Body type preferred for each class.

muhidin

This is a silly question, body type 4 is obviously the superior one for all classes and races. It exemplifies the values of grace, beauty and even truth in physical form. You want proof? Every time I log in and see someone in one of the other body types, my heart sinks through several layers of insulation until it locates my toes. Then I have to stop for a few seconds as tears obscure my vision. The missed potential of each of these players is excruciating. Then I think to myself, "if only I had spread the truth sooner I could have saved everyone so much trouble and torment". If you disagree with me it's only because the armor designs are bad for some high level male characters.

TLDR: Body Type 4 is the superior and enlightened choice for the aspiring young male character.

-Baken Operative of Nadds

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a silly question, body type 4 is obviously the superior one for all classes and races. It exemplifies the values of grace, beauty and even truth in physical form. You want proof? Every time I log in and see someone in one of the other body types, my heart sinks through several layers of insulation until it locates my toes. Then I have to stop for a few seconds as tears obscure my vision. The missed potential of each of these players is excruciating. Then I think to myself, "if only I had spread the truth sooner I could have saved everyone so much trouble and torment". If you disagree with me it's only because the armor designs are bad for some high level male characters.

TLDR: Body Type 4 is the superior and enlightened choice for the aspiring young male character.

-Baken Operative of Nadds

Suitable avatar you've got there!

I tend to keep to Type 2 on most of my characters, since it seems to be the most "normal" one. There are "deviations", though.

Body type 3 male Vanguards, PTs and Juggernauts seem to look just right.

Body type 1 female would rather fit an Inquisitor, I think.

Body type 2 looks good for everything.

I do have a type 4 male smuggler, just because having a big fat guy diving and rolling around seemed hilarious. I also have a Type 4 male twi'lek Inquisitor because he just looks so increadibly sleazy.

I created a type 3 bounty hunter, who looks like a real hard-case, although I then decided that having a small guy doing teh same stuff could seem even more vicious, so I rerolled type 1, but thought he looked like a kid, so went for type 2. I may go back to type 3, because it seems to fit the voice acting better.

I have a type 3 jedi knight, but the body size + face combination makes him look like a moron (a bit like Animated Superman's dumb cousin). Plus, a jedi knight shouldn't need to be big to be a good fighter.

Well I used the smallest body type for my male sniper and through emo hair on because I like the look. I wanted to give him and cute innocent look. Plus Agents have some of the tightest fitting clothing in the game and its not bulky.

My BH is a tank so I decided to make 1 down from fat *** so everyone in the group can see him. I thought about making a tiny tank, but it may be annoying on Raids so I didn't.

I have found that body type 4 for females looks great if the female class wears wears robes and not leggings, such as the consular or the inquisitor. Leggings/pants will make this body type look too pudgy.

I chose body type 4 for my female sith inquisitor and she looks very sexy and curvey. This body type didn't work on my jedi or my smuggler so I went with body type 2.

Body type 1 seems to make the head look too big.

I gave my IA male agent body type 2. It's a sexy look, sleek and athletic. :p Drool. (Oh, I'm female so don't get any ideas, lol).

Are they going to add more character customzations choices in the future? They really need more face, hair and beard styles and a few more body types.

Edited by ejadavidson

Body type 4 males are just hilarious, I can't take them seriously though. I mean really, a Jedi Sentinel with a body type 4? ***, that is ridiculous. I choose between 2 and 3, never choose 1 or 4 and i don't play female characters either, so i don't know what body type i'd choose for that, probably 2.

I only play body type 3 males. I had some body type 2 at one point, but I deleted and rerolled them all to 3. My main is a body type 3 Vanguard and after playing him for so long, body type 2 just seemed way to skinny. Edited by Galbatorrix

• 4 weeks later...
i dont touch body type 3/4 at all on women, there are really less then good looking faces on the female side and choosing body 3? even the better looking faces look bad with that body type. and a body type 3 woman looks like a man from behind anyway. type 4 body, i can just imagine the sterotype "does my butt look big in this?" the answer is yes in every case.

All my characters are female. I have a body type 4 knight and I roleplay her as insecure about her looks (she asks friends "Does this robe make my butt look big?"), but it works because body type 4 female (unlike male 4) is more about being naturally curvy than being out of shape. My only type 2 females are an imperial agent because I figure looking sexy is a job requirement for a secret agent., and an inquisitor who started out as a slave (so again, being unusually good-looking is part of her backstory). My smuggler is body type 1 because (in my mind) a skinny body goes well with the sassy/sarcastic attitude. My sith warrior is body type 3 because she's supposed to have been hand-picked as the best of the best, which (to me) means a super-athletic body.

Right now I'm trying to roll a consular and I can't decide between type 1 and type 2.

My only real complain is that head size doesn't always match the body. On type 1 bodies the head seems way to big, and on type 4 bodies the head seems too small.

• 6 months later...
Body type 1 Sith Marauder is where it's at.

I was very happy with my body type 1 female marauder. Until i dinged 50 and got Tionese :( Horrible! Other players were laughing at my char. To say that she looks anorexic is an underestimation. To continue playing I had to remove mods and move them to orange pieces. I sacrificed tier buff for the looks, but hell, I couldn't play my character at all at lvl 50!

• 2 years later...
All my characters are female. I have a body type 4 knight and I roleplay her as insecure about her looks (she asks friends "Does this robe make my butt look big?"), but it works because body type 4 female (unlike male 4) is more about being naturally curvy than being out of shape. My only type 2 females are an imperial agent because I figure looking sexy is a job requirement for a secret agent., and an inquisitor who started out as a slave (so again, being unusually good-looking is part of her backstory). My smuggler is body type 1 because (in my mind) a skinny body goes well with the sassy/sarcastic attitude. My sith warrior is body type 3 because she's supposed to have been hand-picked as the best of the best, which (to me) means a super-athletic body.

