Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ia/bh help me pick

Bakedlol
12.13.2011 , 08:51 PM | #1
Hi, i want the best possible 1on1 pvper betwen these classes.

Just want a stabel solo class that can handel himself out in the open. Any ides?

Darinford
12.13.2011 , 09:02 PM | #2
BH is a bit easier since you don't have to worry about cover.

As a sniper you will have better Range, and CC abilities. However, it requires a bit of skill to manage the cover system and if the enemy closes on you you're in trouble.

As for stating which is best, I haven't rolled both to 50 and I won't say such a thing till I've been 50 awhile with both.

On paper and in the open, I'm partial to the Engineer for its slowing probe and instacast abilities.

Diabolic
Website - Forums - Apply
Hardcore Endgame PvE - PvP Dominance - US West PvP Server

Evuke
12.13.2011 , 09:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bakedlol View Post
Hi, i want the best possible 1on1 pvper betwen these classes.

Just want a stabel solo class that can handel himself out in the open. Any ides?
1 question.....do you like standing in 1 spot for long periods? If yes then roll an IA, if no then roll a BH.

Bakedlol
12.13.2011 , 09:05 PM | #4
Ia operative doesnt stand still does he? And also i thing merc stands still alot

Darinford
12.13.2011 , 09:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bakedlol View Post
Ia operative doesnt stand still does he? And also i thing merc stands still alot

BH has a lot of channeled DPS abilities so yeah this reduces our mobility somewhat. Snipers-snipers will sit in one spot, Sniper-Engineers have more mobility. Operatives have a lot of mobility, but aren't as good at kiting as engineers are. If you want to stealth around a lot and get the jump on people then Operative is a good choice.

Diabolic
Website - Forums - Apply
Hardcore Endgame PvE - PvP Dominance - US West PvP Server

Avianpixie
12.13.2011 , 09:11 PM | #6
Quote:
Ia operative doesnt stand still does he?
Operatives are stealth based. They're most effective in PvP when playing with a group, they aren't a charge in and kill stuff class. They're a sit behind someone with higher health and pick off a weakened opponent before moving onto someone else's target kind of class.

If you want to just charge in and kill stuff, i'd recommend a Power Tech Bounty Hunter. If you want to play it safe from a distance i'd play a Sniper. If you want to stealth around and just pick easy fights, i'd say Operative.
I healed, therefore i was...
...No, not a bucket of turkey. A healer.

SanguineGus
12.13.2011 , 09:13 PM | #7
Theres no cd on gettng in cover, you get buffs when entering exiting cover -> if youre not entering exiting cover for those buffs, you're only reaching a small sliver of your potential. You may also notice you roll to cover, reeeeeally fast and the distance you travel is pretty far- use that for mobility.

ReiperX
12.13.2011 , 11:58 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SanguineGus View Post
Theres no cd on gettng in cover, you get buffs when entering exiting cover -> if youre not entering exiting cover for those buffs, you're only reaching a small sliver of your potential. You may also notice you roll to cover, reeeeeally fast and the distance you travel is pretty far- use that for mobility.
Yup. And you can roll from cover point to cover point pretty easily too.

Snipers have a lot more manuverouability then you would think. Granted while you are rolling you aren't doing dps.

Do the leaving cover buffs proc even if you are rolling from point to point?
Sith Apprentice"Master, whats for dinner"
Sith Lord "Wookie steak"
Sith Apprentice "Is it any good?"
Sith Master "It's a little chewy" .

Bakedlol
12.14.2011 , 09:13 AM | #9
Im leaning to Ia operative now, seems like its a good class whit good story line strong attacks and hes werry mobile.