Galactic starfighter weekly now needs 10, why?

Yojadi

They keep nerfing starfighter rewards in various ways. Well, all the rewards I care about anyway.

Sadly, almost nobody else here thinks it a bad thing. . On the contrary: precious few GSF folks who do post in general discussion section of these forums have taken time to explain how they actually PREFER the current situation where GSF is pure garbage tier in conquest.; apparently it keeps conquest farmers and other less than fully devoted people from staining the queue pool and ruining the matches with their foul precense.

When there's like 5 pilots occasionally posting in relevant conq threads and 4 of them are there to explain how less rewards is actually way better..well, it sends a message to the devs. These people got/are getting precisely what they want. Bioware just gave WZs/PvP some well deserved significant buffs in terms of conq objectives. Now, GSF remains alone in the garbage tier in this regard.

I was so surprised and disappointed to discover what a special, unique snowfalke I am: I had no idea almost NO other pilot really cares/enjoys combining conq and GSF. THE ONLY other pilot on these forums who actually thought current situation sucks and spend time being vocal about it pretty much quit TOR on the spot back when the conq patch came. I recon he was the smart one. Its been so useless and frustrating to fight these particular windmills when even the few other ppl who do like GSF argue against my requests for elevating GSF back to the same ballpark with stuff that gives half decent conq.

I thought it felt cool, rewarding and..immersive to do GSF and know I contribute to my guild's conquest in a really significant way while at it. All that is gone now. From pov of efficient or even half srs conq farming, GSF is pure waste of time now. It doesn't keep me from flying but I keep feeling I lost something that made it real fun and rewarding for me.If I want to help my guild as much as possible with the time I have to play, GSF most def is not the place to be anymore.It isn't even in the city where the ballpark of such places resides.

The small GSF community has almost no precense on these forums anymore. Ones who do post here generally speaking want to see GSF giving less rewards, not more rewards. This in order to ensure no filthy conq farming peasant or any other impure person sits in an imperial starfighter. So yeah, you embrace that GSF weekly mission of yours real tight OP! Hold it near while it's still here. Maybe they just remove it entirely come next patch. Doing so would make GSF matches much better you see. And hey, if stripping GSF bare of all rewards means we lose few hours worth of pops from both ends of the life line, then so b e it. And if it results in GSF appearing unrewarding in most literal sense possible, then so be it! At least you don't have to suffer plagues such as new pilots or them nasty conq farmers.

Edited by Stradlin

Apparently the new rewards for playing includes more fleet requisition. I'd say it's an improvement. You play more GSF, you get more GSF rewards. It should be ship requisition though. (However you currently do not get crates for playing GSF)

When we had good conquest rewards for GSF we also had a lot of self destructors. Even when we had larger rewards for winning, once better players come on the conquest farmers just tune out & self destruct while on the weaker team & loaf around for a free win with the better team. As it currently is, if you play GSF you can still earn enough conquest points to meet your personal goal.

This game made a conscious decision to shift conquest farming to personal questing.You can still play the game however you want & meet the conquest target easy enough. However if you want to farm conquest points, planetary quest is the way to go. It doesn't affect other people & I'm okay with that.

With regard to increasing the weekly game requirement I think it's a good move. It is pushing people to play more games to meet the milestone. It is encouraging players to play around 1-3 more games per week to complete the weekly quest. Hopefully we'll see more pops because of this.

Edited by cheese_cake

^ - - I've flown maybe 1000 matches between early 2019 and now. I've encountered chain self destructors in 10-20 games or so.

There absolutely was some degree of conq. freeloaders present back when GSF actually gave good conquest. Back then, you had to actually do stuff to earn conq. So many saw pvp or GSF as path of least resistance. We've gone from that to a situation where clicking amps and facerolling heroics brings one to target in 15 mins. If they made GSF suck a bit less in terms of conq, I can't see it having much appeal to folks in pursuit of the easiest/fastest path.

I'm not sure if typical person liking GSF enough to wanna farm conquest in there differs from a typical pilot in any relevant way - Its just that one only ever noticed the nightmare scenarios when it comes to conq farmers..

Edited by Stradlin

Mmm yeah perhaps now might be better with other much more lucrative means to farm conquest points.

However as you say -you can just do one quick brain dead flashpoint to get most of your conquest done, then do however many matches of GSF as you desire.

I would like to see more ship requisition and fleet commendations awarded for playing GSF games. Perhaps also a chance for legendary ember too like ranked matches

Really not sure what there is to complain about. As it stands GSF rewards 720 tech fragments for 10 games vs 450 from 20 games for Ground PVP. A big increase on the 90 fragments we used to get for 7 games. GSF rewards more XP/RXP than any other content, it always has, and we'll get WZ boxes back once they fix that bug, probably Tuesday.

Mmm yeah perhaps now might be better with other much more lucrative means to farm conquest points.