Right now I'm trying to roll a consular and I can't decide between type 1 and type 2.

My only real complain is that head size doesn't always match the body. On type 1 bodies the head seems way to big, and on type 4 bodies the head seems too small.

All my characters are female (I am, so I couldn't play with what, to me, look like over-sized and badly-sculpted sweet potatoes), and my body type 3s (most of mine are, 38/66 in fact) are pretty much all the "men" I need; the rest are mostly bt2, with a few 1s and 4s.

If I had to *be* one of my chars, it would be the bt1 Red Sith sorcerer I have on EH.

Size 2 for everyone (male), no exeptions, even for soldiers. Actually you don't really see that much real-life soldiers like body 3, it's more of a showoff than real strength.

I never tried to make a female, but regarding answers it looks like there is no equivalent of male size 4 female-side oO ?

Mostly type 2. Marauder, Agent, Smuggler, Trooper and Bounty Hunter. They don't look out of place anywhere and can at least pretend to be "ordinary" people if needed.

My female Inquisitor is a type 1 - IMO it fits the slave origin. A pretty twilek girl has probably been a household slave kept for looks and manners, not put into heavy labor.

I made a male Inquisitor just the opposite, type 4. Take off the shirt and look, that's not just a fat guy - it's someone who's been working long and hard doing some very heavy manual labor. The arms are like tree trunks attached to an even bigger tree trunk. He's a man who is strong for real, not just ripped from lifting weights in a gym while popping steroids and drinking protein shakes. He'd crush a type 3 male in a heartbeat, and if there's work to be done he'd pull 12 hours with only three breaks while the bodybuilder would collapse after 30 minutes.

I never tried to make a female, but regarding answers it looks like there is no equivalent of male size 4 female-side oO ?

Well, male type 4 is "comically hilariously fat" and female type 4 is "slightly above anorexic", which in general perception seems to be considered almost as fat. If that was a ironic commentary by some Bioware designer on the double standard of body perception by gender, it would be kind of funny, but I don't think that was intentional.

My default is body 2 for male and female. There are some exceptions, however.

Consular female, body type 1 or 4 work as well.

Warrior male or female, body 3 also works. I feel like female body 1 is channeling some Thana Vesh as well, it surprisingly works with human or pureblood.

Inquisitor - Body type 1 also works with males and females, for that "malnourished slave" vibe. Body type 4 works for certain female characters as well.

Bounty Hunter - Body type 3 also works for male and female.

Smuggler - Body type 1 and 4 also work for male or female.

Trooper - Body type 3 also works for male and female, I also think body type 4 can work.

My default is body type 2 across the board, though. I think currently I have one or two characters out of 10 that differ from this.

Well, male type 4 is "comically hilariously fat" and female type 4 is "slightly above anorexic", which in general perception seems to be considered almost as fat. If that was a ironic commentary by some Bioware designer on the double standard of body perception by gender, it would be kind of funny, but I don't think that was intentional.

It's a lot more than "slightly above anorexic." If the female body type 4 looks slim to you then your aspect ratio is incorrect. The female body type 4 is definitely and notably plump at a correct screen aspect ratio, though it's definitely disappointingly nowhere near as grand as the male body type 4. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't either have a kinda plump male or a very rotund female. We need a body type 5 that corrects this!

Edited by eldefail

It's a lot more than "slightly above anorexic." If the female body type 4 looks slim to you then your aspect ratio is incorrect. The female body type 4 is definitely and notably plump at a correct screen aspect ratio, though it's definitely disappointingly nowhere near as grand as the male body type 4. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't either have a kinda plump male or a very rotund female. We need a body type 5 that corrects this!

I was using hyperbole, I thought that was obvious. And as you note yourself, compared to the ridiculously large male type 4, female type 4 could as well be anorexic. And I'm fully in agreement, they should've just made equivalents to the other genders type 4s, but I'm pretty sure that won't ever happen, women just aren't allowed to be seriously fat unless they're comic relief characters (and black)...

Most of my characters are Body Type 2 just because that seemed the most "normal". As my number of characters grew, though, I branched out a bit.

My female Sith Pureblood Juggernaut is Type 3 and wears a dancer's top ---- not to show off her, um, assets.... but because it shows off her back muscles (and ridges, being Sith) and her shoulders and biceps. When she hunches over into her Seething recovery animation, one red lightsaber twitching dangerously to the side, her size really works for her.

I made a female human Mercenary bounty hunter and went with Size 1 for the first time. She's using Adaptive gear, so she doesn't look all bulky like most bounty hunters. She looks more like a gunslinger, frankly (and that was the intent) and she looks quite good (particularly the face options).

I have not yet used Body Type 4 for females because I guess I always though it was the "fat" version (like the males have) but when one actually LOOKS at it, and when I saw other characters with that body type, I realized it's NOT really "fat" at all, just curvy. Not sure how the faces will appeal to me, though (amazing the differences there seem to be between body types and faces).

I only have a few male characters; an Operative and Assassin are both Type 1 because they are weasels and I have a Type 3 bounty hunter who runs around bare chested (Covert energy chest) just so I can look at those AMAZING back muscles as he runs around! I have zero interest in Type 4 men, even as a joke. Type 2 being the 'standard' I did not really see anything particularly appealing (or disappointing) in that choice.