Why im uninstalling after only a week of play

JinMaq

First of all, i would like to state that this is not a thread to have a while or complain about this and that. Im a huge fan of star wars, and ALL LucasArts games, i desire only for them to make greater and better games, so i will state my reasoning here, in the high hopes they will fix it by the next release.

1. No exploration, just follow the path missions, and instant travel between worlds. Even Eve's jump-gates are less boring than that.

2. No social interaction - MMO? whats the point of having so many other players around, slowing down your latency, when they are all so selfishly busy with their own objectives, they couldn't care less about yours. Most hostile and rude MMO community ever, without a doubt.

3. Confusing economy - How many different monetary systems are there? cartel coins, fleet requisition points, social points blah blah blah. Was i really expected to read through manuals to understand all these? i came here to play a game, not a stock market.

4. Mission system - Way too many confusing side missions, i wrongfully accepted many side missions at the republic fleet HQ that by the time i got to courosant i couldn't accept the side missions there as my missions were full. Ignore them, delete them, or go back to fleet HQ and try to do them ... where the **** is Tyries, how do i get there? is this for real? .... guys, cmon! this is a joke.

5. Inventory filling. So i start the game, get a greeting email with a gift attached, containing 2 complete sets of armor (useless flight suits,) taking up about 1/3 of my inventory. i had to play the game like this till i reached fleet HQ and was "forced" to subscribe just to get them out of my inventory. Could i have sold them and they been available later? who knows, not me, was i expected to know that unpacking them would have doomed me? What do the crafting packs contain? should i sell them? i was certainly too afraid to open them for fear of filling my inventory even more.

6. Star-fighter duels. Do i even need to say anything, they are appalling. Who's idea was it to make star-fighter duels like a game of CoD? A B and C objectives? POWER-UPS? omg what did you guys do?

7.Flashpoints. I started 3 of these, in my first i got kicked for being slow and asking questions, they raced ahead like they knew exactly what they were doing and had done it 100 times before, just another grind for them, but i was deeply immersed in being a jedi, and it all came crashing down when i got kicked. 2nd flashpoint was Darth Magus's base, we all wernt strong enough and had to quit, complete waste of time. 3rd flashpoint unfinished as someone had to leave unfortunately and no replacement could be found so the rest quit. When compared to final fantasy, these flashpoints are a joke.

8. Conversations and force decisions. This was one of the things i loved about knights of the old republic and its sequel. But now you made it so you know exactly what the result will be before you even push it, by making the jedi and sith icons visible in the middle of the chat bar. Its just too easy now, good things to say are always at top, bad at bottom. Why not just choose your alignment from the start and automate it all from there? completely unrewarding system, makes conversations extremely boring and predictable.

9. Not even a mini-game to construct a light-saber. Trivial i know, but i was really hoping i would get to "find" my own crystal, then at least play a small mini-game to join it together, not just right-click on some magic machine, that was lame.

10. Speeder travel. Why cant the speeders from point A to point B be a little less buggy? it cant be that hard to fix. They turn invisible, land clunky and uneven and vanish suddenly on completion, it looks retarded guys, why not fix it?

11. Support. Long waiting times, very hard to find email addresses, everything just seems to link to

Now, before you go launching the flak cannons and tearing up my posts with quotes and misquotes bear in mind i have played the original KOTOR series, almost all Lucas arts games. I have played tons of hours on MMO's like eve online and final fantasy, im shocked, insulted even, that this game which i had such high hopes for, bring nothing original to the genre, you just "cloned" their ideas, and everyone knows clones are inferior. I was late to arrive here because of the rumors, and sadly the rumors are true, this game sucks.

Some positive notes.I found the sabre combat much more entertaining than in previous titles, there wasn't an abundance of flashing bright lights during each move like the crazy FF MMO's. I loved the scenery and artwork, it truly was wonderful to behold, but im primarily here to play a game not look at art,shame the gameplay wasn't as good.

Also i found the on site admins to be extremely pleasant and helpful. I know you tried guys, and i really do appreciate it, i wanted to like the game i really did, its just a shame the community wasn't as friendly as you guys. I see that this game would be best played with a group of friends, but i was alone, playing the game single player for the story, and in that aspect, i just wasn't fun.

I doubt you will ever recover this game so i just hope you get the next one right. I sincerely hope swtor2 is nothing like this game. I hope you bring something new and innovative to the table instead of a cheap copy of something else spray-painted with star wars logos.

Hope my feedback helps towards the next game, sorry if i hurt anyone's feelings.

Kind regards, Jinmaq.

Actually this player points out the major issues with this particular expansion...in the interests of getting as many new and returning players to end game in an MORPG the devs chose to undermine the very things that make an MMORPG and MMORPG. For those of us already at end game no biggie, for those who are looking for a new MMORPG they will indeed say "wth?"

