Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Hunter or Trooper- story-wise

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bounty Hunter or Trooper- story-wise

myslead
01.10.2012 , 01:45 PM | #11
I played throughout the prologue of the Trooper and it seemed like it was setting up for something cool.

tracking down your old squad that betrayed the Republic etc...

but the first companion you get as a trooper ugh.

Miths
01.10.2012 , 02:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by myslead View Post

but the first companion you get as a trooper ugh.
It's Detective Lassiter from Psych - what's not to like?

I just picked up Elara Dorne and will give her a try, but Lassie... sorry, Aric Jorgan served my Vanguard very well through the first 20 levels. I think he only died once and he packs a fairly mean punch with that cannon.

Stoptakingmyname
01.22.2012 , 05:07 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Miths View Post
It's Detective Lassiter from Psych - what's not to like?

I just picked up Elara Dorne and will give her a try, but Lassie... sorry, Aric Jorgan served my Vanguard very well through the first 20 levels. I think he only died once and he packs a fairly mean punch with that cannon.
I think that's how everyone feels.

Either they hate Aric Jorgan or they love the fact they're teaming with a Cathar version of Carlton Lassiter.

People who know who he is have none of the hate, disdain or disgust the uninformed do.

Miths
01.22.2012 , 05:44 PM | #14
Actually after a mere 20 levels playing my trooper I ended up finding Aric dull, my second companion the same, and what I got to experience of the storyline it felt like a heavily watered down version of Mass Effect.

The only real saving grace was Jennifer Hale voicing the female trooper, but I'd frankly rather save her military role for Mass Effect 3 in a couple of months. And I've also just started replaying ME2 in preparation.

My latest character is a female bounty hunter, but being only level 12 it's obviously too early to say much of anything about story. I certainly like my initial companion a whole lot more than Aric Jorgen though - Mako is almost as likeable as the SW companion Vette.

And again I've been impressed by the female voice acting of the class. Not quite up to par with the IA and the Trooper, but probably coming in fourth just behind the Sith Warrior.

Cronhour
01.22.2012 , 09:20 PM | #15
trooper until 50 bounty hunter is up to 22 so far. As far as class design go, bounter hunter animations and skills are better tuned (unload >full auto death from above > morter round)

But the trooper story was great, you can play it decision to decision dark light or shades of grey and the companion storys were great Mako is already doing my head in and I miss Elara.

I rolled BH as my guild moved to a busier server and rerolled Imp, If your rolling an alt and your main is imp anyway I'd suggest trooper rather than bounty hunter, you get to experience a different side to the game (flashpoints and planet story etc) and it's a really great story and everyone one else who's played it to 50 I've spoke to agrees with me.

Sylriana
01.22.2012 , 09:34 PM | #16
The trooper story has the downside of being very, very straight-forward and not nearly as grandiose as the other class quests. That's not to say that the trooper story is bad, I really liked it.... it's just not particularly complex, and if you've played any other class to a high level... everything the trooper does feels pretty small scale.

JasonSavo
01.23.2012 , 01:39 AM | #17
The Trooper story isn't really a story, nothing is happening in it. You go from one objective to another, very straight forward, nothing in between. It gets old, fast. There are so many good concepts they could have explored in the story but chose not to. If you like a story that can be summarized in 3 sentences, Trooper is for you. Otherwise, stick with the BH.

JDTC
01.23.2012 , 02:24 AM | #18
i liked the BH story. it could drag on at times (belsavis), and it could get pretty engaging at times. near the end, though, i felt more like a sith than a bounty hunter. i realize faction alignment has a lot to do with the story of this game, but i would have preferred a more... freelance version of act 3. but i understand why its done the way its done.
i support powertech

SEGMENTUM
01.23.2012 , 05:48 AM | #19
Regarding Trooper Act 1 and 3 end bosses:
Spoiler

myslead
01.23.2012 , 08:57 AM | #20
I played a Trooper throughout his prologue and rerolled because I wanted Vanguard instead of Commando, but didn't play his new version yet so he's sitting at level 1 in my character bay.

but I have a chapter 1 completed BH

and I have to say that while the BH seems more fun in the long run, the Trooper had the best hook in from the prologue. classic betrayal/revenge plot. I could not wait to catch them and kill them all.