Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

JediRios

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's this for a ***** twister?

What if they make Ahsoka disappear and...."dramatic drumroll"....resurface in Episode 7. O.O

Won't happen, Lucas has no power, n it was his fault they made her stupid character in the first place n Asucka just isn't well liked enough, except by kids n teens, many of whom have never and will never watch the films, n will prolly lose intrest in star wars a few weeks after the stupid cartoon is finally cancelled. Thank god man now hopefully they'll never add Togrutans to this game. Cuz there are enuf old school fans pissed bout the dumb cartoon Anakin hair, how do you think they'll react to hundreds of stupid kids with Asucka doppleganger toons?

Won't happen, Lucas has no power, n it was his fault they made her stupid character in the first place n Asucka just isn't well liked enough, except by kids n teens, many of whom have never and will never watch the films, n will prolly lose intrest in star wars a few weeks after the stupid cartoon is finally cancelled. Thank god man now hopefully they'll never add Togrutans to this game. Cuz there are enuf old school fans pissed bout the dumb cartoon Anakin hair, how do you think they'll react to hundreds of stupid kids with Asucka doppleganger toons?

I'm sorry, a what? Yes, there are times where she needs help, but she's, what, 17 in the current season? I wouldn't call her a 'damsel in distress'.

She's 17, and already a General in the Republic Military?

Isn't she still an apprentice?

Sometimes I wonder if the Republic would ever win without the "Herp Derp Good Guy handicap" thing going for them.

I deny the existance of the clone wars serrie.

I do like ashoka tano but she shoudnt be a jedi let alone his padawan because it is clear annikan is still obi's padawan in revenge of the sith.

Meaby a gunslinger or something that helps him.

*resist sexual jokes*

Edited by internaty

I deny the existance of the clone wars serrie.

I do like ashoka tano but she shoudnt be a jedi let alone his padawan because it is clear annikan is still obi's padawan in revenge of the sith.

Meaby a gunslinger or something that helps him.

*resist sexual jokes*

Anakin isn't a padawan to Obi-Wan anymore, hes a full fledged Jedi Knight. Hes just paired with Obi-Wan for missions, because they work so well together and all that noise.

• 3 weeks later...
I like Ahsoka and this isn't the first series to show age progression (it's actually fairly common in anime. Dragonball is an excellent reference. Goku started off as a kid and gradually grew up over many years and we could see him getting taller, filling out more, etc etc.). More than physically, Ahsoka has matured mentally as well. She has learned well from her mistakes and points out those than Anakin is making based on his own feelings.

So far as he has not been made out to be stronger than the Masters. And if people think that's somehow uncommon in SW, it isn't. Feck, look at SWTOR. Consular goes from Padawan to Knight to Master inside a few months and becomes one of the top Force Users of the time. Bane became stronger than his masters (who, really, were all pushovers except Kas'im). It's a common occurrence with Main Characters that they tend to become as strong, if not stronger, than their teachers.

However, Ahsoka has not displayed any such sign of being an uber-powerful Jedi. Strong? Yes, but that comes with being a major player in the continuing story. As far as that goes, she will become as strong as she needs to be given the situations she is put in, but may never reach Anakin's level.

As for Darth Maul. Well look, we've had Sith who've survived as a head in a jar. Maul with robot legs isn't that big of a stretch.

Actually it is 3-5 years. But you do make a good point.

Actually it is 3-5 years. But you do make a good point.

no he doesnt, not about Mauls balls anyway, never heard of the sith head in a jar, it sounds cool but its definatly not the same thing as the Maul thing. Cuz thats a total cop out idea n not good or creative at all, a good creative idea would be making a newer better villian, not making up some half assed excuse to bring one back to life thats already gone over with fans, its just weak writing man, n here people are making excuses for it!!! This is why Star Wars has gone so far downhill.

or they coulda brought back a semi unknown sith from the comics or novels n it coulda been really cool, even as a head in a jar, then at least theyre relying on creativity n trying something different not just falling back on a movie face.

Edit: For the record I don't think adding in a whiney, anorexic looking teenage girl to the story is original either.

Edited by Brunnis_G

• 2 weeks later...
Not really, when you go around saying stuff like your favorite BH companion is Skadge, makes me think your either playing devils advocate n not really being serious, or you're in love with pointless characters.

I think Skade is well fleshed out as a psycho path and hardened convict. Just like Ahsoka is entertaning as a brash, hot headed young Jedi amazon.

But if Skadge creeps you out so much you can stick with your Jar Jar Binks and Ewok fantasies.

no he doesnt, not about Mauls balls anyway, never heard of the sith head in a jar, it sounds cool but its definatly not the same thing as the Maul thing. Cuz thats a total cop out idea n not good or creative at all, a good creative idea would be making a newer better villian, not making up some half assed excuse to bring one back to life thats already gone over with fans, its just weak writing man, n here people are making excuses for it!!! This is why Star Wars has gone so far downhill.

or they coulda brought back a semi unknown sith from the comics or novels n it coulda been really cool, even as a head in a jar, then at least theyre relying on creativity n trying something different not just falling back on a movie face.

