Pre-order Rise of the Hutt Cartel to receive exclusive new in-game items!

CourtneyWoods

To me the extra freebies suggest that the pre-order didn't go as well as expected, especially as the holo-statue is fairly useful for altoholics. Here's a hint Bioware, provide information on the content over and above 5 levels and a planet and you might get more.

Excellent.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like all 3. Thanks for throwing 'em in! (Though it does make me question how well the expansion is selling, since I would've expected them to be advertising the gifts up front, along with the early access. Maybe they just... weren't finished with them or something? Edited by Stenrik

To me the extra freebies suggest that the pre-order didn't go as well as expected, especially as the holo-statue is fairly useful for altoholics. Here's a hint Bioware, provide information on the content over and above 5 levels and a planet and you might get more.

Yeah, it's not unexpected.

They market a content patch turned adventure pack as an "expansion" and then wonder why people don't rush to buy it.

The number of sales must be way off the numbers they had projected. So they have decided to try and sweeten the deal to draw in more suckers oops I mean customers. Rather than offering us facts about what will be included in the expac they offer us more crap. Titles.holo statues and mini pets are cool but these are the kind of things that should be included in in-game content. Not as a incentive to preorder a expac. Edited by Babyduck

[The free gifts are nice so I can't complain, but nothing there that I won't care for after a few times of usage or after the first day. The 5 Day free pass means nothing to me as I can only play on the weekends. There should be better rewards for the committed player like me. I'm a subscriber and still only play on weekends. I should be a free to play player. Where is my reward for my commitment. Puff Puff give. I'm putting my money on the content, hope that goes well.]

The "bonuses" are total crap. Holo trainer that will be useful for 5 times (if there are any new abilities at each level at all) on each character (if we will be braindead enough to do the same missions, the EXACTLY same missions on the same fraction several times).

A title, that's long and not even appealing?

A pet, when I am already at the pet limit, and last time when I tried to add a NEW pet to my collection, I got the "Already have that pet" message and the pet was nowhere to be found on my list of pets?

And I wonder if you EAware/Bugware going to pull the same stunt as at launch, that you gave us 5 days of early acces, but instead of which we got 2 weeks of stuck at loading screen bug?

Sadly I already pre-ordered the expansion, but I already regret it and suggest to anyone and everywhere not to do it.

When you change your attitude towards us, start doing the little things right, and not just rushing out content which is bugged and completely worthless for 2 months even after it's release, and tickets doesn't get ninja-closed without any notice or without a completely irrelevant copy paste answer from an indian guy or maybe if our tickets would get a reply at all, within 1-2 weeks.... maybe, MAYBE then we, the players could start changing our attitude toward YOU.

The "bonuses" are total crap. Holo trainer that will be useful for 5 times (if there are any new abilities at each level at all) on each character (if we will be braindead enough to do the same missions, the EXACTLY same missions on the same fraction several times).

A title, that's long and not even appealing?

A pet, when I am already at the pet limit, and last time when I tried to add a NEW pet to my collection, I got the "Already have that pet" message and the pet was nowhere to be found on my list of pets?

And I wonder if you EAware/Bugware going to pull the same stunt as at launch, that you gave us 5 days of early acces, but instead of which we got 2 weeks of stuck at loading screen bug?

Sadly I already pre-ordered the expansion, but I already regret it and suggest to anyone and everywhere not to do it.

When you change your attitude towards us, start doing the little things right, and not just rushing out content which is bugged and completely worthless for 2 months even after it's release, and tickets doesn't get ninja-closed without any notice or without a completely irrelevant copy paste answer from an indian guy or maybe if our tickets would get a reply at all, within 1-2 weeks.... maybe, MAYBE then we, the players could start changing our attitude toward YOU.

i don't have any regret at all for pre ordering anyways was only $10 and the free stuff is just a bonus didn't need it to make me pre order

I'd pay 25 bucks for a single character unlock walking mount. Yea, I'd pay the price of a game for such a mount, especially if there were no other means of getting it.

Gimme my tauntaun, bantha, you name them.

But since Neverwinter there have been no mounts in BW games. I'd imagine that canadians has never saw a horse in their lives.

PS. Make the Hutt trainer mountable, at least. Scantily clad Leias would galore on him.

Edited by Dzsewdow
second thoughts

I'd pay 25 bucks for a single character unlock walking mount. Yea, I'd pay the price of a game for such a mount, especially if there were no other means of getting it.

Gimme my tauntaun, bantha, you name them.

But since Neverwinter there have been no mounts in BW games. I'd imagine that canadians has never saw a horse in their lives.

PS. Make the Hutt trainer mountable, at least. Scantily clad Leias would galore on him.

Actually Horse Riding is very popular in Canada. We have quite a few notable Olympic Equestrians.

On a more related note: we need the Karagga Walker from KP. That was a sweet vehicle and it's a shame that we can't ride it. Maybe from Nightmare Scum & Villainy once that's out?

Is there a way to pre-order and _not_ to receive this useless cosmetic junk? I have cargo hold full of cosmetic stuff, that serve no purpose at all.

Would pre-order without any cosmetic junk.

Just delete the email when it comes.

Problem solved.

When RotHC launches I will have even more mail on every new alt I create. :D

Love the mobile trainers and not having to send them around anymore is great (I always forget where they are).

I like pets and it doesn't look that bad.

I don't really care about the title sounds quite strange: "Scourge of the Hutts", I will stick to my Founder title for my alts ^^

Edited by Never_Hesitate

I already pre-ordered, but it's nice to hear about this. The title is pretty meaningless to me, but the pet is cute and I think the field trainer would be very useful to me. When leveling, I often go through a few levels at a time before making it back to a trainer. Assuming this is for every character and not a single item, which I hope.

People will always find something to complain about. If you don't like the free gifts - don't order ahead of time....period. If they decide to sell them later on - well, I didn't have to pay for it to begin with so I don't care.

Is there a way to pre-order and _not_ to receive this useless cosmetic junk? I have cargo hold full of cosmetic stuff, that serve no purpose at all.

Would pre-order without any cosmetic junk.

Title and pet don't need cargo space. The holo teacher could be useful.

Will NOT pre-order without some idea of exactly the quantity or quality of content included in the expansion. Leaning towards not ordering at all.

RoTHC was originally just "the largest free expansion ever - Makeb" and it's not clear if it's anything more than the vaporware BW announced at E3. I love Star Wars and like parts of this game, but I have zero faith in BioWare and negative faith in EA - you've used up all your goodwill, so won't order until you provide some concrete details and at least something showing gameplay.

Ordering off a trailer? Seriously? Maybe if this were the same Bioware of several years ago, but not now.

Why can't I pre-order it with my pay-pal account only? It shows a credit/debit card as my only option. I'm asking, because the damn thing expired and I'm too lazy to deal with it right now. So I was looking at alternatives, but there are none.

Why can't I pre-order it with my pay-pal account only? It shows a credit/debit card as my only option. I'm asking, because the damn thing expired and I'm too lazy to deal with it right now. So I was looking at alternatives, but there are none.

Let me use Paypal just fine? Think it defaults to your last use/choice .. just change it in your account

Edited by Ighten