However as you say -you can just do one quick brain dead flashpoint to get most of your conquest done, then do however many matches of GSF as you desire.

I would like to see more ship requisition and fleet commendations awarded for playing GSF games. Perhaps also a chance for legendary ember too like ranked matches

They just bumped up the Fleet commmednations from 90-300. Being able to spend requisition on something else would be cool. As its useless once your ships are mastered, which if you use legacy is instant now anyway.

Its obvious isnt it? The GSF weekly was just too fast and abused the most. Back when we had components GSF was the best way to farm them and to buy gear. The other best way was ranked PVP and GSF was even better than that.

Now we have the same situation with fragments, you get 700 fragments for just 0/7 weekly GSF, thats quite efficient. I have been farming them for months now to buy all the gear set pieces for the achievements. In order to be most efficient people did the GSF weekly on many toons during the week so naturally the Devs noticed this behaviour and realized that GSF is a very fast source of fragments so they had to increase the weekly points to make it take longer. Luckily I am done with my farming :)

Such farms also caused a lot of bad behavior among the players as when you had for example a deathmatch and it was obvious that your team will be beaten 50-0 then players resorted to accelerate this loss by suiciding. So yeah, its same as with PVP they simply increased the weekly points to make it less attractive to farmers.

Its obvious isnt it?

Now we have the same situation with fragments, you get 700 fragments for just 0/7 weekly GSF, thats quite efficient.

Imma get all armchair shrinky and guess GSF feels so generous to you cause you do it so much and like it so well.

Single MM FP run is something around 500 fragments. Gonna take you 15-25 mins if you end up in any of the several/popular fast ones. Cheese things up and farm HS and you'll prolly get more than that.

If you are in a high yield conq guild, 15 mins of playtime gets you 600 fragments from conq mission completes alone. Wanna get all hardcore, do like 8 chars a week for 8 x 600 fragments. Or 25 characters for 25 x 600. Ofc, you also get tons of decent set items like this too.

Compare these to about an hour(excluding time spend in queue) it took you to do the old GSF weekly. - > Old GSF weekly wasn't bad fragments. Nor was it anything super special in this regard either.

Iirc GSF was idd a venue to some real good gearing around KOTFE or KOTET but..so what? Been years.

When it comes to multitude of reward systems in TOR, conquest is the onlly one that feels unique or interesting to me. It has some cool overreach across all playstyles. Comes with interesting communial undertones. You use it as a fuel to build em guilds. I think its cool. GSF is now pure garbage as a source for conq. It starting to feel entirely likely they adjust personal and guilds' conq targets(ie, nerf things) again and just leave GSF as it is. So it'll prolly be even worse and even more irrelevant as a path to conq in future. Which is what most people here seem to have wanted.Yay \O/

Edited by Stradlin

By making GSF less popular (due to lesser rewards) Bioware can claim they can't devote resources to a game system that's not popular and that they're listening to vocal GSF veterans who want it to remain tight-cliqued and unwelcoming to new players. Win-win for the devs.

By making GSF less popular (due to lesser rewards) Bioware can claim they can't devote resources to a game system that's not popular and that they're listening to vocal GSF veterans who want it to remain tight-cliqued and unwelcoming to new players. Win-win for the devs.

I guess so.

Currently, there is a bug that completely stopped any gear crates dropping via GSF at all. It'd be easy to assume removal of these crates, too, is by design. It'd be in line with completely neutering GSF as a valid source of conquest. Just that patch notes claim there should be some new crate to be had via GSF too. However, isn't notion of GSF giving gear something to be fought against as well then? just like the notion of making GSF less miserable conq was something to resist. I mean, when we speak of gear crates..we speak of a reward. And apparently we don't want any of that happening. Gods forbid GSF would ever offer anything that'd lure new players in. We dun want no nasty gear hunters queuing up! They'd ruin them matches for sure!!

Maybe entering queue should cost like 100 cartel coins actually. To ensure only those who REALLY wanna fly ever enter the q.

Edited by Stradlin

It's GSF conquest week. We're literally getting tonnes of conquest points this week.

Not getting gear drops is a bummer for the mat you could get from them.

No one is against new players. People are against toxic players. It has been a long time since GSF conquest week. Winning a game gives 7000+ points whereas losing gives peanuts. Hopefully this will drive new players riding the conquest wave to try rather than simply optimise for conquest.

It's GSF conquest week. We're literally getting tonnes of conquest points this week.

Not getting gear drops is a bummer for the mat you could get from them.

No one is against new players. People are against toxic players. It has been a long time since GSF conquest week. Winning a game gives 7000+ points whereas losing gives peanuts. Hopefully this will drive new players riding the conquest wave to try rather than simply optimise for conquest.

It is GSF conquest week three times a year or so. Maybe less now that we have a new event in rotation. So we better enjoy it for six months worth or something! Meanwhile, 52 weeks out of 52 are great amp clicking, heroic mission running or (to far lesser extend) ground pvp stomping weeks.

Even clash in hyperspace is comparatively modest conq btw. At least once you are done dinging the [ship type]Eternal objectives.

I recon most people aren't hardcore enough to turn optimization for conquest into an art. I mean.. I was a huge fan of the (old) conq system and I never bothered. "Bad conquest-good enough conquest" were only scales I used, letting what I actually enjoy doing dictate the rest. I would guess most ppl who like or liked chasing conq are the same. Having GSF (and all other playstyles for that matter) approx in same ballpark would be enough.

If GSF provided only 75% of the conq planetary heroics do..or 125%, either way would not be such a big deal for me.. Sharing the ballpark would be enough. As it stands, you need 80 mins or so in GSF to do what you manage in 10 mins via combining amp clicking tier of menial bits and one heroic mission. (bi-yearly gsf week maybe being an exception) Ballpark isn't the same.Ballpark isn't even in the same gimp town GSF now resides.

Edited by Stradlin

BW needs to completely rework the whole GSF thingy if they want to get players like me back to playing it. It just is not a fun experience if you do it casually. I always try my best, but you have zero chance against well equipped ships and regular GSFers.

At this point, even a weekly which requires only two matches would be one match too much for me. I'd rather not get those tech fragments than having to suffer through this horrible GSF experience for casuals. (And no, I won't queue and just fly into an asteroid. That's even less fun. If I queue, I try my best. Which is just not enough to achieve fun from GSF.)

If I queue, I try my best.

That's the spirit!

GSF is tough on new players. It's a different kind of mindset you have to get yourself into. The average GSF player sucks. Competent players (those that know what they're doing) are a huge step above. Players who are actually good are leagues above that. You have to love the grind of getting from terrible to amazing. It will involve a lot of persistence, determination, and innate love for flying around in a ship shooting things.

Once you get good & you look back on your journey to improvement, you will absolutely appreciate it. The Devs have done a lot to make all the ships accessible short of just giving you all the ships & components outright. The only thing left for you to do is to put in the time.

I was once trash too. It took me weeks before I landed my first shot & months before I got my first kill. Now when I don't get 20+ kills playing solo I dishonour my name.

It's fine if you decide the grind is not for you. However the grind is not a flaw. It's a feature.

Edited by cheese_cake

BW needs to completely rework the whole GSF thingy if they want to get players like me back to playing it. It just is not a fun experience if you do it casually. I always try my best, but you have zero chance against well equipped ships and regular GSFers.

At this point, even a weekly which requires only two matches would be one match too much for me. I'd rather not get those tech fragments than having to suffer through this horrible GSF experience for casuals. (And no, I won't queue and just fly into an asteroid. That's even less fun. If I queue, I try my best. Which is just not enough to achieve fun from GSF.)

What Cheesecake said.. If you ever find a way to have fun in GSF, all the rest takes care of itself in time.

Also, check this!

Entire channel is devoted to teaching the basicss of GSF. Starts with bare essentials but ends up going quite deep in finer mechanics of the game.

Game gives ship and fleet req at pretty good rate now..and components are quite cheat compared to what was way back when. You'll be flying a decent ship in no time.

Edited by Stradlin

That's the spirit!

GSF is tough on new players. It's a different kind of mindset you have to get yourself into. The average GSF player sucks. Competent players (those that know what they're doing) are a huge step above. Players who are actually good are leagues above that. You have to love the grind of getting from terrible to amazing. It will involve a lot of persistence, determination, and innate love for flying around in a ship shooting things.

Once you get good & you look back on your journey to improvement, you will absolutely appreciate it. The Devs have done a lot to make all the ships accessible short of just giving you all the ships & components outright. The only thing left for you to do is to put in the time.

I was once trash too. It took me weeks before I landed my first shot & months before I got my first kill. Now when I don't get 20+ kills playing solo I dishonour my name.

It's fine if you decide the grind is not for you. However the grind is not a flaw. It's a feature.

It took my only a week or so to get good. But then over the years, I still found ways to get myself gooder, despite having thought I already reached the limit of goodness. I recon the first real wake up call was after the server merges, when Ebon Hawk become Star Forge, and I encountered SRW for the first time (I think.) No longer was my guild (Shadow of the Republic) at the top of the food chain. At first, I asked myself "What is this hackery?" And I kept asking myself that until I found out it wasn't hackery at all, but just me not being good enough. Of course, even to this day, when I get deleted by a railgun or a protorp, I will flip an effin' table. Those things don't discriminate.

What Cheesecake said.. If you ever find a way to have fun in GSF, all the rest takes care of itself in time.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the Flashfire, I would have never been here.

Even though I no longer play the game much or subscribe to it or run a YouTube channel anymore, I will still queue for GSF every now and then. There's nothing else quite like it. Even Squadrons is looking to fall short in a few areas, and that's a stand-alone Star Wars starfighter game with a price tag.

Edited by ForfiniteStories