Jedi Knight comparison to Sith Warrior

Fuzion_Fire

It's always tempting to switch to alts as and when you get bored, but I really would contemplate completing one.

Certainly I'd complete a faction toon's storyline before starting another of the same faction, otherwise you'll find that it all feels a bit too similar as even though you may try and stick to the class missions you'll still find yourself doing some of the extras.

Switching between factions when levelling also has the bonus of the planets being in a slightly different order.

It's always tempting to switch to alts as and when you get bored, but I really would contemplate completing one.

Certainly I'd complete a faction toon's storyline before starting another of the same faction, otherwise you'll find that it all feels a bit too similar as even though you may try and stick to the class missions you'll still find yourself doing some of the extras.

Switching between factions when levelling also has the bonus of the planets being in a slightly different order.

Yeah well it took me nearly 3 months to get my SW up to level 40 so it's been a while since i have done any of them, I like the way the imperial agent plays but I have heard a lot of bad reviews about the smugglers storyline so that was why I was leaning towards Imperial Agent.

I have played a Sith Warrior up until the start of chapter 3 and have just started a Jedi Knight. Am I better of continuing on with my SW or is the JK story worth playing?

I've played both they are both worth the time but I say finish the SW first since your almost done.:)

The knight story is more (the most) epic. If I could only do one or the other, I would do the Knight one.

Nah. I know it's a matter of opinion, but SW story is tons better. More of a story vs. the JK story, which is just a standard save the world action flick.

• 3 weeks later...
The Sith Warrior class is SOOOO much easier to play however. At least it is for me. I would imagine that it has a lot to do with not getting your healer companion till way later in the Jedi Knight play through. this is the main reason why I have such a hard time playing my Jedi class. I am on Tattooine with my Jedi Sentinel now, and I miss Quinn in a bad way. LOL

I have a knight and 2 warriors, but before i made my knight, I read te book revan. the knight story line picks up 300 years after the book finishes. and also answers some questions about the 2 flashpoints at lvl 35. Out of 8 story lines I've done, I think he night one is the best. as for game play. the skills and the trees are exactly the same, just called different. so if you have a warrior and are grinding up a knight its the exact gameplay so i think it makes it faster to grind.

Ive been playing for about a month a guardian and I must say the story is epic!!! I did look a bit at the stories on the internet before deciding which toon to roll. I started playing a Sith Inquisitor at launch and I quit the game at level 17... Now a year later I must say I really enjoy the JK story, im at level 39 on Balmorra and it is great. Basicly, from what I read Most of the stories for the sith are just about getting a seat on the dark concil and battling other sith but the JK story is about saving the galaxy!!!

JK Act 1: Stop the Superweapons. Very Lame until after Alderaan.

JK Act 2: Gather the best Jedi for a suicide mission. OK Getting better!

JK Act 3: Save the Galaxy/Universe. Finally great.

SW Act 1: Find a Padawan and Corrupt Her. Sweet!

SW Act 2: Follow Plan Zero and start the War. Alright.

SW Act 3: Named the Emperor's Wrath, eliminate a pretender claiming to be his voice. Great!

Overall SW Wins. Jedi Knight's Act 1 was simply awful until it ended. It picked up quite a bit from there but not quite enough.

I have a lvl 50 Guardian and just started act 2 on my neutral marauder. The SW story so far is head and shoulders above the tired old crap you get as a knight. I started a sentinel and struggle mightily to keep him neutral because the few DS choices you may get often make no sense in terms of weaving a logical story. You really are forced into LS and it is insipid and in no way compelling. Edited by Aelaias

I enjoyed it. Its not as dark (obviously) as the warrior side (and I have done both) but it still has its twists and moral dilemmas.

I've got a 50 Sentinel (full LS) and a 50 Guardian (full DS) as well as a Juggernaut (LS) and Mara (DS), trust me if you play a "Dark Jedi" from the start, the Knight storyline is every bit as dark as the SW story and had some serious jaw dropping twists from the LS storyline. Still haven't decided if I'll try and redeem the guardian in future chapters or keep going down the dark path. :D

Here is the problem with the knight and warrior stories in the game. If you think by going dark you will get the option of being a manipulative, power hungry, duplicitous back stabber with the subtlety of a seasoned diplomat you are wrong. What you get to do is play a deranged psycho.

The Sith Warrior class is SOOOO much easier to play however. At least it is for me. I would imagine that it has a lot to do with not getting your healer companion till way later in the Jedi Knight play through. this is the main reason why I have such a hard time playing my Jedi class. I am on Tattooine with my Jedi Sentinel now, and I miss Quinn in a bad way. LOL

Ever class gets a healing companion with there ship.

And before the clueless people chime in, the ship droid heals fine. Its the lack of gear he comes with, and finding droid gear that makes him bad.

I have used him before, on alts. With some pimping out with a cyber tech droid gear he is just like ever other healing companion.

What makes the ship droid bad is the fact that he can't wield a weapon and as a result misses a big chunk of his healing bonus. By going cybertech however you can equip him effortlessly, especially if you pick up moddable pieces on various planets for comms. With a high presence from alts and decent equipment he can heal and do a bit of tanking but even in that case he is merely ok. Still better than any other companion until doc.

• 2 weeks later...

The SWs part 1 is bloody brilliant and way better than the JKs - imo the Warrior has the best first Act out of all the class stories.

However, after that the Knight starts to catch up. By the end of Act 2 and from then on until the very end it just completely outshines the Warrior's tale.

Here is the problem with the knight and warrior stories in the game. If you think by going dark you will get the option of being a manipulative, power hungry, duplicitous back stabber with the subtlety of a seasoned diplomat you are wrong. What you get to do is play a deranged psycho.

Sounds perfect ;)

The SWs part 1 is bloody brilliant and way better than the JKs - imo the Warrior has the best first Act out of all the class stories.

However, after that the Knight starts to catch up. By the end of Act 2 and from then on until the very end it just completely outshines the Warrior's tale.

The problem with SW act 2 was that the writers took queues from whoever wrote JK act 1. While things do pick up in JK act 2 the story doesn't pass the incredulity test. Which the writers understood since they had enough shame left to include lines referencing suicide missions.

Edited by Aelaias

I have a Guardian and a Juggernaut, both 50's. The Juggernaut was my first 50, while the Guardian was my second. I really, really enjoyed both of these stories, though I will say that I enjoyed the Guardian a little bit more than the Juggernaut. I went lightside with both of them (yeah, yeah, lightside Juggernaut), but I would always choose the "smart aleck" responces on my Juggernaut when conversing with Empire NPC's. Made the story pretty fun.

It's really about personal preference. My Guardian is my "main" now, but I do intend on playing through the storylines again with both a Sentinel and Marauder at some point.