Actually this player points out the major issues with this particular expansion...in the interests of getting as many new and returning players to end game in an MORPG the devs chose to undermine the very things that make an MMORPG and MMORPG. For those of us already at end game no biggie, for those who are looking for a new MMORPG they will indeed say "wth?"

except the only issue in his rant that ties with the 4.0 changes is that to flashpoints. which does indeed need changing.

the rest are simply long standing aspects of the game, or outside of Bioware's control (BW really can't FORCE us to be friendlier to newbies)

except the only issue in his rant that ties with the 4.0 changes is that to flashpoints. which does indeed need changing.

the rest are simply long standing aspects of the game, or outside of Bioware's control (BW really can't FORCE us to be friendlier to newbies)

Well I was referring to the exploration thing, especially with the streamlined leveling there is not reason to hop off the railroad tracks to 60. There was before. I would agree that the FP thing is an issue of course. Bolstering only works if you can make sure you limit the number of people who are under leveled once you get to a point. I have played games where it has worked BUT those were games where there was no lfd (EQ2 before their queue had first a mentor and then they added bolster but at the time there was no lfd so you usually only bolstered with friends or guildies and they made sure everyone else was appropriate in level and gear. Here it is a crap shoot.

The rest of the stuff, as you say, are typical BUT those two alone would be a breaking point for many a player so I pretty much ignored the rest because, tbh, if I had just "discovered" SWTOR with this expac I would likely not make it to endgame myself. Depending on my luck with the lfd and bolstered players I might not even make it with an instant 60.

I understand the idea behind level sync and bolster... To first empower lower level players (hopefully attract and maintain new players = making money)and second to allow them to retread content for end game players (=saving money as less new content need be made.) The problem is that the range they set up for the bolster mechanic is FAR to broad considering the game mechanics and most existing players don't enjoy having stuff they "beat" become a challenge again.

Edited by Ghisallo

1- EVE is an online mmo that is focusing on a space combat and space travel, trading, mining fighting and etc, ofc it will have a better jumping animation. And dude without a damn quick travel it will take hours to get from one place to another, after you play this for some time you would just stand and wait for your quick travel CD...

2-Game cant force other players to help you, maybe other players have limited time of playing so they want to focus on their own story not on yours, maybe you just faced some rude people or the time wasnt right there many reasons but game developers have nothing to do with that complain of yours. there are different servers, if u made an account on PvP people will just randomly attack you, the game actually tells you about that if you read about the server you are making an account in. Try to find a friendly guild or something. From my personal experience people are very help full in game.

3-Economy is good, if you could buy anything you want with 1 in game credit that would destroy rewarding system, players that play a lot of pvp get pvp commendation, those players put some effort in getting those. So if developers remove that, every1 will simply go and buy pvp gear without any effort and that will make the game less competitive. same goes for all other types of currency.

4-You can always abandon missions you dont want, also if u press M-map, it will show you which icon stands for your story mission and which ones are side missions heroic icons and etc.... you just didnt check those out and blame it all on game... game cant put the information in you mind, you gotta red it or ask some1 about it. last resort just come here on forums write your question down, im sure some1 will help you out.

5-You can make your inventory bigger buy buying an extend or what ever it is called with in game credit, you dont want some thing just drag an item out and throw it away, and those items are not useless those are custom items or legendary you are supposed to put mods with stats in them... and if you dont want them simply u can throw them out...

6-Star Fighter pvp is totally fine, remember it is a mini game did you expect that something like EVE online will be there? there also is a different modes...

7-Maybe Flashpoints need some work on them, but i my personal opinion they are fine, some players do FPs for items, people expect you to skip in order to save time and etc... If you are really interested in the story, you can always do all the FPs in a solo mode where you can take your time. Also FP bosses have tricks to them you gotta learn them prior FP from forums or from doing it in solo mode, or listen to players that already did that FP few times. And again people dont have hours of free time to wait for to learn a simple trick. And again developers have nothing to do with this.

8-not going to commend on this all people have different opinions. Also communication got much more better in new knights of the fallen empire.

9-You can always craft your own crystals hilt mods and etc to make your own light saber, some classes also have a cut scene where they actually make their own light saber.

10-ill just skip this couse graphic issues and etc...

anyway i also was confused in my first days of playing this and i was going on and off its a big game you wont learn everything in a week, you gotta play make mistakes and learn the right way to do things. If you could learn everything in a day or two this would have been a boring game, couse there would be nothing else to explore. If you want I can help you with some mission and etc....

Obviously i dont know everrything myself so some stuff i wrote might be wrong, and everyhting i wrtoe is based only on my personal opinion, sorry if i hurt your feelings, im just bored and i thought i write something xD

Sorry mate, not considering the wrong forum posting ... but ... If you're that full of insight after 1 game week, then you're probably a troll, and if I by that takes the wrong posting in judgement

0/10:confused:

And if you're not, well then you don't have any stuff to give either:(

Sorry mate, not considering the wrong forum posting ... but ... If you're that full of insight after 1 game week, then you're probably a troll, and if I by that takes the wrong posting in judgement

0/10:confused:

And if you're not, well then you don't have any stuff to give either:(

OP must be a troll, right? He says he only played for one week, and he received two full sets of armor in his mail when he first entered the game. I thought you had to be a subscriber when GSF launched in order to get those armor suits?