Survival of the Nerdiest: Match 2

Silenceo

Sorry I haven't posted anything lately, classes started last week, and I've been incredibly busy since then. Not sure how much I'll be able to post now. (Also, just kind of waiting for things to happen at the moment, since the direction Alderick is walking is forced by the terrain still, as far as I know, given where he landed. Have a possible plan to make stuff happen once we run into Jarron or something, but not much to do til then.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I haven't posted anything lately, classes started last week, and I've been incredibly busy since then. Not sure how much I'll be able to post now. (Also, just kind of waiting for things to happen at the moment, since the direction Alderick is walking is forced by the terrain still, as far as I know, given where he landed. Have a possible plan to make stuff happen once we run into Jarron or something, but not much to do til then.

Yea i started school this week and have my plate full with classes i can still post daily when i get home and before i start my Hw but you guys can walk towards me and we meet up I had a cool introduction for all our characters meeting but i been waiting for more post before my character journey into the woods alone

Also about what LK said if we do that force user would have to get stronger the longer they survive each planet the will use less energy using force abilities because they're growing more accustomed to using them say force ability if one planet 1 i used force speed for a few hours if i would be exhausted but the more i used it the less energy force speed will used its like riding a bike more you do it the better and less energy you used doing it i but i think over time the longer the player survives the stronger they become but all in all i like the idea

Feel free to debate my character update, I feel that the current state of things justifies this post.

Unfortunately the narrator update says that Jahuro regains consciousness so....he has plot armor for the time being.

Also: I'm pretty sure that the rules state that only the narrators are allowed to kill of characters.

Edited by karadron

Feel free to debate my character update, I feel that the current state of things justifies this post.

I feel like you just ran a steamroller over my toes...

1. No resistance? What?

2. Seems out of character. *he would at the very least cackle...*

3. Even if that all went according to plan as in your post...he survived the shots?! Tough Mirulaki... :p

4. His lightsaber?! IMPOSSIBLE!!! :eek:

5. Wait... he survived? :confused:

6. Writing character death/conflict?!

7. He was conscious...

8.Possible mental trick?

9. So rude!

10. Reminds me of this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyJOLcOWeiw

Edited by Silenceo

He has eaten three grenades; one of them plasma, so he basically got Mustafar'd and two concussion grenades, meaning he will have next to no mental awareness whatsoever.

She is in prime position to kill him on the spot, he was described as a huge man and I suspected he probably has the whole 'RAAAAGE' thing going for him.

If it were not for the fact that we just had a narrator update, not even ten posts after the last one I would have just left it to one of those. As it is it seems like our ability to narrate what our own characters are doing has gone out of the window, just an observation.

If Jahuro is not allowed to die at this point then I'll edit my post, because I don't see a single way he could defend himself from incoming fire at this point, as I said at the top, he is not in fighting shape or anywhere close to it, at all.

He is not Malgus, Vader, Sion or Maul. As the post suggests he is damn tough, but anything else would be rather OP imo.

I am sorry that it steps on toes but I feel like everyone is getting a damn lucky break, I am about to narrate my own character into a death trap myself, she is now stuck in a cave with the only exit ending in certain death. Unluckily for her, something much worse than a Zakkeg is in there with her.

Edited by LadyKulvax

He has eaten three grenades; one of them plasma, so he basically got Mustafar'd and two concussion grenades, meaning he will have next to no mental awareness whatsoever.

She is in prime position to kill him on the spot, he was described as a huge man and I suspected he probably has the whole 'RAAAAGE' thing going for him.

If it were not for the fact that we just had a narrator update, not even ten posts after the last one I would have just left it to one of those. As it is it seems like our ability to narrate what our own characters are doing has gone out of the window, just an observation.

If Jahuro is not allowed to die at this point then I'll edit my post, because I don't see a single way he could defend himself from incoming fire at this point, as I said at the top, he is not in fighting shape or anywhere close to it, at all.

He is not Malgus, Vader, Sion or Maul. As the post suggests he is damn tough, but anything else would be rather OP imo.

I am sorry that it steps on toes but I feel like everyone is getting a damn lucky break, I am about to narrate my own character into a death trap myself, she is now stuck in a cave with the only exit ending in certain death. Unluckily for her, something much worse than a Zakkeg is in there with her.

I agree that Jahuro will likely die, I just wanted to point out my Narrator Toes hurt. :( Though the last few narrator posts didn't make it seem like Jahuro was 100% defenseless, with the whole wave of fear thing as well as not being at quite the kill range for the plasma. Granted, it still likely hurt like hell, but I think that it should be remembered what happens when a sith with mental powers is pushed to the brink. I am not saying this in an attempt to save Jahuro, merely that he might cause damage before he is put down. Or limps away. *dodgy eyes* Hey, I can hope, can't I? :p

One thing I wanted to note concerning the fear not effecting Vashti, I understand she has strong mental defenses, which would tremendously soften the blow, but no organic is 100% fear free... Or love free... Or hunger free... You get the idea. Since Jahuro was in such pain when he instinctively released the wave of fear, despite her resolve, I still believe it would at least effect her in a minor way. His mental powers are formidable after all, directed or not.

Though I still feel that walking into the second group of grenades was out of character for him... I think there is more to the scene than Vashti pulling the trigger. Besides, she didn't kill either of the Zekkag's, did she? She was in the air for most of the shots correct? Wouldn't that effect her accuracy, sniper or not? Even more so with the weather? While the remaining Zekkag would avoid Jahuro due to the fear, if Vashti lands I do not think they would avoid her instantly, since the fear wave is gone and only has residual effects.

