Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Alderaan Round 2 Changes and Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Alderaan Round 2 Changes and Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheChervil's Avatar


TheChervil
01.19.2020 , 07:38 PM | #61
Personally I like the Killik Cave and being able to "control the population" there.

However as others have mentioned the inability to mount up is pretty annoying.

Also, didn't see any taxi anywhere.

Kind of confusing that it looks multistory from the outside but the only "elevator" takes you to the mountain retreat, instead of to a second floor or basement.

I like the ruins, but it would be nice if you could get up to the top of them, like you can in Yavin.

Not sure that I like being able to decorate at the bottom of the waterfall, but not being able to travel there.

Also, we will definitely need some form of Thranta mount now.

JediBoadicea's Avatar


JediBoadicea
01.19.2020 , 09:30 PM | #62
I'm going to get into specifics about hooks and bugs/suggestions lower down (see all the spoiler categories broken down by SH area), but I absolutely must lead with this reminder:

Please please please please PLEASE address the stronghold cap!!!! Both personal, and for guilds. Since the merge I have been unable to unlock Rishi because I would have to sacrifice 12 strongholds, many of which have been fully, lovingly, and painstakingly decorated. Since your system does not give us the option to save layouts, if we want to preserve our work the only option is to not delete our strongholds.

I and others have suggested ad nauseum for years that you make a stronghold slot unlock purchase on the Cartel Market that allows people to buy additional stronghold slots over the soft cap (just like with character slots!), and enable the purchase of duplicate strongholds. NOW is the time to do this. RISHI was the time to do this, but you are guaranteed with the Alderaan release to start hitting more people who are at cap. The merge proved we can have up to 35 strongholds. Impose a hard cap if you must, but we know that 10 is not that hard cap.

For me, Alderaan may be the last straw. I have logged into the game less this year than at any time since beta, and strongholds concerns being ignored (cap, a freakin' increase to the X/Y axes, broken decos, etc) has been an enormous part of this. I would love to have Rishi. I would love to have Alderaan. I continue to provide extensive feedback in PTS and all the time on decorating issues, but my willingness for that is fading; there is nothing more demoralizing than loving something this much and getting total radio silence as to why I should be excluded from playing with all the new content.

Ok... that being said... feedback!

General Issues

We need to be able to mount throughout the whole stronghold. Still. Find wherever in the code this is buried and murder it.

The Northern and Western lodgings seem to be misnamed relative to their positions on the map.



Hook Suggestions/Issues

I did see some hook suggestions from the first round implemented - thank you! But there are still some very critical ones remaining.

I didn't make screencaps because this already took hours, but if I see a dev post in the thread suggesting that screencaps would be helpful I'll take the time to add them. (I hope the stronghold cap is raised so that my time isn't wasted like it was with Rishi, extensively screencap-feedbacking a SH I was never able to own!)


In the Killik Grounds cave:


Spoiler



In the Noble Estate exterior section:

Spoiler



In the Noble Estate Interior:

Spoiler



Drawing Room

Spoiler



Throne Room

Spoiler



Balcony Overlook


Spoiler



Study

Spoiler



Guest Chambers

Spoiler



Mountain Retreat

Spoiler



Western Lodging (as currently mis-named, it is the room accessed via the north of the map)

Spoiler



Northern Lodging (as currently mis-named, it is the room accessed via the west of the map)

Spoiler

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
01.19.2020 , 10:08 PM | #63
Ummm.. just a few more points on SH....

1. The ambient sound (the wind in particular) … might be a bit loud outside... BUT IMO .. inside it should be dialed down quite a bit !

2. Hooks from the balcony to the throne room ??? either they are disappearing … OR .. they're not there at all ??

3. Hooks in the cave??? almost non existent… need more !! (frankly this cave needs to be something that is much more interesting … not the bug cave ! (sorry .. I really hope this is changed to something more positive !)

4. Several have already mentioned the broken door in the mountain retreat in the hall way between the two entrances.

(BTW.. it should be noted that that hallway could EASILY house a location for either a stairway or elevator up to that really nice central structure in the middle that over looks most (if not all) of the area (3rd floor anyone ??)

5. The stream out side the main building (Noble Estate) … being shallow for the most part is fine. I've done trout fishing in many streams like that... Kind of work it over just a bit with a few "deep spots" or natural pools. The fish probably should be actually under water a bit more (fins and partial bodies are sticking out in many cases).

