Shadow DPS Issues

Hoodling

Hey, guys. I'm wondering if there are any Shadows out there who are able to do 1700-2000 DPS vs an ops dummy, 5-10 minutes duration, fully buffed and using an Exotech Stim.

Mostly all damage done by a Infiltration Shadow is Kinetic/Energy based, which is part of the problem since these damage types are mitigated by armor. At best, I can get 9% armor penetration from talents if I sacrificed Upheaval, but both spec variations tend to end up performing the same over time.

I've been trying every possible Infiltration spec variation, different rotations/prio and I simply can't get it much higher than 1550 DPS. That's with full 61 gear (completely tweaked), plus 63 hilt and 63 armorings in belt and bracer. My gear is fairly crit-oriented.

These are my current stats:

547,6 Bonus Damage

99,89% Accuracy

43.50% (Buffed) Crit chance

75,82% Surge.

The only question left to me right now is whether or not a high power/low crit build would improve my DPS. I don't think there's much left to work on in regards to my rotation/prio. It's a very obvious and simplistic DPS spec.

I hit 1500-1600 with agumented rakata give or take some 63/61 mods/ehance/armorings. My stat build though is low crit, and more power. So I bet you will see a big difference in dps if you went the power route. I'm looking forward to being full dread and hit 2k. I'll be in love.

Get rid of that critical. It's atrocious. Run more power. And I can do 1850-2150 dps on certain bosses. Dps on a dummy doesn't really mean anything.

The dummy is a training tool. You practice in here and then perfect out there, you will get better results, guaranteed.

• 2 weeks later...
Get rid of that critical. It's atrocious. Run more power. And I can do 1850-2150 dps on certain bosses. Dps on a dummy doesn't really mean anything.

How much DPS you can do on actual Bosses with up to 3 x 20% armor debuffs, being able to use spinning strike and probably having inspiration(s) is entirely inconsequential. The dummy is ALL that matters here, because it's a standard test. What you're saying is the equivalent of comparing how much FPS you get while playing Half Life 2 with how much FPS you get while running 3DMark 11. The one has nothing to do with the other. I would appreciate if people could tell me how much DPS they're getting when doing the "standard test" as explained below.

The standard test involves simulating raid-condition buffing (all 4 class buffs + Exotech Stim) and attacking the Operations Dummy for a duration of 5 minutes (or longer). Most people I've talked to agree on this. I prefer a 5-10 or 10+ minutes test myself, because it usually averages out your DPS better, and it's more forgiving of minor mistakes, lag, etc. I've also heard a lot of people use adrenals while dummy-parsing, but I never do that. Maybe I should. :p

I've done parses as long as 52 minutes, keeping my max DPS up for the whole duration. One of my logs actually broke TORParse because it was too big. The site kept timing out while trying to upload the log. That may be crazy, but I do like parsing. It's a challenge.

Anyway, I've exchanged one crit/surge item for power/surge now, and I've already seen a slight DPS increase. I hit 1568.7 DPS over ~37 minute duration (using a Prototype Stim). There was some lag and I screwed up quite a few times during this test (I'm a bit out of practice with the class), and yet the DPS result was higher than anything I've done previously.

Update: I've managed to get 1637.39 DPS over a 10 minute duration now. Same conditions as the last test. It seems that extra power is doing me a lot of good. I still had a few lagspikes and messed up the rotation once or twice, but this is a notable difference from being stuck at 1550ish DPS.

PS: I'm my presumptions are correct regarding armor-debuffing on bosses, it's a limit of maximum 3 x 20% debuffs, which puts the Boss down to 51.8% armor in the end (if I remember correctly). Percentages of percentages, all that. That's nearly 50% armor debuffing, so it's no wonder the shadow does more DPS in an actual raid. Most of the shadow's attacks are Kinetic/Energy based (mitigated by armor).

Edited by Hoodling
OCD

I would appreciate if people could tell me how much DPS they're getting when doing the "standard test" as explained below.

Highest Infiltration parse i've seen....

http://www.torparse.com/a/115367/time/1359471148/1359471448/0/Overview

Highest Balance parse i've seen....

http://www.torparse.com/a/133999/time/1361081883/1361082183/0/Overview

Keep in mind that all these will go out the window when the new patch comes into play..... So i wouldn't put too much time into more testing. By the looks of it, all will be changing shortly.