Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Copying previous Character UI settings ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Copying previous Character UI settings ?

evianwater
12.14.2011 , 12:54 AM | #1
Is there a way to import the UI settings (specifically the key bindings) from one character to another ? It's very tiresome setting up 20+ keybindings (yes I like to customize..) for every new character.

pjskull
12.14.2011 , 12:58 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by evianwater View Post
Is there a way to import the UI settings (specifically the key bindings) from one character to another ? It's very tiresome setting up 20+ keybindings (yes I like to customize..) for every new character.
Not only a productive thread in a sea of whiny garbage, but a thread I would love to know the answer to...!

I hope someone has the solution to this...

evianwater
12.14.2011 , 01:23 AM | #3
Looks like everyone's too busy whining about EGA to pay any attention to the actual game, oh well.

Gizmo
12.14.2011 , 01:24 AM | #4
Didn't seem to be any way to do so in Beta. Was annoying, but dealable.
CE VIP]i▀▀▀ii‾δ]P]|Ξ██████████████████████████████████████████)

FerrusPA
12.14.2011 , 01:25 AM | #5
Shouldn't there be .cfg files in My Documents/SWTOR or somesuch place? Most MMOs save the custom settings on the users PC somewhere.

FerrusPA
12.14.2011 , 01:27 AM | #6
Found the settings:

C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\SWTOR\betatest\setting s

Instead of betatest it ought to be "retail" or so, of course. But that way you can actually take the settings you had in beta and copy them.

Edit2: Sadly the configs aren't saved in a readable format. (Meaning: The text in them is gibberish) You can still try to copy/paste what's in there of course.

Russbuss
12.14.2011 , 01:28 AM | #7
In beta I had an issue where every time I started a new character it reset my old chars key bindings. Now that was annoying.