Falling to the dark side

vytax

So there is no option to fall to the dark side? i'm a jedi and have like 5000 light points and wish to fall to spice things up, but as I see there is no option to fall like in kotor is there? I don't think these are spoilers btw.

It would be awesome but its understandable why it's not ingame. It would be very hard to put in game. The most simply way I could think would having a seperate optional "Fall to the darkside" storyline but even that would be hard to do.

Maybe one day Bioware will surprise us :D

Well I think it could be possible. Just like warning the player that all the light deeds he had achieved will become dark and he'll become imperial or smth :D. But actually, I could've sworn, I saw a jedi sentinel fighting on the imp side on huttball. Maybe it was my imagination.

Build Dark Side points and become consumed by the dark side.

You don't need to be able to switch factions to implement the 'falling' of a Jedi, a fallen jedi is nothing more than a Jedi that no longer represents balance, one who becomes consumed by feeling is a fallen Jedi and can play for either faction in the galactic war.

With the way the storyline is constructed there's no way for you to fall and become a Sith. It just wouldn't work.

Also, in terms of storyline, right now a Jedi, dark or not, would not be welcomed into the True Sith Empire, but instead tortured and slaughtered. they are at war, and a former Jedi who may or may not be a spy is a liability, not an asset.

With the way the storyline is constructed there's no way for you to fall and become a Sith. It just wouldn't work.

Also, in terms of storyline, right now a Jedi, dark or not, would not be welcomed into the True Sith Empire, but instead tortured and slaughtered. they are at war, and a former Jedi who may or may not be a spy is a liability, not an asset.

Oh please. War or no war, each side welcomes the other if they choose to follow a dark or light path respectively. And each class story line considers the sith or jedi all powerful, most powerful in the order. You think the emporor would turn down a fallen jedi, who is the strongest in the order? I think not.

I do wish there were pivotal points in your class plot that allowed for dramatic polar shifts in your alignment

Jedi Knight example:

At roughly level 40 you do "fall" and work for the emperor for an undefined length of time before being kind of consciously awoken by your old master as a force apparition. This would have been a GREAT opportunity for an alignment inversion as a sort of "Changed my mind.. going dark side" moment where your 4750 LS turns into 4750 DS. Not necessarily converting to Sith, but the corruption lingers kind of thing

Non-spoiler version:

Moments where your lightside/darkside option is a full 180 and not just a +50/-50. Going from 4750 LS to 4750 DS because of a very very dark side moment and obviously the inverse possibility would also have to be true.

Well I think it could be possible. Just like warning the player that all the light deeds he had achieved will become dark and he'll become imperial or smth :D. But actually, I could've sworn, I saw a jedi sentinel fighting on the imp side on huttball. Maybe it was my imagination.

You probably saw a lightside sith.

Its possible for a Jedi to become a Dark Jedi...but not a Sith.

Oh please. War or no war, each side welcomes the other if they choose to follow a dark or light path respectively. And each class story line considers the sith or jedi all powerful, most powerful in the order. You think the emporor would turn down a fallen jedi, who is the strongest in the order? I think not.

Yes, yes he would. Case in point - How many Dark Jedi turned Sith are in the game as NPCs? None, all of them are bred within the Empire. It's a True Sith Empire, this isn't the Jedi Civil War or the Dark Brotherhood, this is a group of people who believe in their blood lineage over all else. Oh please, yourself.

Yes, yes he would. Case in point - How many Dark Jedi turned Sith are in the game as NPCs? None, all of them are bred within the Empire. It's a True Sith Empire, this isn't the Jedi Civil War or the Dark Brotherhood, this is a group of people who believe in their blood lineage over all else. Oh please, yourself.

Okay, this is clearly what you think, but you don't have clear arguments, these are just speculations. If the jedi can take a sith into their order, why can't sith do the same? The war could have driven many jedi to agression and hatred, like it did Revan and Malak.

And as someone said in this topic, the emporor himeself tries to turn a jedi knight in the main story quest to the dark side, so this is all the proof that you should need. The sith and jedi alike need to replenish their numbers, due to the length of this war

• 11 months later...
The way I view the light and dark in SWTOR is for Empire players light is less 'evil' but doesnt make you go light side. For Republic the dark choices are not very nice things to do but not necessarily 'evil'. (though there are some exceptions to that)

i think this could be a possibilty of bein implemented in the future tho it would be difficult. like instead of faction changing (cuz that would be fine but it would most likely f up the companions) if u have certain alignment parameters u could take on certain quests from Empire aligned npcs or since they are adding new story they could include a small story mission that allows u to switch sides and basically "prove ur worth" and even in kotor when u did changed sides the outcome was still generally the same. i mean ppl already reference ur corruption or purity in game as is.

A full 'fall' even if it just swapped ls points for ds points is a decision with consequence. They don't want serious consequences in this game (See not being able to kill companions).

You can't do a full swap because what would happen to companions? What would happen to story? Could you swap back again? Then what would companions do?

In CoH and probably EQ2 which side you fight for is superficial and only about which quest givers you talk to, there is much more to it here.

I know this is a really old post, but still...

I see, too bad. What kind od star wars game doesn't have 'the fall of a jedi' feature? Come on, this is sad..

One that is trying too hard to be World of Warcraft instead of Star Wars.