Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Target CE Preorders Cancelled?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Target CE Preorders Cancelled?

Melcene
12.13.2011 , 09:11 PM | #1
Anyone else run across this? I've had $350 on hold with my bank for the past few months because I ordered two CEs through Target, and today they cancelled my order - now they say they don't even sell CEs. Sounds like I'm pooched.
Collector's Edition V.I.P.
Beta Disciple of the Orange Pixel of Death

Melcene
12.13.2011 , 09:28 PM | #2
And yes, I'd already had my preorder codes entered on my account and my husband's account for some time. In fact, we've been waiting on our early access emails. Only now we have no product. I'm currently raising hell with Target, since that was what I had to do to even get my original preorder codes.

Constantine_Rex
12.13.2011 , 09:31 PM | #3
Target has a bad history of this. Last year I believe it was they had a designer, exclusive clothes line that they vastly underestimated demand for and people went apesh*t. Like their B+M stores but whoever is their advance sales strategist is a tool.
"You Need More Scoundrels In Your Life."

CBGB
12.13.2011 , 09:34 PM | #4
Brutal.

I'm expecting the same on my orders from Wal-Mart and Newegg.

Yep, I wish I'd ordered from Amazon but by the time I returned this summer, they were out. In any case, it's not an issue with a single retailer, but with the distribution in general.

I don't suppose there's any chance EA will offer a digital version, given the snafus in supplying the physical copies?
Ebon Hawk: Kurek, Op. Anvar, Merc. Kalek, Sorc. Jurat, Sage. Jagen, Commando. Jaxis, Scoundrel.

Gunnaur
12.13.2011 , 09:36 PM | #5
They make more off from the DD.
Ship not my game and cut you I will!!

Beaver
12.13.2011 , 09:37 PM | #6
Don't expect anything from them, or perhaps a gift card for $25.
My lightsaber is bigger than yours!

Fireside
12.13.2011 , 09:40 PM | #7
Sorry to hear this.

Obviously Biowares distributor is terrible while handling this type of distribution.
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████████████████████████████████)

Trillistar
12.13.2011 , 09:43 PM | #8
Standard comment when this happens:
We are sorry for any incomvenience this may have caused you.

translation: There is nothing you can do about it. We won't do anything to make it up to you. And we don't really value your business.

Melcene
12.13.2011 , 11:46 PM | #9
Honestly, I almost wouldn't care that much - what is really ticking me off is that they put that money - $358.45 (including tax and shipping) on hold with my bank for that entire time since my order. I've had a couple insufficient funds charges here and there because of them and their stupid hold. And now I won't even get the product. THAT is what is really ticking me off.

Melcene
12.14.2011 , 11:10 AM | #10
Thank you to those who cancelled their Gamestop preorders, whether out of frustration or spite or whatever - thanks to you folks, Gamestop opened back up taking orders for Collector's Editions (online anyway).