In a injured state or not, the concussion grenades wouldn't have too long of an effect, and while yes the effects on his hearing or the physical harm would endure for a bit, I mean for the disorientation. Granted, I have never had a grenade explode near me so I can not say for certain, but this is far from his first time encountering grenades... Living to be 134 and through the war between the Republic and Empire *before the treaty* can do that. I am not saying he would instantly shake it off, but that he merely would be able to recover and likely defend himself.

Side Note: Wait, she is judging if he is alive or not by his heat signature? This is just me being nit-picky, but since she is firing heat based weaponry at him, isn't that kinda inconsistent? Though, if she is approaching on foot, it is even more likely Jahuro could at least draw his saber to defend himself, considering the "safety range" that Vashti would have had to have been at. I might make a few more edits to this post as I keep re-reading the IC post.

After Thought: From what I can tell, the unconscious state lasted for only a few moments, since he released the wave of fear at the Zekkags, and within 10 seconds a Zekkag was charging at Vashti due to it, which is when the rain started. Though one part that seems unspecified is the distance that the Zekkag has to cross in order to reach Vashti, and whether the rain would have any dampening effect on the flames that enveloped the beast. Mostly that is just because I am curious though.

Question: Vashti opened up up with her Black Nebula Heavy Blaster correct? If so I think the accuracy of the pistol might be an issue due to the range. Most pistols are not all that accurate at around 70m range, which was the *safe distance* if Vashti was on the direct opposite side of the plasma grenade, in order to feel no effects of it. (Circular blasts, curse you! I still think that range is iffy, but its all we got)

Edited by Silenceo

Plasma grenade explosions are basically very very miniature sun explosions, it's going to severely injure him. Also one concussion grenade left Malgus unable to defend himself from Shan's Force Wave, despite him standing right up, I don't see Jahuro doing any better after getting hit with twice the power.

She doesn't have emotions, which is the point, she was a slave from birth and had emotions stripped from her, she killed a man outright with no remorse at 14 years old and was trained in the cold and brutal ways of the Mando'ade. Ever since then she has been used to massacre people wholesale by Mandalore himself as one of his executioners, doing that turns a normal person into a heartless devoid being.

One thing I was going to bring up myself as the match went along was that she massacred her own clan in a show of loyalty to Mandalore himself after the Clan leader tried to usurp him. However as it is she will die before that happens.

Also the Zakkegs fled entirely in fear, the sole remaining one went after Basilisk, but her flamethrower would deal with one of those fairly simply, as displayed.

Also no, she did not use her jetpack to shoot him from the sky, Selenial's post only showed her giving Jahuro an early Life Day present. As a matter of fact all she has done since that point as far as narrator posts are concerned is observe an incoming Zakkeg and a change in the weather.

When I wrote the update I meant for it to connect with the last post, which in this case is Sel's update. In this case the rain has started by the time this event has occurred. It also means that for reasons unknown Jahuro has somehow managed to regain consciousness from the grenades. Maybe they were a bit faulty or they went of a bit prematurely so he didn't feel the full effects.

Also this storm is growing at a fantastic rate right now and the two should expect rough winds, lightning, rain lowering their visibility to within a few feet of themselves.

Wait since my character is on his thrid day and everyone else on there eecond day and the storm on the second day while my character be walking into the aftermath of the storm or is the storm still going

Just treat it like everyone is on the same day it will keep time distortions from happening.

Just treat it like everyone is on the same day it will keep time distortions from happening.

While then I am behind everyone now but that's do able I should be able to reach the outpost before you guys leave during the beginning of the storm

Also how come I can't get a cool update or torval watching my character am hurt do I have to case some carnage to get some attention here lol

Edited by Jarons

While then I am behind everyone now but that's do able I should be able to reach the outpost before you guys leave during the beginning of the storm

Also how come I can't get a cool update or torval watching my character am hurt do I have to case some carnage to get some attention here lol

Torval sees all. So let him play his games.

Torval sees all. So let him play his games.

He can't see me if am shrouded in the force and sneak into his camp and slit his throat right lol but all seriousness is the game going to come back alive I need another post or 2 before I can right my character next move

He can't see me if am shrouded in the force and sneak into his camp and slit his throat right lol but all seriousness is the game going to come back alive I need another post or 2 before I can right my character next move

I'm just trying to figure out who's still involved. IF people haven't responded by the end of this week then I guess I'm going to assume they don't care anymore.

I'm just trying to figure out who's still involved. IF people haven't responded by the end of this week then I guess I'm going to assume they don't care anymore.

I talked to nal last week he said he just waiting for it to start again but really have talked to him since while am here to till the game over or my character is died which I don't think will happen but hey post something with elise you been focusing on torval more then her lol

I am still in this :) (Just waiting for Vashti vs Taz to go down)

Nice sorry I haven't been able to rp with you been busy as hell with school man but last time she had help this time you have back up so it can go either way

Edited by Jarons

Everyone to the debate thread.

We either get past this roadblock, or the roadblock will be blasted from orbit.

Side Note: Aurbere, Star, Canino, and Warren, you guys need to do a bit more to catch up time wise. I mean, only so many songs of Kumbiya can be sung by the Pacifists... As for the weapons dealer and the IA, quite a long jungle run.

Edited by Silenceo

• 2 weeks later...
In all fairness, nothing's really happened to my character that I need to respond to.

Challenge accepted.

*Begins readying the war droids to march on the pacifists* :p

Canino said he is working on another post/update so that should be fixed soon enough.

Side Note: What is RL's problem?! Messing with our ability to participate in forum games! HOW PREPOSTEROUS! Hopefully, I can manage the time better so it doesn't get jammed on a conflict again, and can get people re-immersed. :o

Edited by Silenceo

In all fairness, nothing's really happened to my character that I need to respond to. And I believe Canino was the one who dropped off first. :p

And I've been busy IRL. Grr.

Well...yours and Canino's characters have to catch up two days. I guess that's something to do.