Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What Class Would They Play?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
What Class Would They Play?

AhsokaTanorules's Avatar


AhsokaTanorules
05.27.2012 , 11:06 AM | #11
Rex: Trooper Vanguard
Sabe: Agent Sniper

i_am_sancho's Avatar


i_am_sancho
05.28.2012 , 11:09 AM | #12
I reckon you could go even more specific and try spec as well.

Anakin Skywalker: Vigilance Guardian/Vengeance Juggernaut (he uses Shien form)
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Defense Guardian (he uses soresu, and it sorta suits him)
Darth Sidious: Lightning Sorcerer
Mace Windu: Watchman Sentinel (uses Juyo)
Yoda: Combat Sentinel (uses Ataru)
Ahsoka Tano: Combat Sentinel
Aayla Secura: Combat Sentinel
Qui-Gon Jinn: Vigilance Guardian
Darth Maul: Deception Assassin, although in duel of the fates he kinda looks like a Sentinel with a saber staff
Count Dooku: Lightning Sorcerer
Shaak Ti: Focus Guardian

I don't know enough about the non-force wielding classes to try anyone like Han Solo or Chewbacca.

master_endymion's Avatar


master_endymion
05.29.2012 , 07:29 PM | #13
Kyle Katarn wouldn't pick a class. It is the Classes that would like to be Kyle Katarn. Um... so yeah,.

Usif's Avatar


Usif
08.13.2012 , 02:44 AM | #14
Does anybody else think that Qui-Gonn Jinn might be more of a sage than a guardian? I had an argument with my brothers about what he would be, I can't really remember my own reasoning on the subject (and i know the jedi knights introspection is based of jinn but still) but it seems to fit for me

TwistedTony's Avatar


TwistedTony
09.17.2012 , 10:16 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by i_am_sancho View Post
I reckon you could go even more specific and try spec as well.

Anakin Skywalker: Vigilance Guardian/Vengeance Juggernaut (he uses Shien form)
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Defense Guardian (he uses soresu, and it sorta suits him)
Darth Sidious: Lightning Sorcerer
Mace Windu: Watchman Sentinel (uses Juyo)
Yoda: Combat Sentinel (uses Ataru)
Ahsoka Tano: Combat Sentinel
Aayla Secura: Combat Sentinel
Qui-Gon Jinn: Vigilance Guardian
Darth Maul: Deception Assassin, although in duel of the fates he kinda looks like a Sentinel with a saber staff
Count Dooku: Lightning Sorcerer
Shaak Ti: Focus Guardian

I don't know enough about the non-force wielding classes to try anyone like Han Solo or Chewbacca.
this guy completely beat me to it with yoda and windu being sents. In the time of yoda and windu, dual wielding was rare because it wasn't a time of war, until the clone wars suddenly happened outa nowhere, so there was no need to train for such an aggressive technique. In the old republic era, jedi and sith are training their weapon masters to be more aggressive (i.e. dual wielding) because theirs been a war going on for i dont even know how many years and their rebuilding their ranks
The Bastion - Descension
Rexas - Juggernaut, Predatus - Marauder, Malitus - Assassin
Vigilax - Guardian

TwistedTony's Avatar


TwistedTony
09.17.2012 , 10:17 PM | #16
although idc what bioware says about the assassin being based off darth maul, that dude was a marauder if there ever was one. And maul did dual wield, he just preferred the saber staff.
The Bastion - Descension
Rexas - Juggernaut, Predatus - Marauder, Malitus - Assassin
Vigilax - Guardian

GymQuirk's Avatar


GymQuirk
09.18.2012 , 04:53 PM | #17
Pfeh. I'd interpreted the question as "What would the character play to blow off steam or as a change of pace?" rather than just another round of "What game mechanic best fits the character as depicted?"

So in that light...

Anakin Skywalker (pre-RotS): Gunslinger
Darth Vader (post-Mustafar): Jedi Sage (healing)
Palpatine: Scoundrel
Han Solo: Jedi Shadow (and keeps it hidden from Leia at all costs)
Leia: Bounty Hunter (seems she had quite a bit of fun infiltrating Jabba's palace...)
Chewbacca: Jedi Consular (just so he can abuse Qyzen.)
C-3P0: Bounty Hunter (he has a crush on Scorpio)
R2-D2: Jedi Knight (wants to live vicariously through T7)

GhostDrone's Avatar


GhostDrone
09.20.2012 , 03:08 PM | #18
Quote:
Palpatine: Scoundrel
I laughed harder than i should have, imagining ol' Palpy as a charming Scoundrel.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

Malles's Avatar


Malles
09.21.2012 , 02:44 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by master_endymion View Post
Kyle Katarn wouldn't pick a class. It is the Classes that would like to be Kyle Katarn. Um... so yeah,.
Kyle Katarn IS a class.

Boba Fett's a Powertech, screw anyone who disagrees.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.
Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Kaisernick's Avatar


Kaisernick
09.22.2012 , 06:23 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Usif View Post
Does anybody else think that Qui-Gonn Jinn might be more of a sage than a guardian? I had an argument with my brothers about what he would be, I can't really remember my own reasoning on the subject (and i know the jedi knights introspection is based of jinn but still) but it seems to fit for me
i think your right as he seem more diplomatic than out right fighter, however his healing skills were simply lacking on naboo