Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

Jilla
01.08.2012 , 06:12 PM | #31
I'm going to vote for Corso too for all the reasons already stated. I am glad he's the romance option (which means more quests) because even if he weren't the romance option I would go with him for his tanking (I am speccing healer) and his great one-liners.

I haven't found the romance option yet on my bounty hunter (she's a she). But I have Mako as my sidekick right now. It seems like the male BHs like her (for the most part). At least, there are more Mako threads in the BH forums than Corso threads in the Smuggler forums. Then again, that might be a reflection of there being more males playing the game than females. I kind of find her annoying though--although, I suppose it's almost in a kid sister sort of way.
-You came here in that thing? You're braver than I thought. - Princess Leia

Ranadiel_Marius
01.08.2012 , 06:36 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Duradel View Post
I found the Kira romance too strange... From a teacher student perspective it felt too wrong
The JK romance barely has any teacher/student undertones. The two of you meet when both of you are practically knights already. You just graduate a little before her. The farthest the romance goes while she is still your padawan is a single kiss. I'd say it is closer ot a graduate student TAing someone who is a year away from graduating and starting to date after she graduates than it is a teacher/student romance.

Now if you want to see an example of a teacher/student relationship that is a bit more...akward. Take a look at the JC Nadia romance. >.>

Dyalad
01.08.2012 , 06:40 PM | #33
I romanced Corso. I was positively surprised. He's pretty awesome.
I used to be a Jedi like you, then I took a blaster shot in the knee.

Femmefatality
01.08.2012 , 07:29 PM | #34
I've only experienced one, and that was with Adronikos on my SI. I didn't even know Steve Blum was doing the VA for him till he spoke. I quickly rushed over to imdb to confirm.

I think his personality fits with my mines due to "opposites attract" Guess I like my men a little "unforgiving" and straightforward.

I'm actually playing a Smuggler and Corso is just too adorable. lol. He's such a ladies man, it's funny.

"Corso. She kinda stole from me."
"But she's a woman. Don't turn her in. I bet she's sorry at least."
"...Are you serious?"

Dammit Corso. Making me feel guilty and all for some of the choices I make.

zevulon
01.08.2012 , 08:15 PM | #35
im gay...
i have no interest in starting a romance quest with a female companion
if anything, its creepy seeing the [Flirt] option in dialogue when im talking to a lady npc
|||||||||||||||P|||||||||||||||R|||||||||||||||I|||||||||||||||D|||||||||||||||E|||||||||||||||

apantoliani
01.08.2012 , 08:37 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Capella View Post
Spoiler

That said, the Quinn romance is still hands-down my favorite. The trope is so often to pair a strong woman with an equal or stronger man. Having a romance where the woman is stronger and the man is content to be the more passive one and doesn't continually have to challenge her dominance is a wonderful change of pace. I'm tired of all the strong brawny alpha action male love interests, and enjoy the power dynamic reversal.
Spoiler
Aerendur|Sillywhitegirl
Operative|Scoundrel
Silly Squad|My Ninjas
The Harbinger

shinder
01.08.2012 , 08:41 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by zevulon View Post
im gay...
i have no interest in starting a romance quest with a female companion
if anything, its creepy seeing the [Flirt] option in dialogue when im talking to a lady npc
Yeah, I can imagine that that must really suck. I was definitely more than surprised that Bioware decided to omit the ability to have homosexual relationships in the game. It's kind of been a thing that they've never had a problem with before. Didn't they say they're incorporating it soon, though? That's good news--you get to re-roll a whole new character to get romance options all over again! :P

BrigOrion
01.08.2012 , 09:58 PM | #38
It'll be too late for me, shinder. I'm done with BigotWare.

Cythereal
01.08.2012 , 11:10 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by shinder View Post
Yeah, I can imagine that that must really suck. I was definitely more than surprised that Bioware decided to omit the ability to have homosexual relationships in the game. It's kind of been a thing that they've never had a problem with before. Didn't they say they're incorporating it soon, though? That's good news--you get to re-roll a whole new character to get romance options all over again! :P
This is why I've been studiously ignoring Raina Temple's presence on my Imperial Agent's crew save for her crafting services, and never picked a flirt option with Vector. My lady Agent has gotten to Corellia without ever needing to sleep with or even kiss a man, and barring a fellow Chiss joining the crew (oh please, Bioware!), Temple is close enough.

SithZigg
01.09.2012 , 01:00 AM | #40
The Andronikos Revel romance is quite interesting. Here he is, this big, bad, cold-hearted pirate, who is not all that interested because "he is a pirate, and you are a Sith". But as the story progresses, he is telling all these secret, personal things about himself, and he even gets you gifts. It is rather cute how he warms up to your character.
I'm a Sith Enchantress, I do evil Sith dances! And when you look into my eyes, I'll put you in trances! And you know what I'll do? I will make a Sith brew! And finish you off with force lighting too! Soooooooooooo, watch out!