ALSO: the stream ends with no way out ??? It's just a bit odd. No deep pool that might have an underground outlet … nada !! It just ends ! Just a bit strange to me personally. I'm sure the team can fix that easily.

AND PLEASE … pretty please … move the ruins to the cave in front of the entrance (or close by) … tie it into that area as a historical land mark of a sort … and place a really nice glassed in greenhouse in the place of the current location of the "ruins". The view from there should be super !!!

(What ????… did you really think I'd pass up one more chance to plug for the greenhouse ??)
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
01.19.2020 , 10:50 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
Ummm.. just a few more points on SH....

1. The ambient sound (the wind in particular) … might be a bit loud outside... BUT IMO .. inside it should be dialed down quite a bit !

2. Hooks from the balcony to the throne room ??? either they are disappearing … OR .. they're not there at all ??

3. Hooks in the cave??? almost non existent… need more !! (frankly this cave needs to be something that is much more interesting … not the bug cave ! (sorry .. I really hope this is changed to something more positive !)

4. Several have already mentioned the broken door in the mountain retreat in the hall way between the two entrances.

(BTW.. it should be noted that that hallway could EASILY house a location for either a stairway or elevator up to that really nice central structure in the middle that over looks most (if not all) of the area (3rd floor anyone ??)

5. The stream out side the main building (Noble Estate) … being shallow for the most part is fine. I've done trout fishing in many streams like that... Kind of work it over just a bit with a few "deep spots" or natural pools. The fish probably should be actually under water a bit more (fins and partial bodies are sticking out in many cases).

ALSO: the stream ends with no way out ??? It's just a bit odd. No deep pool that might have an underground outlet … nada !! It just ends ! Just a bit strange to me personally. I'm sure the team can fix that easily.

AND PLEASE … pretty please … move the ruins to the cave in front of the entrance (or close by) … tie it into that area as a historical land mark of a sort … and place a really nice glassed in greenhouse in the place of the current location of the "ruins". The view from there should be super !!!

(What ????… did you really think I'd pass up one more chance to plug for the greenhouse ??)
Lol, like the plug for the greenhouse so +10000
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Asunas's Avatar


Asunas
01.20.2020 , 05:55 AM | #65
So I spend 10 hours decorating past weekend, and I have to once again restate there are not enough rooms.

The way I see it we need a bare minimum of 3-4 more. Atm, I have to choose between a barracks and an armory. A lab or a medical bay, a security office, a spa, let alone a cantina or an operations center (like Rishi’s carrier bridge). A meeting room, a map room/library.

We need that second floor, if it’s too difficult to rework the grand hall to make that 2 story then please consider adding another stop in the elevator to another floor with a corridor and 5 rooms. 2 rooms on each side of the corridor for a total of 4 that can be copies of the existing rooms of the grand hall. And a 5th larger room (and I’m talking as big as the Rishi carrier bridge). This area wouldn’t need windows (you can even put it in the basement) and can copy existing elements already done on the stronghold, the 4 smaller rooms are for the sake of argument copy-pastes followed by the larger room.

As for placement, another elevator stop would be one option. Another I feel I should mention is right across from the corridor the elevator is in, which could serve as another door leading to this new section.

Now to expand a little, in the large room. Ideally, it would have 3 centerpiece hooks at the center, and 8-12 large hooks to the sides of those, 6 on either side. Large wall hooks to the sides for monitors and room for medium hooks between the large and centerpiece hooks, a bit like Yavin’s big temple.
Get a Free character transfer and 7 Free days of subscription and more by using the referral link below. The referral helps both new, returning and current players!

Referral link

Xina_LA's Avatar


Xina_LA
01.20.2020 , 08:21 AM | #66
Round 2 part 2:

* Need to be able to place more decorations in the stronghold.

* Need a Large hook on the throne platform in the Throne Room.

* People want a small room. How about putting it behind that side lodge door that doesn't open?

* People need a large room with a high ceiling (and no stained glass) to use with the tech Ceiling items and long hanging lights. How about adding one more room, high up with a view, that we access via the Elevator? Cal lit a Grand Ballroom if you like.


Personally, I like the ruins in the back. It feels like... hey we left a little of the old estate behind when we rebuilt. It gives the place a sense of history. Also, this isn't the main building of a House of Alderaan, so while the other estates may not have ruins, I don't see it as theme-breaking that this one does. If it moves, that's fine, too.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Asunas's Avatar


Asunas
01.20.2020 , 08:53 AM | #67
3 more bugs

Northern Lodging central floor hook, whatever you put down there, it doesn't show. No tiles, no carpet, nada.

