paid Character transfer

Panthorin

Honestly, I've been waiting for Paid Character Transfer Services, ever since I leveled up 2 50s and a 36 on one server, and 2 50s, along with many 30+'s on another server, It would be awesome just to have them all together.

Being that I'm a Paid Subscriber, I would reccomend or suggest that we would be allow to have free character transfers at least once a week. Sorta like how Trion does with Rift. And if that's not possible, then at least give us a one time free transfer per character; then each additional transfer request could be charged. But I would keep the price down to at least $10.00 each transfer. We're already spending money on Cartel Market. So you have our money. We just want the transfers.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have been waiting for implementation of this feature. Originally i played on numerous servers for a while until finding republic or imperial communities I enjoyed. However even with the numerous mergers, my high level toons are still separated. There can be no technical reason for not implementing it, since they've done mega transfers twice already.

But I don't agree with a direct service fee. I think it should be handled through the cartel shop as any other transaction would be. It would be fair to both subscribers and non-subscribers, since the former accumulate coins monthly and so can "freely" transfer toons at whatever rate their subscription allows, and the latter can buy and spend coin at their discretion.

Finally, as a precursor, you really need to implement a game-wide GTN. Do this and you remove the incentive to transfer solely for economic benefit and/or relief.

Finally, as a precursor, you really need to implement a game-wide GTN. Do this and you remove the incentive to transfer solely for economic benefit and/or relief.

I don't understand Game-Wide GTN? Do you mean that it could cover cross servers?? And Could you explain a little on how you feel that this would remove the incentive? This part may be subject for discussion in the Suggestion Tab under a different topic. Not for Paid Character Transfer. However if you do make a new Topic please provide a link for the subject and I will gladly follow that discussion.

I don't understand Game-Wide GTN? Do you mean that it could cover cross servers?? And Could you explain a little on how you feel that this would remove the incentive? This part may be subject for discussion in the Suggestion Tab under a different topic. Not for Paid Character Transfer. However if you do make a new Topic please provide a link for the subject and I will gladly follow that discussion.

Sure. Population greatly influence the resources available. On a high populated server you'll have crafted items and luxury items (like cartel pack items) priced cheaper than on lower pop servers due to competition. You could, in theory, accumulate resources on the high pop server, transfer to a lower pop server, sell your items for considerably more, then transfer back. I think this would fit the definition of "pay to win".

Yep..but lets not do like the other MMO and charge 25 bucks a pop..that is really to expensive:wea_01:

Rift give you a free transfer each week.

And "transfers" is another thing among a thousand things that's "no ETA". Since day 1.

They lost hundred of thousand of players during the age of desert servers, when you logged and had only 4 people at station. For how long will they keep same mistakes rule this game? I got a char stuck on a desert server for two months, so i got tired of promisses and quit it.

I think the biggest arguement against free or even paid server transfers is simply balance and health of the servers.. Be it number of players or a balanced number of players in each faction..

Blizzard was horrible when it came to having balanced servers.. Some were off by over a 20 to 1 margin for Horde or Alliance.. This is one of the reasons they went Xservers when it came to battlegrounds and anything using the group finder.. Because the servers were so messed up when it came to faction balance and population.. Yes, wow had some low pop servers..

So no.. I don't think they should offer server transfers of any kind, except in a controlled fashion for the benefit of the servers..

If we are allowed to just change servers whenever we want, free or otherwise.. We will most certianly ruin the servers and their balance.. Then people will change servers because they hear one is better.. Then they will change again because their new server wasn't what they thought it would be.. This all does nothing for the server community..

I doubt Bioware will ever allow free or paid transfers until a couple things happen..

First, they develope xserver functionality.. So that server balance won't matter so much for PVP and low server population won't effect LFG..

If xserver stuff isn't developed, then server transfers will most likely be controlled by Bioware.. From a specific server and to a specific server.. They already did that last summer..

