Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm with Bindo, Jedi's need lovin, too!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
I'm with Bindo, Jedi's need lovin, too!

Terin
12.13.2011 , 09:30 PM | #1
Screw the Jedi Order, I'm making my own choices. I fully intended to play a fully Light-sided Jedi Guardian, but after encountering the two student lovers, I was forced to break away from the Jedi code. Likeside, I don't see how ratting-out your fellow student and getting them kicked from the order would be so much Light, as Neutral.

So screw it, I'm going Grey is that's what it takes.

JerokTalram
12.13.2011 , 09:33 PM | #2
It will get a little more grey when you meet that cute Twi'lek

CadeAssant
12.13.2011 , 09:38 PM | #3
Check the quote, The Jedi Grandmaster of this Era is from a Jedi Love Union.
"Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled, but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love, that's what they should teach you to beware, but love itself will save, not condemn you." ―Jolee Bindo

Captain_Zone
12.13.2011 , 09:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CadeAssant View Post
Check the quote, The Jedi Grandmaster of this Era is from a Jedi Love Union.
True. Satele Shan is the great great great granddaughter of Revan and Bastila.

Not to mention voiced by Jennifer Hale, who also voiced Bastila.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

JakeLightbearer
12.13.2011 , 10:05 PM | #5
Given that force-sensitivity is genetic, you kinda hope some of the Jedi are breaking Code on that particular rule.

Heck, if Anakin stuck to the Code, Luke and Leia would never have been born. Conversely, if the Jedi had accomodated his marriage to Padme and given him someone other than the Dark Lord of the Sith to talk to about his problems, maybe we would have seen several other Skywalker siblings.

Disastersaurus
12.13.2011 , 10:19 PM | #6
My character actually considers Jolee Bindo his inspiration. Gray Jedi 4 life.

Bone_Machine
12.13.2011 , 10:21 PM | #7
Agreed, never been a fan of the Jedi's aversion to relationships. I'll gladly take a few dark side hits or avoid the alignment choices altogether if it means I get to be a normal human being instead of a repressed maniac. I don't want to give all of my money away to strangers, I don't want to be celibate, and I don't want to forgive mass murderers. I don't think this makes me evil but apparently in Star Wars it does
Here Comes The Arm

JSleeper
12.13.2011 , 10:44 PM | #8
You might say that the Jedi rejection of all emotion is the cause of a lot of their problems. I mean, they're not followers of Surak (if I can mix my franchises here). They don't replace emotion with logic. It just feels like a constant repression, which isn't really beneficial for mental health.

GusVIII
12.14.2011 , 12:02 AM | #9
It's ironic the amount of trouble the Jedi Order might have avoided over the centuries had they just adopted his philosophy. He was as wise as Yoda yet he never made it past the rank of Padawan.
<█[][][][][][o]={]▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Erian
12.14.2011 , 03:54 AM | #10
The Jedi don't reject emotion. Do some actual research on the Code and its lore. They reject attachment, obsession and entitlement -- all feelings that love is extremely prone to causing.

The couple on Tython actually showcases why the rules make sense: the woman at least is already on a very slippery slope. Emotional out the wazoo, no control, no discipline. Lying. Telling others to lie for her. Blackmail. I don't remember if she actually threatens you, even? That's a whole battery of alarm bells ringing like crazy there. "K3wl rebels 4 luv" may look cutesy in and of themselves -- but could they be trusted with a superweapon, the ability to scramble your brains right out of your ears and all the authority that being a Jedi gives them? Force Sensitives are creepy enough when they have strong ethics and self-control. Take that away and you have a recipe for disaster.

And Jolee Bindo isn't someone I'd want to emulate on this issue, seeing as how badly he mucked up in his own love affair.
"Beware of the blindness of those who would follow,
and the damnable lure of those who would lead."
- Tamoko, Baldur's Gate