Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty hunters AKA Mercenary Nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bounty hunters AKA Mercenary Nerf

Faolon
01.04.2012 , 02:27 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenetke View Post
That is how it should read right there. I will admit they are op because I played one. Most anyone will. That said nerfing them is NOT the answer. That is what another company has done, and instead BW should look at bringing other classes that are falling behind up to the same standard. Nerfing is NOT the answer.
Nerfing is the answer.
Do you even understand how much work and time it would take to bring all the other classes to that level?

A good place to start, IMO, would be to reduce bring tracer missile/grav round dmg by 50% or more, but make the debuff last twice as long. Drop Merc/commando armor from heavy to medium.
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."

Lazzerswords
01.04.2012 , 02:28 PM | #12
Tenetke has been on a baddie jedi QQ tour today. You can tell hes a SW nerd who gets killed by a stormtrooper -who always misses in the movies!!!!

again a bunch of bads who try to solo warzones and click their interrupts , if they even have it one their bars

MagicLemur
01.04.2012 , 03:07 PM | #13
Wait i thought Inquisitors were OPed? or was it Operatives? Oh wait wasn't it Vanguards? Or wait maybe certain characters are just better at killing some characters and worse at killing others (rock>paper>scissors PvP? Has no one heard of this?)

On a related note BH get pwned by most meleers that can close range because as BH has really crappy melee escapes.
Maybe learn2 adapt? But I guess whining on the forums is much easier.

Darth_Precursor
01.04.2012 , 06:40 PM | #14
Somebody got killed a little too much by Mercenaries. Why don't you try stunning them or interrupting them while they sit helplessly in one spot firing missiles? The lack mobility so it all balances out.
Dynaster- Operative Medic
Chillum- Deception Assassin

<GOML>
The Bastion

Feskitt
01.04.2012 , 06:53 PM | #15

Others have already said it. Mercs gotta stand still for pretty much all their high-damage attacks, Tracer can be interrupted, Fusion especially so, both Fusion and Heat Seeker have significant cooldowns (relatively speaking), and in melee range, Mercs only have 3-4 options.

Jet Boost
Uppercut
Flamethrower
Stun Dart

Decent options, but far from OP IMO.

Playing as a Merc, it's easy to keep other BH's from using Tracer missile on me. I think the most I've ever taken is 2 in a row (and the first was probably me unawares).

Tracer Missile wasn't even close to a Merc's most powerful attack.
Suckwads spammed it, other suckwads lost to it.
Most apparently didn't even know they had an interrupt. Smart nerf, BW!

Ardim
01.04.2012 , 07:01 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Faolon View Post
Nerfing is the answer.
Do you even understand how much work and time it would take to bring all the other classes to that level?

A good place to start, IMO, would be to reduce bring tracer missile/grav round dmg by 50% or more, but make the debuff last twice as long. Drop Merc/commando armor from heavy to medium.
Dropping their armor from heavy to medium would be extremely stupid. Seriously. Use your interrupts or make them run away as they can't really cast when they're running. As a Marauder I have Force Charge, Disruption which really works wonders and Force Choke as interrupts.

Nerfing is NOT the answer.
Through Passion, We gain Strength!
Darth Chroan The Empire's Wrath
Vengeance for Marr and the Empire!

markdienekes
01.04.2012 , 07:05 PM | #17
Nerfing is the answer for people who can't be bothered to use tactics to defeat their foes!

Sun-Runner
01.04.2012 , 07:07 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Wildscar View Post
I would like to know why the designers felt the need to give them an iwin button aka tracer missile. It does way to much damage and takes no skill what so ever to play that class. I have full pvp gear and still get hit for over 4k from these attacks. This is ridiculous and some serious pvp balancing needs to come into play. I don't even want to get into the pvp lag on servers and the fact that you can be stunned endlessly without any diminishing returns it seems. The devs really need to step there game up in balancing.
Yet another PVP trying to nerf the PVE! Down with the oppressors!

UjellyTrollicus
01.04.2012 , 07:35 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenetke View Post
That is how it should read right there. I will admit they are op because I played one. Most anyone will. That said nerfing them is NOT the answer. That is what another company has done, and instead BW should look at bringing other classes that are falling behind up to the same standard. Nerfing is NOT the answer.
if you don't see how constantly buffing everyone else isnt more detrimental to the game than nerfing a problem class (im not saying BH's are OP, just a general statement) then you need your eyes checked.

noone liked to get nerfed, but sometimes it has to be done.

Thurinlore
01.22.2012 , 03:13 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Precursor View Post
Somebody got killed a little too much by Mercenaries. Why don't you try stunning them or interrupting them while they sit helplessly in one spot firing missiles? The lack mobility so it all balances out.
So, a heavy armor class with self heals is now defenseless if their faceroll skill is interrupted?