This is just my opinion.. :)

Sure. Population greatly influence the resources available. On a high populated server you'll have crafted items and luxury items (like cartel pack items) priced cheaper than on lower pop servers due to competition. You could, in theory, accumulate resources on the high pop server, transfer to a lower pop server, sell your items for considerably more, then transfer back. I think this would fit the definition of "pay to win".

I personally feel that you're taking the "pay to win" out of context, Sure, what you're referring to is definitely something to consider when players take advantage of the GTN and make profit off their earnings. However that is not by definition Pay to Win.

Pay to Win, would be strickly something that the Devs have from a Cash Shop; that you would have to buy in order to get ahead. Gear, Weapons, and anything to progress your advancement in the game. Pay to win is basically ability to pay real cash to get access to exclusive items or abilities, unobtainable by any other reasonable means, that give clear-cut statistical advantage.

Credits from a GTN Exploit, Does only so much for a person to "get ahead", and yes that could be exploited, "IF" they implemented a Continuous Transfer Method based off the suggestions. However with proper and careful planning I'm sure that would not happen. Free to Play players have a credit limit, as well as Premium players. Subscribers do not. However with that being said, The only advantages here are someone having more credits due to their intuition and business sense in order to make a profit on a game. And the lack and know-how of someone else who does not. So I'm sorry I would have to agree and disagree with you on this one.

Aside from that; Transfers should be considered regardless. For the benefit of the game, the players, and the community. SWTOR is stronger now than it was before, just for the simple fact that people, and players alike are moving more into the "Free to Play ERA". The main reason is because of the economy in the Real World. However, in saying this; EA and Bioware have to realize that in order to make their community happier, they will have to listen to their community forums. Otherwise they will eventually fall just like other mmo's and companies in the past.

Yes, I will agree with you though, some players may and will take advantage of that; But If a player is willing to pay to transfer a character, And that transfer is reasonably priced, then I'm sure it would be something that EA and Bioware will consider. As far as putting it onto the Cartel Market. I will have to disagree with this. This is the portion that can and will be taking advantaged of. If this was implemented then it will most likely end up on the GTN and be sold for insane amounts of credits. Which can lead to issues with exploits, and players not playing by the rules. "Ninja's."

Bottom line is this, The Paid Character Transfer Service should only be done through the Main Website, and only through In-Game Customer Service in which a Ticket was put in, in case of a problem. The Main Website should be set up in the players' account section and have a listed of Characters that are available for Transfer service. Transfer's should be based off of each Character and should have a limit as to how many times they can be transferred in a Week's or Month's time frame. Character Transfers should cost no more than $25.00 USD and no less than $10.00. For Subscribers, The Paid Character Transfer Service should be discounted, for their continuous contribution of being a loyal player in the community. For Premium and Free to Play players, then they should be considered the full price or a % off of the Full price.

For Example.

$25.00 for Free to Play

$15.00 for Premium

$10.00 for Subscribers

This would be in line with their current system that is in place for Subscribers and Free to Play players.

I for one would be happy with this set up not just for the simple fact that I suggested it, but it would seem only fair as an experienced MMO player of 10+ years now. I've seen prices for transfers similar to this. But I will have to agree that Trion Worlds did it right with Rift in their Character Transfer system. So EA and Bioware can take notes.

I doubt Bioware will ever allow free or paid transfers until a couple things happen..

First, they develope xserver functionality.. So that server balance won't matter so much for PVP and low server population won't effect LFG..

If xserver stuff isn't developed, then server transfers will most likely be controlled by Bioware.. From a specific server and to a specific server.. They already did that last summer..

This is just my opinion.. :)

I would have to agree with this as well. Along with what I suggested above. The more I think on this subject the more reason it makes sense to me. Yes, Server Balance is Key element to both PVP, and Group Finder Elements. Cross-Server Functionality is a must in order for this to work properly. But I would suggest that this be listed as a priority as the community is growing weary and tired of not having their way. So before too long, you may see a drop in players if they're not allowed to get what they want. Which is pretty sad. I on the otherhand will be waiting patiently.

