Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I just don't understand all the hate for

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
I just don't understand all the hate for

xBloodCloudx
12.13.2011 , 09:48 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarlathe View Post
Well, to be fair, Anakin Skywalker did worse. But seriously, playing a Gungan would have been pretty cool. Sorta like playing a troll in WoW.
Yeah but Anakin was cool.
Cheating seems to be a relevant term only when one is caught in the act. Otherwise it is viewed as intelligence, no?

AceJindu
12.13.2011 , 09:53 PM | #22
In Force Unleashed II, in the emperor's throne room, you can find Jar Jar Bink's hide. Apparently he was skinned alive by the emperor.
" I am Revan reborn, and before me you are nothing ! "

HenryundertheC
12.13.2011 , 10:01 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AceJindu View Post
In Force Unleashed II, in the emperor's throne room, you can find Jar Jar Bink's hide. Apparently he was skinned alive by the emperor.
...play the game. You`ll see its not canon.
Why do I always speculate? Maybe because of all the plot holes.

Captain_Zone
12.13.2011 , 10:06 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AceJindu View Post
Well, it's canon to me! See? The Emperor was good for something after all.
. OPOD
Best Dark Side Points in the game: Bounty Hunter ROFLCURBSTOMPING that nobleman on Alderaan when he mouths off.

Marunette
12.13.2011 , 10:06 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by HenryundertheC View Post
...play the game. You`ll see its not canon.
... and the masses cry out that it darn tootin' well should be!
Sith Lady of the Sneers.
Cross the streams at your own risk.

rickyard
12.13.2011 , 10:10 PM | #26
It is Lucas fault, can't pretend to do XIXth century jokes in a film. Come on, we got even the cake in the face (jar jar throwing food to Sebulba). And of course the "educational" part in the dialogue. "you were having trouble". It sucks.

Wishpig
12.13.2011 , 10:43 PM | #27
Jar Jar is the worst. I can't really describe how awful he is in words. I wish there was a word dedicated solely to describing hatred towards jar jar. How about loathesectomy.

He was beyond annoying, he was a raciest character, he pushed suspension of disbelief to the limits, he didn't add to the story, and he was there ONLY for kids/comic relief.

See, R2-D2 and C-3P0 were also comic relief characters. However, they contributed to the story and were actually quite useful at times. That makes a HUGE difference in a comic relief character.

Now, see, in the Clone Wars TV show, the past two seasons have depicted Jar Jar as being useful, and have thus rendered him less of an awful awful waste.

BansheeLT
12.13.2011 , 11:01 PM | #28
I didn't have a problem with the character, but how they used him. He got way too much face time and lines. It felt cheap and unprofessional the way he kept turning up and "accidentally" helping.
Burn it with fire.

Serill
12.13.2011 , 11:15 PM | #29
All for the kids. As though star wars wasn't gripping enouhg as it is. I know that when I was a wee little kid I watched all three original movies a billion times, and I didn't need a Jar Jar character to find it enthralling. Hell we already had C3-PO. Isn't that enough?!
Those who live by the sword... Get shot by those who don't

Necronsis
12.13.2011 , 11:18 PM | #30
George Lucas has just announce that he will be remastering the new trilogy, Jar Jar will be killed by HK-47 in the first movie, every other scene that Jar Jar appeared later on will be replace by HK-47.