Can we not buy this 'Expansion' with Cartel Coins?

Lionflash

It's hard to defend this descision without doing so. As far as I know, (and I've clicked on pre-order, it doesn't let you buy it with CC) you can only buy it with money. After looking through the FAQ section for this 'expansion' again, there is no other method.

The Cartel Coins are a currency for this game, I don't see why it isn't an option. To everyone saying that BW is charging $$ for content from subscribers... if you simply aloud us to pay for it with Cartel Coins it would no longer be a kick in the pants.

With our monthly allowance of CC (between 500 - 700 depending on your situation) it would be easy to save up for the expansion. Especially after knowing when it's coming in advance. If it happends to cost 1200 CC for subscribers then it's easy to save that much for a few months. Now I'm going to have over 3000 CC (I assume) by that time sitting in my bank and I still have to spend money?

What the sith?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welll, I don't know what BW will do next Spring, but I'd say that at the present it makes sense. I mean, you spend Cartel coins in the Cartel shop in the game, right? And there's no expansion in the game yet....

So the pre-order, out of game, is in $. Mind you, no guarantee that once it goes live it'll be a Cartel shop unlock, but since Section X is, I assume.......

It simply doesn't make sense.

LotRO and DDO do this without issue.

If I am not mistaken Everquest expansions can be brought with Station Cash.

My only theory is that they don't want subscribers (us, the people who supported their game) to use our unspent credits and get it without paying extra.

If they allow it to be purchased with Cartel Coins, then they lose the extra revenue from current subscribers. Would it be a nice thing for them to do? Yes. Are they going to? Probably not :(

Most if not all other Freemium game with subscribers do allow you to though.

It seem to be yet another case of them trying to nickle and dime their subscribers. :mad:

Then this needs to be stated now.............. rather than trying to fish subscribers into paying direct cash for somthing they don't need to. :mad:

Equally that could mean that F2Per have to buy the expansion and the CH4 quest as seperate entities. :eek:

Edited by Goretzu

This is exactly why you can't buy it with Cartel Coins.

I understand they will make more money if they don't allow it to be bought with CC. But if it costs (1500?) CC, and a subscriber subs for 3 months to save up the coins he/she has spent 45$ on subs for the game. Surely some slack needs to be cut here...

I'm not asking for a handout, I've been saving up my CC for content updates and now I can't use them. I would give up the 5 day head start if they sold the 'expansion' on the Cartel Shop.

How many people said we would be able to use our CC for content?

Now to those people I say... How come I can't pre order this right now with my CC.

I'll wait for them to say "wait and see" :rolleyes:

That is what we were told before.

Its always the same people, they never seem to get sick of being wrong. :confused:

There is nothing stating that.

preordering prior to january 7 - gives you 5 days early access.

I have a very strong feeling that they will open it up to cartel coin purchases after that, or as soon as it goes life. will cost same relative amount for subscribers (I'm guessing around 1k cartel coins give or take, which is how much you can get for $10)

It simply doesn't make sense.

LotRO and DDO do this without issue.

You can never PRE-ORDER content on DDO through the in-game store. You CAN buy it after it's been released to the subscribers/purchasers.

This is pre-order. Want to spend your in-game coins? Wait 'til it's been released.

If they are charging non-subs 20 bucks for this, it comes out to around 2750 CC for the expansion (don't expect to get a discount if they let you use CC's). If you pre-pay for 6 months of sub time and use a security key you are still looking at 4 months of freebie coins at a minimum to get this.

In other words it doesn't matter if they don't let you use CC's or not...you're still going to pay for it either by purchasing CC's or by just paying the flat fee...unless you want to be 2-4 months behind the content curve depending on whether or not you saved your freebie allocation (and I just bet you didn't...).