Just chiming in with my two cents...I'm getting back into playing this game after setting it aside for ~6-9 months. My biggest complaint is that a mistake I made a year ago (rolling a character on a different server to see what it was like, then oops that became my main) still isn't solvable. I'm a paying subscriber, there should be a way for me to consolidate my characters on the same server, if for no other reason than to be able to really enjoy the Legacy feature. Or make Legacy work account-wide and not server wide. I'm betting the former suggestion is easier than the latter, but no matter what this isn't something that should just linger on unresolved. Paying customrs should be able to move their characters around to different servers - put limits or costs on it if you want, but make it happen!!

I contacted customer support asking for a character transfer. Of course it was rejected as I expected. But the response to it leads me to believe that if enough people ask, they might do it.

Here is their response. I highlighted in red what makes me believe that everyone that wants this service should ask directly for it. Since they are ignoring the 500+ threads about it.

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to process your request as we do not offer the service you have requested.

Currently we are unable to assist with:

- Name changes (including character/legacy/guild)

- Adjustments to character appearance

- Adjustments to Legacy

- Server transfers

- Un-binding of items (from Cartel Packs, Missions or Vendors)

- Trades between players, where one account is a Free To Play account

- In-game mail sent to incorrect characters in error

If you requested a different service not listed above, but received this response, please consider it to be a service we do not provide at the moment.

While we understand the frustration this may cause, we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience. As such, requests of this type are something that we are monitoring and may potentially offer in the future.

Any new information will be communicated through our official forums, found here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you require further assistance with this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

For Example.

$25.00 for Free to Play

$15.00 for Premium

$10.00 for Subscribers

This I feel covers in essence the heart of the matter and more importantly deals with all three tiers of access in terms of playing. The pricing starts off at what is in my experience an industry standard of $25. Which I feel is honestly not that expensive unto itself. Remember this is a business and an item or service needs to be profitable in order to be made available. I have not played Rifts nor do I honestly intend to, this is going to be my last MMO I think that I will ever play. Regardless, paid character transfers really should be seen as a value added service that is available but only with a fee attached. I work in customer service (bit not for BW) and I can see the customer's point of view however, I have to also see how the company sees things and this is a situation where they can't give awaay teh farm in order to reach the bottom first. Poor business practice and it would certainly make for a poor game.

Just my two credits.

• 3 weeks later...
I am all game with the pricing model suggested. However , Region transfer should be included. I have character in one of the US server all leveled up to 50 and I play in EU . My work brought me to South Asia so, don't find anyone in the US servers during my time.

I contacted customer support asking for a character transfer. Of course it was rejected as I expected. But the response to it leads me to believe that if enough people ask, they might do it.

Here is their response. I highlighted in red what makes me believe that everyone that wants this service should ask directly for it. Since they are ignoring the 500+ threads about it.

I guess there needs to be a louder voice, lets make it 9000+ threads about it.

Yeah, this is something that needs to be put in. My first toon I leveled on an RP server because my friend rolled on a RP server not knowing what it was. This is his first MMO. He's since quit because he's deployed but all my toons except for my VG is on a PvP server. I've been waiting so long to move him to my SWTOR family/legacy.

plz plz plz plz bring this in the future.

Yeah, this is something that needs to be put in. My first toon I leveled on an RP server because my friend rolled on a RP server not knowing what it was. This is his first MMO. He's since quit because he's deployed but all my toons except for my VG is on a PvP server. I've been waiting so long to move him to my SWTOR family/legacy.

plz plz plz plz bring this in the future.

Its going to be here in the future, but we want it now.(in other words ASAP)

• 1 month later...
Well I agree on the point that there should be the possibility to do server transfers, but I wouldn't use it if it was paid tbh.

I'd just create a new character instead of paying 25$/€/£ for a transfer.

You wouldn't pay $25.00 for a Character Transfer but you would pay more than $25.00 for a Cartel Packs? lol funny stuff.. come on be reasonable. just saying. And don't say you don't buy Cartel Packs, everyone does.

Edited by TheRealPyxx