Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

johnxtreeme
01.22.2013 , 03:24 PM | #311
Definitely Doc.
Mostly, as a male playing a female character, the storylines really are quite ridiculous. The male romance options are poor, cliche, and generally bad, and you really get the feeling they were written by guys with no idea how to write romances from a female perspective (which to be fair neither, of course, could I).

Doc, however, is hilarious. I think as a guy (and I'm sure as a woman too) you laugh at the hilarity and cheesiness of his pick up lines, but as you continue along the storyline he turns into a really interesting character.

Rejecting him at the very end, in order to not get dark side points, was really sad, and I actually felt a pang of sadness, which is quite rare and rather weird if you think about it (but shows you how great the writing was) when he said "by the way, I would have made a great husband".

-----

Master-Nala
01.22.2013 , 05:44 PM | #312
Vette, no doubt for me. It's amazing how tender and sweet they make this romance considering all the bloodthirsty killing you all do together!
HARBINGER-60s
Alana, Myschal, Vodoun, Alan, Ztephanie

JaxxYChicK
01.23.2013 , 04:25 AM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by johnxtreeme View Post
Definitely Doc.
Mostly, as a male playing a female character, the storylines really are quite ridiculous. The male romance options are poor, cliche, and generally bad, and you really get the feeling they were written by guys with no idea how to write romances from a female perspective (which to be fair neither, of course, could I).

Doc, however, is hilarious. I think as a guy (and I'm sure as a woman too) you laugh at the hilarity and cheesiness of his pick up lines, but as you continue along the storyline he turns into a really interesting character.

Rejecting him at the very end, in order to not get dark side points, was really sad, and I actually felt a pang of sadness, which is quite rare and rather weird if you think about it (but shows you how great the writing was) when he said "by the way, I would have made a great husband".

-----
I had to log in just to give this post a big +1! My JK just met Doc last night and I swear, I haven't laughed as much at a companion interaction so far! He's just so... hammy! That line when they first meet, "I'll have to examine you closer... later." Had me in stitches of surprised laughter. I was just waiting for him to wriggle his eyebrows. And that mustache... Perfect. I think he'll be good for my JK, though she's extreme LS so I don't know which way I'm going to play it yet.

I haven't really gotten into any of the romance arcs yet. I liked Corso well enough but he just didn't mesh with my Smuggler's character at all. She's tough and pragmatic and Corso kept banging on about "ladies". My smuggler ain't no lady. So I didn't bother with that one.

I can't see my BH going for Torian, so I'll probably skip that one too.

I do have my IA involved with Vector though. Jury's still out on that one but I'm finding it interesting.

I rolled a male SW last week just to see how the dudes fare and so far I like Vette.
Jaxxy - Level 50 Gunslinger | Surra - Level 35 Sniper | Liosa - Level 34 Sentinel |
Téjan - Level 25 Powertech

CloudCastle
01.23.2013 , 03:31 PM | #314
My favorite line of Doc's is something about asteroids colliding...gosh I can't remember it now. But I laughed so hard I had to get up from my chair and go tell my husband about it in the other room. The pacing on that romance felt a little off to me though. I suspected he was starting to come around and then BAM, he's saying I love you. It felt like there should have been one more "transition" quest in there somewhere. Or at least that's how I remember it.

I still haven't done all the romances, and I haven't tried any of them as a male character yet either. But so far, Vector is still my favorite. His story meshed so well with the agent's, and I could really imagine a bond forming between them. He always kept me wondering what interesting/bizarre/poetic/insightful thing he was going to say next. I like my fantasy game men eccentric, apparently.

ganondorq
01.23.2013 , 03:42 PM | #315
well, i've only done two so far, quinn and andronikos. out of those two, i'd say andronikos. cause he actually took me out on a couple dates before asking me to marry him.

Surinen
01.23.2013 , 04:06 PM | #316
Vette, she is a pure flower in bloom in both mind and body, possesing her was a great pleasure for my Warrior.
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Savarin
01.23.2013 , 07:22 PM | #317
My first character was a Sniper who ignored Kaliyo and Temple but totally romanced Watcher 2. It was amazing until the relationship just dropped off the map and was never mentioned again after Chapter 1. Still, my agent's remaining single in the hopes that the devs will grant us a chapter 4 to the class stories, in which my agent and Watcher 2 can reuinite...

After that character I played a Light sith warrior and romanced Vette, which was great because she's such a fun character.

Then I played a JK "punk-with-a-lightsaber" type character, which was a blast by itself but the Kira romance made it even better. If I had to pick my favorite romance so far, it would have to be Kira. She's tough, sexy, snarky, and she's out to break my kill record. You can't find anything to not love about this chick.

Unfortunately, my next character, a level 39 Sith Assassin, ended up getting deleted and rerolled because of the Ashara romance. I know there's a lot of people who like her, so I'll simply say that I don't think an inquisitor should romance her unless they are truly a light side peace-loving republic/jedi sympathizer. My character was not, and I felt the dialogue really screwed up my character. When I play my inquisitor this time, I plan to ignore/be very mean to her.

iamthehoyden
01.23.2013 , 07:50 PM | #318
Let's see, favorite romance so far...
I skipped my bh romance because my girl isn't a cougar. Other than that I've done the trooper, imperial agent, jedi knight, and jedi consular.
From least to most favorite:

Jedi Knight - I liked Doc at the beginning. Bit of laughs in a sea of grim, but the shallowness really got old. He just didn't fit my knight at all. Plus, there's Lord Scourge being all broody in the cargo hold and um...yeah.

Jedi Consular - This one is growing on me. Iresso is very sweet. Extremely sweet. Kinda bland though. He has a really solid personality though, and at this point I can't see my sage with anyone else. But again with the broody guy on the ship. If Zenith ever becomes romanceable, my baby shadow will be a happy girl.

Imperial Agent - Vector is so sweet and such a rock in a crowd of crazy people. I loved his personality and the romance was interesting.

Trooper - MY FAVORITE! First one, still my favorite. Adore Aric. Love the progression of the story and the relationship between them, just love it.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
01.24.2013 , 09:09 AM | #319
Quote: Originally Posted by ganondorq View Post
well, i've only done two so far, quinn and andronikos. out of those two, i'd say andronikos. cause he actually took me out on a couple dates before asking me to marry him.
Agreed wholeheartedly. Andronikos had some great scenes of just...hanging out, talking.

I enjoyed Quinn for how beautifully, hilariously unromantic his mind is, and I like Elara for being an absolute sweet wonderful girl, and I had an incredible time matching wills and mind games with the train wreck that was Kaliyo...actually, that might be my favorite overall...but Andronikos felt the most normal and pleasant.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Elisaveta
01.24.2013 , 09:31 AM | #320
I like Quinn! I love his voice and how he always calls my warrior "My Lord". Good times.

Corso is fun too but haven't played through the whole storyline yet