Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Alderaan Round 2 Changes and Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Alderaan Round 2 Changes and Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sarova's Avatar


Sarova
01.27.2020 , 01:11 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Which is sad, considering that they actually listen when we made comments about Rishi but maybe they have moved past that to not caring. Not sure. Everyone has requested a second floor and more rooms. The ruins and the cave there are varying degrees of opinions but not the second floor and the more rooms and let's hope they listen to the bugs, though at the moment not sure they even will do that.
I agree it is a shame that there won't be a balcony added to the main room. I'm personally glad there won't be more rooms to make it bigger though, especially after they broke the Rishi SH making it impossible to use the various "spawn in points" (I forget what they're called) and no acknowledgement or fix. I really didn't want the same to happen to another big SH.

I'm certain they only listened to the Rishi feedback because it was a different type of stronghold - PvP focused - which excluded the decorating fanatics among us. They added the additional areas and allowed the PvP areas to be turned off because it then appealed to the decorators.

We may yet be surprised; they may yet make some alterations to the main room based on our feedback, since the advert for 6.1 isn't entirely accurate (e.g. I told both Emperor Vowran and Empress Acina to sod off with their new "Hand", so have no idea why they are saying Empire aligned characters will be helping to reform it). Unless those storylines are being forced on us regardless
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Option to Switch off Vendor Icons In Strongholds
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

sammywalker's Avatar


sammywalker
01.27.2020 , 01:13 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
So it looks like we won't be getting a second floor for the stained glass room.
Check out the Pinnacles of Power update news picture for the Aldreraan Noble Estate:
https://www.swtor.com/onslaught/updates
that was there when they set up this second round for testing. proves nothing other then the fact that players jump to conclusion. we may not get a second floor and that would be depressing but you never know. the only fact the is true is the pinnacle of power you linked in is what they put when announcing second round of testing for the stronghold on the pts.

TonyTricicolo's Avatar


TonyTricicolo
01.27.2020 , 01:22 PM | #143
It shows pretty much what they were going to release anyway.. Putting it on PTS was just a formality to get us off their backs. They had no intention on listening to our feedback. They fulfilled their end by tweaking hook placements. "See, we listen" crapola. Yes, i'm jumping to conclusions. Of course I am. Their track record reinforces me jumping to conclusions. I'm actually quite upset. It's a good upset though, an epiphany of sorts. I no longer have faith in this company to provide a satisfactory game. I call for a vote of no confidence!
"TONY THE THREE LEGGED TRICYCLE RIDING TRICKSTER"
ATM Password http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
01.27.2020 , 01:58 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by sammywalker View Post
that was there when they set up this second round for testing. proves nothing other then the fact that players jump to conclusion. we may not get a second floor and that would be depressing but you never know. the only fact the is true is the pinnacle of power you linked in is what they put when announcing second round of testing for the stronghold on the pts.
We can base this on the way they handled Rishi. When they made changes we were informed. When they added the small apartment, what everyone was asking for, we were informed and asked to look at it. So yes based on that information we can say we are not probably going to get a second floor. If they do, I imagine a lot of us will be happy and apologize but it is better to expect them not to since they are not saying anything and their track records. Some of us have been here since launch and know their track record.

Furthermore, once a stronghold goes live, very little changes are made. They needed to make some changes to Maanan (not hook wise) and as of this date nothing so changes like that are not made once a stronghold goes live.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
01.27.2020 , 02:05 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
I agree it is a shame that there won't be a balcony added to the main room. I'm personally glad there won't be more rooms to make it bigger though, especially after they broke the Rishi SH making it impossible to use the various "spawn in points" (I forget what they're called) and no acknowledgement or fix. I really didn't want the same to happen to another big SH.

I'm certain they only listened to the Rishi feedback because it was a different type of stronghold - PvP focused - which excluded the decorating fanatics among us. They added the additional areas and allowed the PvP areas to be turned off because it then appealed to the decorators.

