Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Planetary Bonus Mission Conversion Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Planetary Bonus Mission Conversion Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JarenWelen
03.06.2020 , 08:52 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You must have completed your Class Story on the respective planet for them to be available:
Will players who auto-complete their story (i.e. for KOTFE, Ossus, Onslaught, etc.) be able to access these?
Zhalle / Kayl'ik / Arxxis
Founder/Beta Tester

chaharbagh
03.06.2020 , 10:06 AM | #22
Speaking of planetary missions, will certain NPCs that grant missions (Heroic or otherwise) be restored. Quite a few have been missing for a while. Travi Pott on Ord Mantell, Geric on Hutta, Agent Essor on Alderaan (and Surik Varr), just to name a few.
Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever has not kindness has not faith. -Muhammad (Peace be upon him)

http://www.swtor.com/r/fCXTh4

GrievousReborn
03.06.2020 , 10:20 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ZolanSilverspear View Post
So.... Planetary Bonus Series are daily repeatable. There is no Weekly Mission. They are still flagged as exploration missions, so they are still semi-hidden. Everything is literally the same, including rewards, dialogue, quest givers.

I do not see any reason for this change, not that I see any harm in it. It is just an exercise in futility imao. They had become, for quite a while now, a bunch of quests that very few people know they existed, and fewer still actually bothered to do more than once.So now they are repeatable.... Errr.... Okay....
Well I want them to keep the Mission called bonus series, quest givers and dialogue the same and keep the story of it intact my biggest fear is they'd get rid of thst but I agree that they should change the quest rewards

ZolanSilverspear
03.06.2020 , 11:28 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JarenWelen View Post
Will players who auto-complete their story (i.e. for KOTFE, Ossus, Onslaught, etc.) be able to access these?
That wasn't a variable before, they have no relation to "class stories" they are the continuation of planetary stories. That said, beyond the current level cap(requirement? min level... etc. etc.), they are currently (in live, not pts) available as soon as you set foot on the planets.

Time consuming to double check in pts, I highly doubt they would have added "finish class story first" requirement out of the blue though.

ZeridanShear
03.06.2020 , 12:16 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Well I can't comment on why it was decided, and having not completed them all yet I'm not sure what reward would be appropriate, but I think it's nice to have some extra options in terms of things to do, and I like the idea of "rescuing" content that might be obscure to many players and making it repeatable. Particularly content where the dialogue makes some references to players' unique class experiences.
Oh completely agree. The more variety the better!

I'm just hoping they make them worthwhile pursuing too. For instance, it'd be great if they tag the missions as [DAILY] and put the [WEEKLY] in the Activity Finder where the Heroic missions are too.

ZeridanShear
03.06.2020 , 12:25 PM | #26
Another item of note: what about the Exploration missions that are found in the bonus areas? Are those going to be dailies as well, or left as exploration?

Raistalion
03.06.2020 , 06:36 PM | #27
As someone who is trying to record the story of their characters through the various cut-scenes and a fan of the Planetary Mission chains, please do not remove any of the cut-scenes from these places, the loss of many based around Heroics previously even if they had no impact on your story did have a lot of interesting little flashes of what life was like for the NPC's.

I see that some people have logged onto PTS to check to see if the Bonus Mission cut-scenes are intact, has anyone checked to see if the hand-in ones are? A lot of the missions that got turned into dailies/weeklies keep the original scene but then forgo the hand-in cut-scene in favour of a stock line of Dialog and a Accept button.
(Vedros anima est mea!)

casirabit
03.06.2020 , 07:56 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Well I can't comment on why it was decided, and having not completed them all yet I'm not sure what reward would be appropriate, but I think it's nice to have some extra options in terms of things to do, and I like the idea of "rescuing" content that might be obscure to many players and making it repeatable. Particularly content where the dialogue makes some references to players' unique class experiences.
The rewards do need to be changed based on the level of your character, especially if we can do the bonus for conquest. Most of these rewards are useless for level 75. If they don't want to give higher-level rewards for those level, then give me more credits instead of these rewards.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Nemmar
03.06.2020 , 09:59 PM | #29
This looks like a good idea, but i too think that rewards need an update, but like every other weekly around. A purple crate is surely not much to ask.

CherryFlight
03.07.2020 , 02:11 AM | #30
The newly-repeatable Belsavis has some bugs. [ETA: impside imperial agent]

1: If you choose the [Refuse Mission] option in the initial conversation, it gives you the next stage of the quest anyway (though you canít talk to Vorel, even though you can enter the instance)

2: I ran into a bug on the first step of the chain for Locke, after freeing the gang members, the game prompted me to return to Locke, and the map marker updated to match. However, the NPC seems to be checking my existing completed state and not the currently running repeatable, since he doesnít initiate conversation and just says something about the experiments being up and running soon.

This second one was resistant to both zoning out to stronghold and back in, and to logging out and back in. Fully exiting and restarting the client, unfortunately, didnít fix the problem either.