Bring Back The Real Khem Val Official Thread

PlagaNerezza

"I am not a monster. I am Khem Val, servant of Tulak Hord, devourer of the rebels at Yn and Chabosh, consumer of the Dromund system. And I am hungry."

Watch his story here. It contains spoilers if you haven't run an inquisitor.

"https://www.youtube.com/embed/VZWAX4zx8Fg"

After much speculation and rumors we do not yet have a clear understanding of what has occurred to the best companion in the game Khem Val.

Losing a day 1 companion as amazing as Khem Val is terrible. I had hopes this would be his return with this story. Come on. I'd trade every companion for him. In the entire game, not 1 companion do I like or care for except Khem Val. You can take them all.

Some people love other companions. I get it. None are as unique and beautiful as Khem Val. The story, the relationship. The pure beauty of his lines and attitude. He's a perfect companion. Loyal and brutal. You couldn't ask for a better side kick for a dark sider.

Changed !

Edited by PlagaNerezza

Maybe the Zash dilemma is stonewalling them?

Anyway I was thinking of an idea to offset the Khem Val Jaesa Wilsaam dilemma and I wonder what you guys think....

When the time comes to bring either Jaesa or Khem Val back, your non SW/SI character is asked in the beginning if they have heard of said character and your response could be something like (Oh the Jedi apprentice who was corrupted by the Wrath) for DS Jaesa, (the Dashade who was with a prominent Dark council member) for regular Khem Val, (oh the Jedi apprentice who went undercover in the Empire) for LS Jaesa, or (oh didn't some Sith lord inhabit that monster) for Zash Val.

Thought this could be one way for various chaarcters to choose which version of Jaesa or Khem they want.

Maybe the Zash dilemma is stonewalling them?

Anyway I was thinking of an idea to offset the Khem Val Jaesa Wilsaam dilemma and I wonder what you guys think....

When the time comes to bring either Jaesa or Khem Val back, your non SW/SI character is asked in the beginning if they have heard of said character and your response could be something like (Oh the Jedi apprentice who was corrupted by the Wrath) for DS Jaesa, (the Dashade who was with a prominent Dark council member) for regular Khem Val, (oh the Jedi apprentice who went undercover in the Empire) for LS Jaesa, or (oh didn't some Sith lord inhabit that monster) for Zash Val.

Thought this could be one way for various chaarcters to choose which version of Jaesa or Khem they want.

Or when you recruit Jaesa or Khem Val, you get Jaesa or Khem Val. Leave the particulars to original class. I don't get the controversy around this, Zash Val is irrelevant to every other class except the Inquisitor. LS Jaesa the same.

When Jorgan came back last month, his marital status was irrelevant to every other single class except a female trooper. No other class was in a romance with him.

The choices we make on each character don't matter to the other characters.

People look way too deep into reasons these two are not back yet, a lot of companions aren't back yet.

When Jorgan came back last month, his marital status was irrelevant to every other single class except a female trooper. No other class was in a romance with him.

Jorgan's marriage does not change his personality. Being an adept of one of the sides or being a spirit in another body really does.

They didn't allow Pubs to recruit Pierce or Imps to recruit Forex, and both of them make more sense doing that than DS Jaesa being recruited by a Pub, or by a non-Force-using Imp.

Funny you bring that up and here is another idea I wanted to shoot out.

Maybe if your character reaches max PVP level (which I noticed was one way to auto recruit those characters right away) they will have this alert where you find out your side had beaten the other side enough that either Forex or Pierce end up being taken as a POW. Theron would then send Imp characters to plead for Forex and Lana sends Pub characters to plead for Pierce thinking they could still be useful to the Alliance.

Your character has dialogue with these characters who would be initially reticent and probably awaiting execution. Ultimately you could decide to be diplomatic enough to convince them to help you (LS points), coerce them (DS points)(maybe either threate to execute Pierce's special battalion or reprogram Forex) or simply let them rot in their cell or have their execution carried out there (for refusal, kill chevo).

Jorgan's marriage does not change his personality. Being an adept of one of the sides or being a spirit in another body really does.

Yes it matters, to the original class, not to anyone else. My other classes don't know my Inquisitor. When Khem Val comes back, to my Inquisitor the choice i made matters, to everyone else, it doesn't. Same with Jaesa, the game is already built upon the Empire characters being dark side, that's the story. So Jaesa is dark side. A player who chose to go light side on their warrior would then obviously get light side Jaesa back but to every other character, she's dark.

I also want Khem Val back, but I must disagree with Jaesa topic.

Unless sith warrior corrupts Jaesa, she is a jedi padawan. The most logical - and practical in one story fits all classes matter - would be keeping Jaesa as jedi.

She was open minded and studied sith warrior, who she has found interesting. Now she is willing to help our characters in dealing with Arcann

- she already dealt with sith warrior, so it would be easier to explain why she would help imperial outlander

- she is originally a jedi, so why wouldnt she help republic character, right? :D

About Khem Val. For all classes it should be Khem Val. Only inquisitor would get different dialogue option, if she/he has chosen Zash before.

I also want Khem Val back, but I must disagree with Jaesa topic.

Unless sith warrior corrupts Jaesa, she is a jedi padawan. The most logical - and practical in one story fits all classes matter - would be keeping Jaesa as jedi.

She was open minded and studied sith warrior, who she has found interesting. Now she is willing to help our characters in dealing with Arcann

- she already dealt with sith warrior, so it would be easier to explain why she would help imperial outlander

- she is originally a jedi, so why wouldnt she help republic character, right? :D

About Khem Val. For all classes it should be Khem Val. Only inquisitor would get different dialogue option, if she/he has chosen Zash before.

I wouldn't say the Warrior corrupts Jaesa at all. It's pretty much, join me in darkness, kill your master, 30 seconds later Jaesa is a complete psychopath, who on the trip back to the ship on Hutta at already slept with and murdered somebody.

You know WHAT can happen to a popular companion in SWTOR. As much as I would like to see Khem again (especially if we can feed Skage to him), I would hate to see him being turned into another series mascot like HK.

Look at poor droid. He was blasted apart, scattered across the Galaxy and reassembled for each Old Republic game (except KOTOR 1). Worse, he become an inspiration for a series of sub rewards! It's a terrible thing to happen to an old assassin droid.

Now imagine... “Khem Val Armor”. “Khem Val Customisation for Az... what its name?”. “Khem Val skin for a space ship”. Popularity comes with a big price tag ;)