Gemini Deception defeating the ship defence droid

gottaloveme

I'm having trouble with this droid. I try to keep out of the way of it's laser hands but scorpio takes a great deal of damage from the droid and skytroopers. :eek:

Do I take on the droid first and ignore the skytroopers until after or deal with them first? OC is smuggler / rogue.

• 2 years later...
Trying to kill the Ship Defense droid, have companion on heal, and I still cannot defeat it, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Probably, but you'll have to give us more information before we can help you. As it stands, your problem might be (but I don't think it is) that you are standing in the middle of the room and trying to let SCORPIO do all the work, and that's not going to help at all.

At least tell us:

* Your character's class, discipline, and level.

* The "Item Rating" in the top-left corner of your character panel.

* SCORPIO's Influence rank.

* Are you using gear that's matched to your spec? (No tank gear on DPS characters ==> that means no pieces with Defense, Absorb, or Shield.)

• 1 year later...
If this is the droid I'm thinking of, it has a shield as long as the skytroopers are around. You need to kill the skytroopers to lower the shield.

Sorry to drag up an old post, but I just wanted to chime in that this is what worked for me. All the advice about "gearing up" and "presence" and "companion influence" is just nonsense. You can't mess up your character build in these campaigns. Just focus on the Skytroopers. When they're dead fight the Droid. Rinse repeat until the Droid is dead. Thanks JediQuaker.