We may yet be surprised; they may yet make some alterations to the main room based on our feedback, since the advert for 6.1 isn't entirely accurate (e.g. I told both Emperor Vowran and Empress Acina to sod off with their new "Hand", so have no idea why they are saying Empire aligned characters will be helping to reform it). Unless those storylines are being forced on us regardless
Agreed. Most of all my empire characters are saboteurs. There was only one of my 12 empire that supported the empire and took her seat back. The rest stayed with the alliance and are saboteurs. I would love to have a chance for them to actually be in the republic but hey if I can destroy the empire's plans, kill some dark council members, than okay but sooner or later they going to get suspicious unless they are stupid and don't see anything (lol)
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

sammywalker's Avatar


sammywalker
01.27.2020 , 02:14 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
We can base this on the way they handled Rishi. When they made changes we were informed. When they added the small apartment, what everyone was asking for, we were informed and asked to look at it. So yes based on that information we can say we are not probably going to get a second floor. If they do, I imagine a lot of us will be happy and apologize but it is better to expect them not to since they are not saying anything and their track records. Some of us have been here since launch and know their track record.

Furthermore, once a stronghold goes live, very little changes are made. They needed to make some changes to Maanan (not hook wise) and as of this date nothing so changes like that are not made once a stronghold goes live.
I guess that makes sense, I started playing almost 7 years ago. I dont do a lot of testing so I wouldn't know the track record. with that it makes sense, it would truly be sad not to have a second floor. a second floor could make the stronghold go from ok to great imo.

Selkcun's Avatar


Selkcun
01.27.2020 , 05:47 PM | #147
Not too get anyone's hopes up, but I like investigating the crevices of game maps and I used decorations to climb up on the 2nd floor ledge of the main room. You all know you can see some strange anomalies when you sit at an angle on your mount next to walls, etc. Well, I saw hallways with doorways on the other side of the wall on the top ledge, however, the hallways were incomplete and the doorways had no doors and were opened up to the outside world with no rooms behind them. Either they had planned to do it and abandoned it or still plan to complete the 2nd floor. I personally don't decorate that much, so either way is fine with me but just thought I'd let you all know what I saw.

At TonyTricicolo's request, here are a couple of screen shots. Hope they aren't spoilers for anyone.
https://imgur.com/DViWHg6
https://imgur.com/ml5xaMU

TonyTricicolo's Avatar


TonyTricicolo
01.27.2020 , 07:03 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Selkcun View Post
Not too get anyone's hopes up, but I like investigating the crevices of game maps and I used decorations to climb up on the 2nd floor ledge of the main room. You all know you can see some strange anomalies when you sit at an angle on your mount next to walls, etc. Well, I saw hallways with doorways on the other side of the wall on the top ledge, however, the hallways were incomplete and the doorways had no doors and were opened up to the outside world with no rooms behind them. Either they had planned to do it and abandoned it or still plan to complete the 2nd floor. I personally don't decorate that much, so either way is fine with me but just thought I'd let you all know what I saw.
I like anomalies. Do us a favor and take some screen shots please. I want to see these ghost rooms.
"TONY THE THREE LEGGED TRICYCLE RIDING TRICKSTER"
ATM Password http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

Glacier's Avatar


Glacier
01.27.2020 , 10:15 PM | #149
Give us a toggle for the weather/season. One that lets us remove the snow. I don't want my character to have to wear a parka to run around outside. Likewise most of the npc personnel decorations are not dressed for cold weather. Makes little sense to see them out there.

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
01.27.2020 , 10:46 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
Give us a toggle for the weather/season. One that lets us remove the snow. I don't want my character to have to wear a parka to run around outside. Likewise most of the npc personnel decorations are not dressed for cold weather. Makes little sense to see them out there.
That would be nice, but they would need to give toggles for the others as well especially Tattoine and DK which I don't see them doing anytime soon.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121