Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most FUN class to play (Discussion)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Most FUN class to play (Discussion)

alexpeters
02.21.2012 , 06:01 PM | #51
I love the play style of my concealment Op. Stealth and stab is great. The Jugg, for all its weaknesses, is still pretty funny. Saber throws and force charging looks pretty sweet. You have to press a lot of buttons, but that is part of the fun. I also enjoy playing my PT. Just using DFA is pretty sweet. The only class I strongly dislike is the assassin. I expected to by like Darth Maul, flipping around and stuff. Instead I got an extremely boring class.

Nuttmegg
02.23.2012 , 12:03 PM | #52
I'm going with Imperial Agent/Operative as most fun class. I have 8 characters, half on Empire and half on Republic each in teens to and 20s, so no sense yet on endgame. However, so far I'd say the Imperial Agent has one of the most fun stories (tho I think the Inquisitor is best so far and best opening is the Smuggler).

More imporantly, the playstyle is the most varied and hence most fun to play, don't get bored. Its kind of visceral and savage and I can attack via stealth with my vicious knife (like I'm supposed to) or if I like can play more like a sniper or mix it up. Also, when I'm feeling lazy I might just heal Kaliyo and let her do the work. She is also the craziest companion I've encountered yet--another plus!

SecretScientist
02.23.2012 , 12:29 PM | #53
Sage

Storyline is enjoyable and it actually feels like something special when you acquire your first lightsaber. By comparison, the inquisitor storyline is so predictable and poorly written it feels like a chore (and like something Lucas would write).

Sage toolbox is immense and the class is powerful in all settings I've encountered. PvE is a breeze and fun. Sage is also a powerhouse in PvP even at low levels. It can be argued that other classes are potentially more effective 1 vs 1, but there is certainly no class that is easier to play in PvP. With high damage and large heals, even a novice can turn the tide of battle quickly and easily (all of this applies to sorcerer of course).

Dee-Jay
02.23.2012 , 12:43 PM | #54
I've only payed 2 classes thus far.

And while the Guardian is my main, I'll admit that the Operative is a much funner class.

It just has way more going for it. You can sneak around and only need to engage in fights you want. You can solo many H2 missions and even some H4 missions thanks to your CC and stealth. You can get "out of jail" on a fairly liberal cooldown.

It's just a much better and well-rounded class.

A Guardian doesn't have much in the way of CC, control or cooldowns. It's a very shallow class in my opinion.

FatherGrimm
02.23.2012 , 01:12 PM | #55
My play experiences:

Jedi Knight/Guardian -- Best storyline. Takes a while to mature as a fun class both in PvE & PvP, with the exception of Force Leap, my favorite ability in the game. From late 20's on, you have enough tools and build options available to make the class tons of fun, with tons of options. Combat animations are good, wish they were better.

Jedi Consular/Shadow -- Boring storyline. PvE & PvP are both fun, right out of the box. Combat animations are good, wish they were better.

Sith Warrior/Marauder -- Fun storyline, with the funniest story option I've taken in the game. PvE is great, PvP is tough sometimes due to serious lack of cc abilities. Best combat animations I've seen.

Sith Inquisitor/Sorcerer -- Good storyline. Strong in both PvE & PvP, but sometimes it does feel like the extremes win out in practice; either you're a god or you're getting crushed. Lightning bolts never get old, unlike rocks & stones.

Bounty Hunter/Powertech -- Great storyline. Fun and easy to play both in PvE & PvP, with Death From Above as a whole mess o' fun to rain down on opponents.

Only just started Trooper & Smuggler. Trooper with cannon looks cooler than dual-pistol Powertech counterpart, in my opinion. Smuggler storyline is off to a great start early on.

Rotm
02.24.2012 , 01:00 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Fentz View Post
what spec?

vanguard assault has to use hammer shot almost every 2nd cast, unless lucky with HIB procs

wops double post.
Hybrid tank with ion cell. I used to play as assault but the survival was too low and the damage difference wasn't large enough given the ulitity loss without lvl 50 gear and set bonuses.

jirati
03.09.2012 , 04:24 PM | #57
Smuggler; you can kick people in the dick XD

LordbishopX
03.09.2012 , 04:40 PM | #58
8 alts smuggler has the best lines and Sith warrior has some great lines especially vette love her mouth.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀}╠╬[<BishopX>]╬╣{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Nytak
03.09.2012 , 04:47 PM | #59
I have a 50 guardian and 50 commando, currently working on a sage (28). So far I like them all just about equally, though for different reasons. I'm being honest here. I log in and have difficulties picking which 50 I want to play.

Commando.. omg the dmg, I love it! Not a whole lot in the utility department, but as gunnery I hit hard, and I have enough points in combat medic to make up for the lack of other utility type skills. I love this class for both pve and pvp.

Guardian.. The mobility is amazing. The dmg reduction is phenominal. I actually prefer pvp as a tank more than I enjoy tanking pve content, go figure.

Sage.. Still growing into this class, currently specced healer, but not quite enough points in the tree to make it that drastically different from a dpser... Time will tell, but I love playing this character also.

The rest are on hold until the Legacy system is in the game....
Decemberite
You work hard so we don't have to

Smarty
03.09.2012 , 07:58 PM | #60
Healing Operatives!
Smarty Shot First
Imperial Agent Squadron