The corridor right outside Northern Lodging some Alderaan floor medallions don’t show properly, as you can see in the screenshot below I placed 2 in the same corridor for comparison, one to the back is fine, the one In the front is not. There are no elevations to account for this.

https://imgur.com/43veVSH

Taking a look out the window and you can see the door and any deco's you placed there.

https://i.imgur.com/r7CXB5F.png

I also thought I’d include a picture of the now-famous bugged door.

https://i.imgur.com/gvOwmm3.png

Places for additional hook placement

Northern Lodging also has one corner that doesn’t have a small hook, all the others do but this one is the only one left out. Can we remedy this please?

https://i.imgur.com/HodWiLN.jpg

There are currently no hooks on the bridge or before it on either side. This would be a perfect spot for banners, guards, lights, twi’lek dancers, please add some medium-rare or medium hooks here, please.

https://i.imgur.com/QOa6JeV.jpg

At the front of the staircase towards the entrance, there are currently no hooks, I believe both on the ground as on the elevated railing we would benefit from some medium narrow hooks and a medium one on the ground in the middle.

https://i.imgur.com/etVS9gl.png

Same here, medium narrow hooks where the arrows are, why medium narrow and not small, keeping the options open, a lot of deco’s need at least medium narrow to work, and we can convert them to small. This essentially goes for the whole front stairway to the entrance, medium narrow

https://i.imgur.com/FsSfHDm.png

Don’t get me wrong, If there was ever a stronghold where less can be more it’s this one, excellent architectural details, but to me places like this need hooks, I want the option. 2 plants to the side for example. This place could use some medium hooks. A floor hook wouldn’t be a bad idea either, think of how nice a tile would be there to cover some of that concrete.

https://i.imgur.com/kw2Tvfs.png

Not a single hook in sight. Medium hooks would be welcome along the road, medium narrow, or small hooks would be an asset in the water, won’t someone please think of my Giz’ka!

https://i.imgur.com/E1lngV9.jpg

My Agent and troopers would approve of centerpiece hooks here, just sticking out a little to be clickable. I always imagined a valley with such an esteemed/reviled resident would need to be well defended. You could put anti air turrets or other weaponry here, rakata ruins, a training arena, the list goes on. These areas already look fairly flat so adding a hook should be doable no?

https://i.imgur.com/hos9LlW.jpg

A popular request, this place could use a large wall hook.

https://i.imgur.com/9bZ31Vs.jpg

And PS: We still need more rooms, 4+
Get a Free character transfer and 7 Free days of subscription and more by using the referral link below. The referral helps both new, returning and current players!

Referral link

AtomFromLU's Avatar


AtomFromLU
01.20.2020 , 10:23 AM | #68
I definitely think that there should be more arrival points to some of the key rooms. Would hate to have a huge walk to my favorite room every time I go to my stronghold! Specifically, the overlook adjacent to the throne room, the throne room itself, and the big rooms in the mountain retreat building.

I also wouldn't mind having a starship hook option in that HUGE open area for the mountain retreat.

Other than that, the stronghold is gorgeous. Very well done, devs!

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
01.20.2020 , 12:01 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by AtomFromLU View Post
I definitely think that there should be more arrival points to some of the key rooms. Would hate to have a huge walk to my favorite room every time I go to my stronghold! Specifically, the overlook adjacent to the throne room, the throne room itself, and the big rooms in the mountain retreat building.

I also wouldn't mind having a starship hook option in that HUGE open area for the mountain retreat.

Other than that, the stronghold is gorgeous. Very well done, devs!
I agree with the point of multiple arrival points.
1. Throne room
2. Just outside of the main building in the "estate" entrance.
3. The large field area across the stream.
4. The retreat area next to the elevator: ( I believe that there is a console there already )
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

sammywalker's Avatar


sammywalker
01.20.2020 , 12:14 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
I agree with the point of multiple arrival points.
1. Throne room
2. Just outside of the main building in the "estate" entrance.
3. The large field area across the stream.
4. The retreat area next to the elevator: ( I believe that there is a console there already )
i agree with all but the throne room, if it was outside the throne room thats fine. it would personally ruin the atmosphere in the throne room with an arrival point.