Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Juggernaut and Guardian Set Bonus in 6.1.1 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
New Juggernaut and Guardian Set Bonus in 6.1.1 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
03.05.2020 , 03:30 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone!

With 6.1.1 coming to PTS, Juggernauts and Guardians will be getting a new Set Bonus. Below you can find the "Fulminating Defense" Set Bonus. This Set Bonus will be the guaranteed Juggernaut/Guardian Set Bonus from the Master Mode difficulty of The Nature of Progress Operation. (Note: This Set Bonus will also have a small chance to be gotten via the random boxes from either Kai Zykken or the Spoils of War Vendor.)

Juggernaut:

(2) +2% Endurance
(4) Threatening Scream gets two charges.
(6) Endure Pain increases Elemental and Internal damage reduction by 75% for 3 seconds.

Guardian:

(2) +2% Endurance
(4) Challenging Call gets two charges.
(6) Enure increases Elemental and Internal damage reduction by 75% for 3 seconds.

Let us know your thoughts! This Set Bonus can be obtained from a vendor on Odessen for testing. The team is specifically looking for feedback on how effective this Set Bonus is on the Master Mode version of The Nature of Progress Operation. It is our intention that this Set Bonus isn't required to beat this difficulty, but it offers extra help with certain mechanics players may experience.
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

OOOYYY
03.05.2020 , 05:11 PM | #2
This sounds like a really nice bonus for tanks that would make playing the class more fun. It makes me sad that this will only be available by repeatedly farming a single mode of a single operation, while the current tank set bonus, Lord of Pain, remains broken.

KendraP
03.05.2020 , 05:39 PM | #3
I second this opinion. I guess this is what the "but MMers need exclusive gear!" Got us? So much for fixing the issues that already exist too, I suppose.

OOOYYY
03.05.2020 , 06:47 PM | #4
It's more than that, too. Only a tiny sliver of players will achieve, or even pursue, this bonus. But this bonus requires that the class mass taunt be on the charge system for everyone. So everyone else loses the countdown timer for this key ability (and maybe the Lord of Pain bonus). It's not clear why it is necessary to negatively impact the vast majority of players so that a vocal few can chase an elusive prize.

FridgeLM
03.05.2020 , 06:57 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by OOOYYY View Post
It's more than that, too. Only a tiny sliver of players will achieve, or even pursue, this bonus. But this bonus requires that the class mass taunt be on the charge system for everyone. So everyone else loses the countdown timer for this key ability (and maybe the Lord of Pain bonus). It's not clear why it is necessary to negatively impact the vast majority of players so that a vocal few can chase an elusive prize.
I have sympathy for this issue but that's a problem for the UI engineers. CD numbers definitely need to show for abilities with charges but that's no reason not to implement a set bonus.

Also, threatening scream is already on that system in the live game so this wouldn't change anything.
<Death and Taxes>

KendraP
03.05.2020 , 07:01 PM | #6
Can't fix broken cd timers or implement any way other than RNG to get bis mods, but they sure can create nee aet bonuses for everyone, when most are useless. And the ones that arent useless are only avaliable to what 0.5% of players?

I'm so glad BW has their priorites straight.

aslater
03.05.2020 , 08:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by OOOYYY View Post
Wouldnt be surprised if this broke lord of pain. I mean Warmonger is still busted ever since they introduced the charge system.

This set is so '/facepalm' Devs don't get it. Why make a niche set that 99.9 % of the class population won't care about, yet everyone has to live with the consequences of this garbage set even existing.....ridiculous.

KendraP
03.05.2020 , 08:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by aslater View Post
Wouldnt be surprised if this broke lord of pain. I mean Warmonger is still busted ever since they introduced the charge system.

This set is so '/facepalm' Devs don't get it. Why make a niche set that 99.9 % of the class population won't care about, yet everyone has to live with the consequences of this garbage set even existing.....ridiculous.
Because apparently the one thing they do listen to is "MMers need better rewards". Fine, but what about the simple QOL changes for the rest of us?

OOOYYY
03.06.2020 , 05:30 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by FridgeLM View Post
I have sympathy for this issue but that's a problem for the UI engineers. CD numbers definitely need to show for abilities with charges but that's no reason not to implement a set bonus.

Also, threatening scream is already on that system in the live game so this wouldn't change anything.
Those are good points. The only reason that threatening scream/challenging call is on the charge system now, however, is to make this set bonus possible. And maybe the reason the countdown numbers don't currently show is that it is technically difficult to make that happen. Unless there is an immediate fix for the countdown timer and the Lord of Pain bonus, I think the priority should be on the 99%, not the 1%. So I would propose:

(1) Take threatening scream/challenging call off the charge system. This would hopefully fix the countdown timer and Lord of Pain bonus problems, thus not disadvantaging the vast majority of players.
(2) Change the 4-piece set bonus to reduce the cooldown on threatening scream/challenging call by 10/15/20 seconds. This would make it superior to Lord of Pain and reasonably similar in effect to the proposed bonus.

phalczen
03.06.2020 , 01:12 PM | #10
Any images of the set?
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.