Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Women have to slap men in order to appear strong? Spoilers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Women have to slap men in order to appear strong? Spoilers

leroyjenkinsrule
04.01.2018 , 10:36 PM | #111
Well, this thread had the white Knights descend quickly. Guys, the problem was Leia scolding Poe for a major tactical decision. Destroying a ship that would destroy their fleet. I don't care how Leia scolded him, slap or verbal, it shows me she's a leader in position alone not willing to accept risks. Leia is not General material it seems. Though can we throw the feminist argument out? It seems to bring out the idiocy on both sides, though i think the movement is far gone from what it was.

AlienEyeTX
04.02.2018 , 07:53 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by leroyjenkinsrule View Post
Well, this thread had the white Knights descend quickly. Guys, the problem was Leia scolding Poe for a major tactical decision. Destroying a ship that would destroy their fleet. I don't care how Leia scolded him, slap or verbal, it shows me she's a leader in position alone not willing to accept risks. Leia is not General material it seems. Though can we throw the feminist argument out? It seems to bring out the idiocy on both sides, though i think the movement is far gone from what it was.
Watch the movie again. Poe's mission was to be a diversion. He could keep the FO occupied until the Resistance was ready to jump. As soon as the last transport is away, Leia calls him back. Poe is the idiot who disobeys and switches off the comm. Poe crippled the Resistance with his thoughtless, selfish actions.

Maybe he learned from it. We'll see next year.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

TalonVII
04.03.2018 , 04:44 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by leroyjenkinsrule View Post
Well Leia was both right and wrong for scolding Poe. She scolded him for the wrong thing. People die in war. That's the blunt truth of it, but Poe was excessive.

Now where did Poe screw up.

1. He ignored the chain of command. It does exist for a reason or it's chaos on the battlefield. Especially when he's that highly placed, sure he as more latitude to interpret orders as he sees fit to get the job done, but that does not give him Carte Blanche to ignore direct orders.

2. He used a sledge hammer when he could of used a scalpel. All he really needed to do was take out the main guns of the dreadnought to protect the fleet and he could of gotten away with that with himself and 4 x-wings. Would of gotten the job done and protected the fleet with far less resources.

Now Leia slapping him, that's just horrible screen writing. Further more doing it in front of the crew on the bridge instead of behind closed doors is doubly so and just shows that Johnson has no f***ing clue about how a military operates.

That scene was poorly written.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

MoonDroid
05.20.2018 , 07:30 AM | #114
All of the complaints about Rey and other women in Star Wars are getting tiring... Suddenly, a dude isn't the main protagonist, OMG, best feel threatened by this... I am sure if some guy punched another guy in the face, most people would be like "dude, he is so bad***."

That being said, I don't see anything cool about slapping someone, especially a sub-ordinate. It's childish and inappropriate.
The characters in question are already strong women and the misguided writers probably thought that slapping somehow affirms that. It's just bad writing, like everything else in that snooze-fest of a movie. And it's sad that someone would even remember or pay that much attention to it...

I am a strong woman and I've never slapped anyone in the face and can't really imagine a situation where I would resort to something so juvenile. But then again I am not a fictional character written by people who think strength of character is displayed through physical violence...
Eternal love for Quinn, Theron, Vector and all things related to any-and-all HK droids ^__^.

wadecounty
05.20.2018 , 11:03 AM | #115
This thread is hilarious.
Kandel - Juggernaut Lef - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger