New Character Slot for 600 tokens did not open up.

JackStarr

I'm kind of pissed I spent 600 Cartel tokens for a new character slot and it did not become unlocked.

I had 13 slots used from transfers so I bought a 14th Charater slot and it didn't work that fourteenth slot is not there.

Since I had to buy Cartel coins to buy this feature I'm really miffed it didn't work.

Great Job

Please fix ASAP

If you had 13 characters then buying the "14th slot" actually got you your 13th slot. They stated in the patch notes that they would be enforcing the 12 character limit. From what I recall, that means that if you have more than 12 (for a sub) from merges then you would have to choose which 12 are "active".

The only ways you could use the 13th at that point would be to buy another slot or delete a character (unconfirmed).

They aren't scamming you. You got what you paid for.

I'm kind of pissed I spent 600 Cartel tokens for a new character slot and it did not become unlocked.

I had 13 slots used from transfers so I bought a 14th Charater slot and it didn't work that fourteenth slot is not there.

Since I had to buy Cartel coins to buy this feature I'm really miffed it didn't work.

Great Job

Please fix ASAP

If you're a sub, you only get 12 slots per server by default: if you have more chars due to mergers, you can use them all but you need to pay for the extras before you get even more (so in your case, you need to pay _another_ 600 CC to get a 14th slot).

At least, that's the way I read the patch notes. Sorry to be the bearer of possibly bad news. :(

I've heard that people with more (say 16) show as 16/16 slots used. THIS should be fixed to read 16/12 slots.

I'm curious if my statement above about having to choose which 12 you want to have active is true? Can a player that previously had 16 toons play all 16 or does he have to make a choice or buy four slots?

Why would you expect to have 1 more character than anyone else?

An argument can be made that by forcing server consolidation, the player may never have created more than X on a server, why should he be forced to either delete a character or pay extra to create a new character. In any case, it is a blatant cash grab on the part of Bioware.

I personally have max toons on 2 different servers...several are just there to hold names, but in both cases 3-6 characters got 'joined' to max by involuntary merges. I have no problem deleting some since with the merges, obviously no need to save the name. But if I just liked fiddling around with tons of alts, this would make it harder. So, basically, they're forcing players to pay for the solution to a problem Bioware created.

I've heard that people with more (say 16) show as 16/16 slots used. THIS should be fixed to read 16/12 slots.

I'm curious if my statement above about having to choose which 12 you want to have active is true? Can a player that previously had 16 toons play all 16 or does he have to make a choice or buy four slots?

If you had more than 12 slots full, you can play all of your characters, but cannot create new ones until you have available slots.

Well I have a similar issue, but I was at 12/12 slots and trying to open the 13th slot for a new toon. After the 600 CC purchase (the coins were deducted form my total and is in the ledger) upon logging into the character select/create screen no option to create another toon. While the OP made an error based on clumsy description, I however it would seem have gotten fleeced for the 600 coins with no response back yet from CS.

If any CS rep sees this I would like to know if this is a known issue that I have not found yet or am I suffering from yet something else hell bent on ruining my day today?

Well I have a similar issue, but I was at 12/12 slots and trying to open the 13th slot for a new toon. After the 600 CC purchase (the coins were deducted form my total and is in the ledger) upon logging into the character select/create screen no option to create another toon. While the OP made an error based on clumsy description, I however it would seem have gotten fleeced for the 600 coins with no response back yet from CS.

If any CS rep sees this I would like to know if this is a known issue that I have not found yet or am I suffering from yet something else hell bent on ruining my day today?

Your current duty station must be pretty cush if this is ruining your day. ;)

Your current duty station must be pretty cush if this is ruining your day. ;)

I'm out now, have been for about 10 years.

But between this and my ex trying to use my daughter as a pawn, AGAIN my day has been effectively shot.

I think the problem is how to deal with the server mergers. I think they were being fair by letting people over 12 characters keep all characters and be playable.

Then the problem is how to deal with after the fact of server mergers, f2p , and character creator cap.

Thinking practically, 12 is the default limit, a person should pay for every character slot. Consider it paying for what you got for free, and then paying more for what you want.

Also we have to assume people were not scamming the system by creating extra characters to get more than 12 slots as well... so trying to deal with this in the best way... it makes sense to charge people according to what everyone else is paying and the people with more than 12 characters before sever merge got a free bonus. They should see it as something positive.

When i get to over 12 characters, I will have to pay 600 cc like everyone else. I dont get a 'free trial' period like the people during the server megers got when they had over 12 characters.

Edited by VegaPhone

I think the problem is how to deal with the server mergers. I think they were being fair by letting people over 12 characters keep all characters and be playable.

Then the problem is how to deal with after the fact of server mergers, f2p , and character creator cap.

Thinking practically, 12 is the default limit, a person should pay for every character slot. Consider it paying for what you got for free, and then paying more for what you want.

Also we have to assume people were not scamming the system by creating extra characters to get more than 12 slots as well... so trying to deal with this in the best way... it makes sense to charge people according to what everyone else is paying and the people with more than 12 characters before sever merge got a free bonus. They should see it as something positive.

When i get to over 12 characters, I will have to pay 600 cc like everyone else. I dont get a 'free trial' period like the people during the server megers got when they had over 12 characters.

Although I'm not directly affected by more than 12 characters.

Personally I still think Bioware EA should have grandfathered in extra character due to server merges (which weren't the players fault), think this would have been a goodwill issue that would have cost them next to nothing in the longterm, rather than the current attitude which seems to be basically

. :(

Although I'm not directly affected by more than 12 characters.

Personally I still think Bioware EA should have grandfathered in extra character due to server merges (which weren't the players fault), think this would have been a goodwill issue that would have cost them next to nothing in the longterm, rather than the current attitude which seems to be basically

. :(

and yet there's still the lingering problem of it being a little 'unfair' to grand people the possibility to play 16 chars on the same server (meaning they can play with their friends, use the legacy perks and so on) just because once upon a time they created 8 chars on different servers to have 'place holders', when other people were genuine and only created chars they actually played.

then of course there's the people who had 8 republic chars on one server, and 8 imps on the other. sure they shouldn't be puniched for bioware's mistakes, but why are they 'more important' than people who say only created a total of 8 chars before they never thought about that or didn't want to play on a different server?

or people like me who had their republic chars on a us pvp server - and their imperial chars on a eu pve server? granted this has more to do with my european friends playing empire, but for the most part is was due to me simply wanting to see all the different storylines and test around a little (mind you this was before free respecs, and a heal scoundel and a dps ops play very differently)

ive got the same problem waiting on a cs person to answer my ticket too

things in the cartel market need to be advertised properly or its miss selling simple as that.

It is well explained in the patch notes. However, i agree that it should be clarified as well in the cartel market itself.

and yet there's still the lingering problem of it being a little 'unfair' to grand people the possibility to play 16 chars on the same server (meaning they can play with their friends, use the legacy perks and so on) just because once upon a time they created 8 chars on different servers to have 'place holders', when other people were genuine and only created chars they actually played.

then of course there's the people who had 8 republic chars on one server, and 8 imps on the other. sure they shouldn't be puniched for bioware's mistakes, but why are they 'more important' than people who say only created a total of 8 chars before they never thought about that or didn't want to play on a different server?

or people like me who had their republic chars on a us pvp server - and their imperial chars on a eu pve server? granted this has more to do with my european friends playing empire, but for the most part is was due to me simply wanting to see all the different storylines and test around a little (mind you this was before free respecs, and a heal scoundel and a dps ops play very differently)

People can just buy extra slots if they need them.

But I think that for people forced onto one server it's a small but fair bonus.

People can just buy extra slots if they need them.

But I think that for people forced onto one server it's a small but fair bonus.

eh. no. the whole issue we have now is that you CAN'T buy more slots. subs are STILL restricted to 12 char slots per server.

my entire point is that the limit 12 is ridiculous. 16 would make far more sense (granted for some people even 16 is not enough since they want to replay a story with different options, want to see how a story unfolds if you play it with a different gender or whatever, but 12 is just 'halfway there')

Edited by amnie

I had 16 of 16 and it read 16 of 16 active and so game did not make it clear I would not get a 17th slot. I did read patch notes in that way though but it was not exactly clear. if I never read patch notes I would have had no idea the unlock would not have given me another slot even with patch notes it ws more assumption on my part because of lack of evidence in game. I decided to test anyway to find out as of the 16 characters I only used 12 so far so when It never worked I deleted the 4 I never used to make a new character. They do need to make it a bit more clear though as there was no in game way to tell that I would not unlcok an additonal slot. Edited by sableyes

eh. no. the whole issue we have now is that you CAN'T buy more slots. subs are STILL restricted to 12 char slots per server.

my entire point is that the limit 12 is ridiculous. 16 would make far more sense (granted for some people even 16 is not enough since they want to replay a story with different options, want to see how a story unfolds if you play it with a different gender or whatever, but 12 is just 'halfway there')

Actually, those who have 12 slots active because they're subscribed, will get a thirteenth slot when using the Cartelmarket Character Slot item thingy. Tested and confirmed.

However, those who had more than 12 active slots before the last patch, possible due to server mergers, will first need to unlock their existing "extra" slots, before they get yet more slots.

So for example OP had active 13 character slots on one server due to server mergers. The first extra slot he bought only enabled the 13th slot he already had, probably in case he deleted that 13th character. To unlock the 14th slot, he'd have to buy yet another 600cr unlock.

The OP seemed to suggest they'd changed that.

Fair enough if they haven't (although then you shouldn't be able to apply unlocks in the first place), but certainly they were intending to open up subs to at least 16 slots per server for everyone (if you bought them).

But yes I absolutely and completely agree 16 per server should have been the subscriber amount (and I've argued for that since May 2012 now), but as the accountants at Bioware EA don't seem to like that idea (:() and basically it is dismissed out of hand by Bioware EA, at least the grandfathered idea is reasonable compromise.