Toth & Zorn HM Help (DoT specced Melee DPS)

Don't put melee on Zorn. Ideally, if your raid was perfectly split 50/50 range and melee dps, you would have all melee on Toth and Range on Zorn. If you have more melee than ranged, then you would want to put a non-dot class on Zorn.

But it'll be rough. This game isn't friendly to melee.

We had the same issue with one of our Sage DPS. However, the Fearful debuff can almost be timed (at specific health intervals) just have whoever uses DoTs pay close attention on when that health interval will come so they can slow DPS or something to avoid getting one-shot. It's difficult, I know, but it seems that's the only option until BW makes it so that DoTs cast before Fearful do not count.

Powertech Tanks are having the same issue.

If their Ion Gas Cylinder procs (and it procs a lot) they are insta one shot by Fearful.

Incorrect. I don't have any issue at all with Zorn and yes Ion is ticking. It is all about managing percentages and paying attention.

Incorrect. I don't have any issue at all with Zorn and yes Ion is ticking. It is all about managing percentages and paying attention.

Thank you for contributing to this thread, but is that specific to the tanks? Because the only debuff on Zorn at the time for our Vanguard was his cell DoT and he got pummeled.

Edited by Dragonbgone

Your vanguard might not have been paying attention and used another ability, say Rapid Shots, etc. That will take him from 100% to 0% in under a sec. People need to pay attention to the mechanics of the fight and then it becomes super easy.

Dots get removed on the leap, which is when fearful goes out (and when you need to make sure you don't have it if you plan to keep hitting Zorn). So if you are a DoT class that is getting fearful and getting hit by a DoT, it means you put it up AFTER the leap happened, and you need to watch that more closely.

If there is a DoT that is bugged and not getting removed, I'm not aware of that, but I can confirm that as a Sage DPS, I need to refresh my DoTs every time they leap.