Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

unlocking your ship for your stronghold

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
unlocking your ship for your stronghold

JonnyRay
01.14.2015 , 01:50 PM | #31
I just finally unlocked the portion of my Nar Shaddaa stronghold that has the ship hook on it last week. So I went to see what it would take to get a ship to put on it. Then realized that off the GTN it would cost more than unlocking the room did. And since I don't really do much raiding, etc. collecting the materials myself isn't really an option.

So it looks like I'll have an empty landing pad for the foreseeable future.

Really don't understand why there isn't a way to unlock your character's ship model for your SH in-game.

XiamaraSimi
01.14.2015 , 02:21 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by JonnyRay View Post
So it looks like I'll have an empty landing pad for the foreseeable future.
Just a fyi, you can go into the other tab in the deco list "layouts" i think, and change the ship hook into a bunch of smaller hooks, do that, buy a bunch of the smaller fighter ship decos, and set yourself up a nifty floating hangar....

HeatRacer
01.14.2015 , 08:00 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by JonnyRay View Post
I just finally unlocked the portion of my Nar Shaddaa stronghold that has the ship hook on it last week. So I went to see what it would take to get a ship to put on it.
The ship hook is viewable (and editable) from the taxi landing pad where you first zone into Nar Shaddaa. You didn't actually need to pay for anything beyond the base NS stronghold to have used the ship hook/landing pad.

AshlaBoga
01.14.2015 , 10:47 PM | #34
The NS Ship Pad can be converted into FIVE Centerpiece hooks.

FIVE

Do what I did, have 8 Centerpiece Decoration in your NS SH and enjoy the awesome:
x1 Gigantic Crystal (Cyan)
x1 Holocron of Ancient Masters
x2 Fusion Generator (Huge)
x1 Massive Anti-Air Turret
x1 Lance Squadron Command Unit
x2 Grand Statue of Revan

It's better this way
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

JonnyRay
01.15.2015 , 10:37 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by XiamaraSimi View Post
Just a fyi, you can go into the other tab in the deco list "layouts" i think, and change the ship hook into a bunch of smaller hooks, do that, buy a bunch of the smaller fighter ship decos, and set yourself up a nifty floating hangar....
That's a good tip. I didn't think about that one.

JeramieCrowe
01.24.2015 , 04:27 PM | #36
Throwing my name in the hat here to ask, please, can we just have our own ship that WE ALREADY OWN to put on the landing pad on Tatooine??? (And other strongholds) Doing the math, I'll have to spend better than 500k credits just to be able to put the ship I ALREADY OWN on my landing pad.

This is ridiculous. If I wanted some other ship, then I'll be happy to craft all that and spend all that to do so. But I should be able to have my own ship there. Silly in the extreme, BioWare...
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Lirtoo
02.06.2015 , 07:54 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Doreian View Post
First you cant have a ship on Dromund Kaas or Coruscant.
WHY??? So often I find this game more annoying than entertaining!

XiamaraSimi
02.07.2015 , 02:39 PM | #38
I still imagine someone trying to land their VERY LARGE starship on that VERY SMALL platform to go something along the lines of a Wile E. Coyote shenanigan.

Just looking at the obvious lack of structural suport under the platform when viewing the DK/Coro cinematic, i imagine:

A) Your giant ship smashes the large windows trying to touch down

B) The sheer amount of weight stacked on that unsupported ledge causing it to snap off like a kiddie pool diving board under a 400 lb ogre. (Or the scene of the Flintstones end credits where the waitress puts the giant rack of dino ribs on the window ledge and the car tips over)

The imagery of your char popping its head out the top escape hatch holding up an umbrella and a "Help!" Sign as it plummets down is funny though...

ejbsuperbat
02.11.2015 , 09:53 AM | #39
Hopefully the new stronghold coming out sometime this year is going to have a ship landing pad, but image if you could actually fly your ship into your hangar and just get on and off as you wish

Oteefo
03.17.2015 , 08:45 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Sam_Fargo View Post
So, to get these very expensive additional rooms for places that won't get used very often, you have to spend a Very large amount of Credits......
Is there supposed to be a room in it?

Mine just seems to sit there......
SW:TOR: The K'vos Legacy (Canderous Ordo)
SW:G : Oteefo / Axox / Voosrik / Oov Irfiis (Tempest - Valcyn - Radiant - Flurry)
Xbox: Paddayappa