Arming the ship droid

Dragonduo

I know that the ship droid doesn't have any weapon skills (says so when you first meet him), but he has a weapon slot....what can we put there? Even if he can't use it, weapons would raise his stats. This would be nice for those classes who don't get a healer comp until after the first story arch or later. I know armor helps but weapons would help more. Or replace weapons slots with something else? More armor?

Side note, I have seen people with gun toting ship droids. How did they do that? I've seen it a couple of times but haven't gotten an answer from the players how they managed it.

Let me add incase you may not know.... HK-51 is a droid you can quest for at lvl 50, and you can see him with a lower level toon because that lvl 50 person unlocked him legacy wide to use with their others toons. (he cant heal though)... at a quick glance, can look like the ship droid. Edited by Themanthatisi

Yeah, I really wish the ship droids could use a pistol. It would keep him from stupidly running into melee and punching the mobs doing no damage and usually getting himself killed by AoEs in the process. A healbot is useless if he is laying on the ground in pieces.

And the droid you've seen with a gun was likely a HK, not a ship droid. There is no known way to give a ship droid a weapon at all.

:cool:

I am pretty sure the ship droid can take all the other droid slot upgrades except weapons... main or offhand.

But, you can still make him pretty defensive at least. I would think if you play a tank, you can keep aggo off him and he will just heal without getting killed, but I have not tried this in practice.

Edited by Themanthatisi

Yeah, I really wish the ship droids could use a pistol. It would keep him from stupidly running into melee and punching the mobs.

The ship droids are such dorks that if you did give them a pistol... they would probably just run up to melee range and use it as a hammer anyways. :p

But giving the bolt bucket the benefit of the doubt that he would use a blaster as a blaster.... I'm not sure I want that bucket of bolts armed and in my ship at the same time. He'll probably shoot my eye out everytime I come on board... "hello Master"... <BANG!> ... "oh my! Master, I seem to have made a terrible mess.... I'll clean that up right away Master" :p

I would prefer that we could arm them with can openers and let players duel droid vs droid. :D Winner gets to keep the tuna inside the can. :p

Edited by Andryah

I am pretty sure the ship droid can take all the other droid slot upgrades except weapons... main or offhand.

But, you can still make him pretty defensive at least. I would think if you play a tank, you can keep aggo off him and he will just heal without getting killed, but I have not tried this in practice.

Ship droid can equip generators.

The ship droids are such dorks that if you did give them a pistol... they would probably just run up to melee range and use it as a hammer anyways. :p

But giving the bolt bucket the benefit of the doubt that he would use a blaster as a blaster.... I'm not sure I want that bucket of bolts armed and in my ship at the same time. He'll probably shoot my eye out everytime I come on board... "hello Master"... <BANG!> ... "oh my! Master, I seem to have made a terrible mess.... I'll clean that up right away Master" :p

I would prefer that we could arm them with can openers and let players duel droid vs droid. :D Winner gets to keep the tuna inside the can. :p

It could be worse, good thing they did not give us a Jar Jar Binks.... at least the droid only says dumb things, not actually do them. lol.

Why would you even want to use that droid for anything other then crew missions? Use another companion for missions and healing you.

Some classes do not get a healing companion for a very long time. What do they do until then? Use the ship droid.

Your question is answered and your suggestion is invalid.

Some classes do not get a healing companion for a very long time. What do they do until then? Use the ship droid.

Your question is answered and your suggestion is invalid.

Yep, this is a throwback from the Beta.

Because some classes don't get a healing "companion" until late in the game, some as the last companion they get, they gave everyone the option of using the ships droid as a healing companion if you needed one.

Originally you could give them pistols and they "might" use them or they "might" run up and start punching the target, but now they just heal until you are full and then run up and punch the target.

But to be honest they are pretty fair healers if outfitted well.