Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty hunters AKA Mercenary Nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bounty hunters AKA Mercenary Nerf

Wildscar
01.04.2012 , 10:55 AM | #1
I would like to know why the designers felt the need to give them an iwin button aka tracer missile. It does way to much damage and takes no skill what so ever to play that class. I have full pvp gear and still get hit for over 4k from these attacks. This is ridiculous and some serious pvp balancing needs to come into play. I don't even want to get into the pvp lag on servers and the fact that you can be stunned endlessly without any diminishing returns it seems. The devs really need to step there game up in balancing.

thomasdr
01.04.2012 , 11:05 AM | #2
You deserve to die if you let them cast. Arsenal Mercs have low mobile dmg, no interrupts and no mobility overall.

Rykke
01.04.2012 , 11:26 AM | #3
Use LOS, in maps like Huttball the catwalks can be easily utilized to great effect. They're a turret class and sitting on them does wonders. Also don't use your CC breaking ability until you are CC'd and have a full resolve bar, that way resolve will do its intended purposes.

Vesperr
01.04.2012 , 12:31 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by thomasdr View Post
You deserve to die if you let them cast. Arsenal Mercs have low mobile dmg, no interrupts and no mobility overall.
Interrupt doesnt help you in that lagfest people call warzones and I'd trade mobility for wtfpwn button any day.
>___<
I used to be a ballcarrier until I got Leg Shot in the knee.
I cant post if my playtime is over? What The Fckk?!

Faolon
01.04.2012 , 12:36 PM | #5

You play a merc, don't you.
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."

Wildscar
01.04.2012 , 01:13 PM | #6
hard to interrupt when there is pvp lag in almost every game

Xytron
01.04.2012 , 01:16 PM | #7
I have no issues interrupting people, maybe you need a better connection or play on a different server cluster.

Tenetke
01.04.2012 , 01:45 PM | #8
LOL I love the replies from people that think it isn't faceroll. It is absolutely faceroll, and every trooper/bh here knows it. Hell I know it because I play it.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8...1122717273.jpg

Yes I spammed my "I win" button, and yes it was faceroll. I had to switch from com because it feels too damn easy. Rerolled to vang because they feel different at least. Still very easy, but not as easy as lolgraveshot spam.

Anyone who disagrees that this isn't faceroll is simply trying to enjoy it as long as it lasts. You take a class and give them high armor, defensive cool downs, self heals, and an ability with such a huge dmg/cast time ration you are going to have trouble. That said I don't think they should nerf over pvp. I hope they never do it.

You can't just say "well target the trooper/bh" because that gets you stocked, cryo stunned, or hell they can just pop a 25% dmg reduction and got to town blowing you away.

I wonder how many people would be o.k. if say smugglers aimed shot wasn't on a cd, or jk/sw...actually they are going to need some serious help anyway, but say a consular had the cd on their SS reduced to with it's force cost at around 10. That's pretty much what you have with troopers/bh in their current setup. Yes I have more screen shots like the one above. Breaking 200K+ damage is really easy especially once you get a few more levels. It's just a matter of spamming grave round/demo/hi and not doing much else. Someone runs at you cryo open up when they get there ss them back then open up again. It's not hard at all, and anyone should know how faceroll it is.
Try hard is now an insult? At what point did our society degrade so much that trying hard is an insult? What's next? People who perpetuate this idea of "trying hard is a bad thing" are only hurting our society as a whole. They should be removed from it, forcefully if required. You don't randomly allow a cancer to grow, you excise it.

Durzaka
01.04.2012 , 01:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wildscar View Post
hard to interrupt when there is pvp lag in almost every game
That is no reason to nerf a class because they cant optimize the game during warzones.

Fix that first before changing any classes.
Durzaka Retribution

Tenetke
01.04.2012 , 01:57 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Durzaka View Post
That is no reason to nerf a class because of warzones.
That is how it should read right there. I will admit they are op because I played one. Most anyone will. That said nerfing them is NOT the answer. That is what another company has done, and instead BW should look at bringing other classes that are falling behind up to the same standard. Nerfing is NOT the answer.
Try hard is now an insult? At what point did our society degrade so much that trying hard is an insult? What's next? People who perpetuate this idea of "trying hard is a bad thing" are only hurting our society as a whole. They should be removed from it, forcefully if required. You don't randomly allow a cancer to grow, you excise it.