Edit: For the record I don't think adding in a whiney, anorexic looking teenage girl to the story is original either.

a) Learn to write correctly.

b) Darth Maul had what i call the "Boba Fett Effect". He was an incredibly awesome and mysterious character that people wanted to know more about. The whole Maul-coming-back thing isn't too far-fetched when you think about it in the long run. I personally love Maul, and he is one of the main reasons I have such a love for Sith characters. They are mysterios and bad***, which gives them a cooler edge. It's a true shame they don't win more.

c) I can't say I'm a fan of Ashoka, although I do get the reasoning for putting her into the show. It was a stunt for Anakin's character development. Skywalker is kinda the star of the show, and a huge deal (he's the Chosen One, for cryin' out loud!). The writers believed Anakin needed an apprentice to give viewers a better understanding of Anakin's growth. It's pretty genius when you think about it.

So i have tried to get into watching clone wars but I just can't. Ahsoka just annoys the hell out of me and i hate the attitude she give to jedi masters such as obi wan and even a jedi like anakin. Anakin was bad enough being a whiny padawan but i can stand ahsoka! I don't understand why people like the series so much. I also feel like she is overpowered for a padawan, and sometimes she makes anakin in and obi wan look stupid which is kinda ridiculous. I did like the old clone wars series however as it showed much more action and the fights were way more epic than the ones in the new clone wars imo. So....Whats your opinion? What do you think of Ashoka?

lol i'm probally the only 1 that doesn't think anakin was whinny at all he's my favorite character before he gets the suit

now on the subject of ahsoka i don't hate her but i find episodes with her kinda boring if they don't have anakin or ob1 in it expect for like 1

Edited by Zaxem

lol i'm probally the only 1 that doesn't think anakin was whinny at all he's my favorite character before he gets the suit

now on the subject of ahsoka i don't hate her but i find episodes with her kinda boring if they don't have anakin or ob1 in it expect for like 1

No your not, I don't think he was either.

a) Learn to write correctly.

b) Darth Maul had what i call the "Boba Fett Effect". He was an incredibly awesome and mysterious character that people wanted to know more about. The whole Maul-coming-back thing isn't too far-fetched when you think about it in the long run. I personally love Maul, and he is one of the main reasons I have such a love for Sith characters. They are mysterios and bad***, which gives them a cooler edge. It's a true shame they don't win more.

c) I can't say I'm a fan of Ashoka, although I do get the reasoning for putting her into the show. It was a stunt for Anakin's character development. Skywalker is kinda the star of the show, and a huge deal (he's the Chosen One, for cryin' out loud!). The writers believed Anakin needed an apprentice to give viewers a better understanding of Anakin's growth. It's pretty genius when you think about it.

Nah, he's got a point man. Your favorite Sith is Darth Maul?!?! So your ideal villian is someone with no personality who hardly ever says anything, he's right, your in love with a movie face, just admit it man.

Edit: and you forgot to capitilize the I in "I call"

Edited by Beans_of_steel

Nah, he's got a point man. Your favorite Sith is Darth Maul?!?! So your ideal villian is someone with no personality who hardly ever says anything, he's right, your in love with a movie face, just admit it man.

Darth Maul's my favourite Sith too. In the Phantom Menace, he just looked bad***** and cool. The horns, the tattoos, the lightsaber, the vehicles, his fighting technique. Even the few bits of dialogue he had. He displayed a lot of personality in his silent presence and it appealed to my younger self. I'm glad they're expanding on him.

As for Ahsoka, I'd like it if she turned to the dark side. It would be an obvious indicator that Anakin is himself leaning towards the dark side, would be a good reason why she isn't mentioned later on, and if she is becomes apprentice to Maul then it legitimizes him as a character and a threat.

I'm not the biggest fan of the new series in general, but the main reason I don't like Ahsoka is the gaping hole she leaves in the reasoning of the characters and events in Episode III and afterwards. Since she doesn't appear in the events after the show, it's only logical to think that she either dies or disappears/leaves. In either of those cases, don't you think a character would find it worth bringing up at some point during Episode III? Especially in a scene like the appointing of Anakin to the council and when he eventually betrayed the Jedi?

In the actual show I feel like they could have presented her in a better way as well. Her character is basically a smaller (and more annoying) Anakin, and I think she is part of the reason that characters like Asajj Ventress are underestimated when she can stand up to them in a fight while being just a padawan. I understand that the writers probably wanted a character for the show's teen viewers to relate to and like because of her "rebellious" attitude, but to create a character that important in Anakin's life doesn't make sense when she is never mentioned in any of the events afterwards.

That's just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. :)

Edit: and you forgot to capitilize the I in "I call"

i didnt say Maul was my favorite Sith. Exar Kun is my favorite Sith