Grand Moff Kilran Underused?

Antonfourteen

So I've recently started replaying through the Jedi Knight story and completed the Esseles flashpoint yesterday and couldn't help but feel sad seeing Kilran again in it. It's not the fact that Kilran was there (he is one of my favourite characters in Swtor and was voiced by my favourite Bioware voice actor Simon Templeman aka Loghain from Dragon Age series) it was because I remembered how much of a wasted/underused character he is.

He literally makes two brief appearances on the Empire side in the Black Talon over a hologram giving the Imps the task to capture the General and then makes one last brief appearance congratulating you and he is never seen, mentioned or heard from again. Not even Grand Moff Regus on Ilum mentions him after he takes his place.

On the Republic side he makes a few appearances in the Esseles on hologram, one brief appearance in Taral V again on hologram and then dies in Maelstrom Prison. A grand total of four appearances for the Butcher of Coruscant most of them briefly.

I can't help but feel Bioware was originally going to give him a bigger role in the story. I mean he got his own biography on the Swtor holonet giving me the idea that he was going to be a major villain as a Tarkin-like character. He was also very witty, cunning and had charm that just fit his character so well. Not to mention his skill with a sniper rifle as shown in his boss fight.

I'm kind of hoping Bioware will give him the Malgus treatment saying he survived the encounter barely and say he was frozen in carbonite. But I'm not holding my breath. It just sucks to see such an awesome character wasted all these years later.

I don't feel like Kilran was underused at all, I would've loved for Imp Side to have some manner of reference to his death though but Kilran showed up enough IMO, not too much but not too little, just right. I also don't want them resurrecting Kilran, I have nothing against characters coming back from the dead provided they've previously established a reason they're able to. So like the Emperor and his voices. Kilran had nothing of that. Also FYI Malgus didn't survived the Flashpoint, Charles Boyd SWTOR's creative director already mentioned that was a deleted scene and wasn't meant to be taken seriously, for all we know Darth Malgus remains dead.

I would have liked some more appearances from him. I felt he was a nice thread running through some FPs to tie things together. It felt that the FPs he was in were all linked together and that there was an overarching story to them. I'd like to see something like that done in the future, maybe even an expansion made of FPs similar to what was done with KOTFE and KOTET, but where each chapter is a FP. Then you have single player content for those that want to just to the story FP and the multiplayer content for those that want to do the veteran and master difficulties.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like that idea.