interested because "he is a pirate, and you are a Sith". But as the story progresses, he is telling all these secret, personal things about himself, and he even gets you gifts. It is rather cute how he warms up to your character.
Happily, he continues the gifts after you marry him along with sweet letters. I'd say it's worth putting up with the convo bugs. I choose him as my quest companion most often because of the seriously good DPS (I give him gifts too, like manly-man blasters). My level 43 femSI is healy spec'd and he successfully tanks most stuff I get us into.

Then again, if Khem Val had Steve Blum's voice I might break my rule about alien romance.