Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Hunter and Trooper Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Bounty Hunter and Trooper Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KendraP
03.18.2020 , 07:14 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
I'm sorry for the confusing wording on my end, I have updated the original post. Our main focus with these Class changes across the board are to adjust how healing works. A majority of these changes are focused on other Classes, but there are a few general changes happening for Bounty Hunters and Troopers.
In what way was that supposed to be an answer to the question that was asked?

Anyaka_Jedi
03.18.2020 , 09:37 PM | #12
- Please fix Oil fire tactical to give DR as per tooltip instead of armor rating that we dont need. Can it also be simplified, to give DR on Firestorm or on Oilslick? It is really unwieldy to prime adds with oilslick and then hit them with firestorm

- Make Superheated fuel work similar to both vgs and pts alike

- the vet ranger setbonus is fun in theory, only in tactics using ionwave just tanks your energy management considerably, as it isnt part of the standard rotation. Would be interesting to see if the change to the 4set will help with that issue.

Beyrahl
03.18.2020 , 11:58 PM | #13
Also, forgot to mention, could we have it go off of shatter slug/flak shell instead of searing wave/ion wave?

Galoomp
03.19.2020 , 12:32 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by toomanyluigis View Post
Apex predator is worthless since it only give the the damage increase and free tracer/PS/RapidScan at 5 stacks and consumes it..
Apex Predator needs to be buffed for sure. Also it is not criting correctly on the PTS, the stacks aren't adding +10% crit to Rapid Scan. Appears only then first and fifth stack is working correctly.

Pew Pew

Sandrosw
03.19.2020 , 01:19 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
In what way was that supposed to be an answer to the question that was asked?
As a sorc healer I read it "Merc healers don't need any changes, they perform exactly as we want them to, please buy a new character slot and reroll to merc"

More seriously, it seems that either the changes to merc healing are either missing on PTS (as in they were not added in yet) or there will really be no changes, in which case I am... rather surprised, given how much they changed for a sorc and even with the changes the numbers/resource management are nowhere near merc. But whatever, if merc healer should be a new FOTY so be it... as long as any other combination of healers is viable for all nim content.
Darth Marr shall rise again.

Prepare for His return

Ahwassa
03.19.2020 , 02:06 AM | #16
No changes to merc healer at all?
I mean good for them but this class is so boring/easy now.

A change to make heat managment more interesting would have been great but whatever.
Spamming Kolto Missile it is.

Anyaka_Jedi
03.19.2020 , 03:20 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sandrosw View Post
As a sorc healer I read it "Merc healers don't need any changes, they perform exactly as we want them to, please buy a new character slot and reroll to merc"

More seriously, it seems that either the changes to merc healing are either missing on PTS (as in they were not added in yet) or there will really be no changes, in which case I am... rather surprised, given how much they changed for a sorc and even with the changes the numbers/resource management are nowhere near merc. But whatever, if merc healer should be a new FOTY so be it... as long as any other combination of healers is viable for all nim content.
From the second dev post, it seems to me that they're not changing the way mercs heal but adjusting the healing numbers...

GhOsTPrOz
03.19.2020 , 06:50 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Anyaka_Jedi View Post
- Please fix Oil fire tactical to give DR as per tooltip instead of armor rating that we dont need. Can it also be simplified, to give DR on Firestorm or on Oilslick? It is really unwieldy to prime adds with oilslick and then hit them with firestorm

- Make Superheated fuel work similar to both vgs and pts alike

- the vet ranger setbonus is fun in theory, only in tactics using ionwave just tanks your energy management considerably, as it isnt part of the standard rotation. Would be interesting to see if the change to the 4set will help with that issue.
This. So much this! Can you please fix our tactical or give us a new one that actually works ?
<Tragic Heroes> Star Forge
<It's A Trap> Darth Malgus
http://tragicheroes.enjin.com/
Free stuff - http://www.swtor.com/r/XsKLPx

sebakonkol
03.19.2020 , 10:22 AM | #19
I`m so eager to get Veteran Ranger now. I think this set will provide great burst increase in PvP, but still got only 1 part. Arsenal buff is nice, but small. I think I`ll run Concentrated Fire set on my merc even if Apex Predator gets buffed, because this set allows me to run high alac build (2374 alac on arsenal) efficiently on this spec, with high hits on PvP
I also agree that Burning Bright could use some buff. Having rarely 70k priming on PvP is nice, but its still random. I`d like it to give 100% crit chance on priming shot as well, and maybe some other buff to keep up with Priming Ignition. Where it comes to merc heal, its so sad that it gets no changes

KumbayaGOD
03.19.2020 , 10:41 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hello everyone!

In addition to The Nature of Progress Operation getting Master Mode and the new Set Bonuses, Game Update 6.1.1 will see some Class changes. Our main focus with these Class changes across the board are to adjust how healing works. A majority of these changes are focused on other Classes, but there are a few general changes happening for Bounty Hunters and Troopers. Below you will find a list of these changes that can be found on the most recent PTS build.

Powertech / Vanguard

• The Veteran Ranger set bonus has changed:
    • 4 piece: Dealing damage with Shoulder Cannon grants Salvo, increasing Shoulder Cannon damage by 3% for 5 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times. In addition, while Shoulder Cannon loads missiles, you vent 2 heat per second.

Mercenary / Commando

Arsenal / Gunnery

• Power Launcher / Charged Launcher now increases the damage of Rail Shot / High Impact Bolt, Tracer Missile / Grav Round, Heatseeker Missiles / Demolition Round and Electro Net by 10% (up from 5%)

Let us know what your thoughts! Please tell us if you think certain changes make a class overpowered or underpowered. Currently these are all of the planned changes for Bounty Hunters and Troopers. If any more changes are made, I will be sure to update this thread accordingly!

anyone can explain to me what is power launcher/charged launcher abilities ?
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE