Social Points are too difficult to get

Ran all flashpoints to 50 and did heroic quests but social is still less than half Social Rank 1...

Some items require Social 3 or 5??

Social ranks are really too hard to achieve...

Have to continually run flashpoints??

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran all flashpoints to 50 and did heroic quests but social is still less than half Social Rank 1...

Some items require Social 3 or 5??

Social ranks are really too hard to achieve...

Have to continually run flashpoints??

Group for regular quest content with a friend. It's easy.

Social points are a half-baked idea to begin with. They're awarded solely from conversation rolls, and there are only so many unless you spam run esseles.

Group for regular quest content with a friend. It's easy.

I ran half of Belsavis, most of Voss, and several miscellaneous quests with a partner. I ran every Flashpoint at least twice up to 50, and I've done about 5 esseles hard mode runs.

I'm not even rank 2. These points need to be gained in other fashions than convo rolls.

Edited by Zakaan

BT/Esseles is the only FP before the 50ish ones that give even a slightly noticeable amount of social points. The rest are corridor infested loot pinatas with about 3 dialogue sequences and a generic "kill the innocent worker/engineer/scientist" morality choice thrown in somewhere.

I call BS

Nope. Esseles nets around 100 social points per run in a 2-man runthrough.

Edited by Zakaan

It is a possibility that your social points are bugged. Its a known issue with some players, including myself. I'm level 50, still social rank 1 and have been stuck at 480 points for a very long time. However, somehow I gained 7 points the other day in an fp. I run about 2 hard modes a day, my social points never move. You may want to see if youre in the same boat.

It is a possibility that your social points are bugged. Its a known issue with some players, including myself. I'm level 50, still social rank 1 and have been stuck at 480 points for a very long time. However, somehow I gained 7 points the other day in an fp. I run about 2 hard modes a day, my social points never move. You may want to see if youre in the same boat.

I was told that hard modes don't give social points when I brought it up to a guildie. Haven't actually checked up on that.

I was told that hard modes don't give social points when I brought it up to a guildie. Haven't actually checked up on that.

If that's so, then why does it show you achieving 4-8 social points every time you choose a response?

Currently hard modes give NO alignment or social points. They pop up on the screen like normal, but you never get them. Annoying as hell since at this point my alt will have more social points than my main when I'm running at least 3 hard mode dungeons a day.

I've been leveling with my girlfriend (and sometimes my best friend with us) entirely from level 10 to level 45 (where I am now) and I'm social 4, nearing social 5. I've bought one thing with the social points, and that was at social 2. Although, I kind of want that speeder from Social 6...

I did ALL the game with my wife in group, from 1 to 50.

We finished a bit above Rank 5 and are now Rank 6 after a couple weeks of daily quest.

The max is apparently rank 10, yep it is going to take a while for sure.

That being said I only know of one thing requiring rank 10, think you can wear all social gear with rank 5 or 6.

I agree i did every FP 2-5 times leveling up and am still 100 under Social 1. I have gone out of my way to group up and do quests that are not beneficial to me just to MAYBE get a chance at 2 or 4 social points.

Also, HM dont get you any social pts... ***?

Obviously your the kind of people that raced through the game and did not group with others, because you wanted to be 50 as fast and before all the others as possbile. You are 100% at halfway Social Rank two by level 30 if you grouped throughout all quests and DID not do FP´s. Maybe should have grouped more, because then you didnt need to whine now. Everyone who has grouped and enjoyed then game is now laughing at you.

Oh I have done it with two toons now.. level 28 and almost at Social Rank two.

To even get above rank 2 means u basically have to group up and do every quest in a freaking group... all the time!

Even grouping up for heroic quests on the planets dont help because they dont give social points most times...

It's retarded.

To even get above rank 2 means u basically have to group up and do every quest in a freaking group... all the time!

Even grouping up for heroic quests on the planets dont help because they dont give social points most times...

It's retarded.

Something that takes a while to earn is not a bad thing. You privileged folks need to learn that not everything should be given to you right after release. Also, there isn't much beyond the mounts that requires more than Social 5, so its not the end of the world to not have it all right away. You still feel the need to get it quick? Run BT with 4 people and you'll get ~160 social and 200 LS/DS.

I'm social 6 and climbing, cause I work towards it. They are called SOCIAL points for a very obvious reason and with it giving no real power or end game bonus, I don't see any reason to cry about not getting them right away.

I did black Talon on my Marauder ONCE and ended up with about 100 social points. That's 1/7 of a level after doing a SINGLE grouped flashpoint.

Bad example, because you need increasing amounts of social points to progress through higher levels. That's like saying "Well I went from 11 to 12 doing BT once, so logically if I run it 38 more times, I'll be at the level cap."

Yeah, it's easy to earn large amounts of them doing BT, but unless you're running literally every mission from 1-50 in a group, you're not going to see many social points stacking up. Spam-running the first flashpoint isn't really a viable alternative.

I'm not sure why every flashpoint after BT has pretty much only a briefing and a debriefing for conversations, but it makes one of the best portions of the game's social content actually very bad for social points.