Red Sphere Mount

idnewton

This mount must have an incredibly low drop rate, or is bugged and does not drop at all. According to Dulfy, a few Harbinger players have it, but aside from that I have not seen anyone with it, seen anyone link it, or even seen anyone mention that they know of someone else with it. I strongly suggest you check the drop rate on this and make sure it isn't bugged. Why couldn't the rate just be 100%? That's still going out to only 1/8 players or 1/16 players in the run, and it can only be done once a week per character. No one I've talked to or talked with in general chat has even seen it drop, let alone won it. These are people with 3+ runs of it, too. Is it 8-man-mode only?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This mount must have an incredibly low drop rate, or is bugged and does not drop at all. According to Dulfy, a few Harbinger players have it, but aside from that I have not seen anyone with it, seen anyone link it, or even seen anyone mention that they know of someone else with it. I strongly suggest you check the drop rate on this and make sure it isn't bugged. Why couldn't the rate just be 100%? That's still going out to only 1/8 players or 1/16 players in the run, and it can only be done once a week per character. No one I've talked to or talked with in general chat has even seen it drop, let alone won it. These are people with 3+ runs of it, too. Is it 8-man-mode only?

Drops on 8 or 16 man, but it's Hard Mode only.

Ayelinna yesterday had one group leader ninja loot the red sphere from her and she still already got that mount... so it must have dropped at least twice with her in group... so it is neither broken nor overly rare... you just had bad luck.

(Assuming that Ayelinna was telling the truth)

Edited by JPryde

Ayelinna yesterday had one group leader ninja loot the red sphere from her and she still already got that mount... so it must have dropped at least twice with her in group... so it is neither broken nor overly rare... you just had bad luck.

(Assuming that Ayelinna was telling the truth)

It's not just 'bad luck' that I haven't gotten it in two HM runs. The fact is that I not only know of no one with the mount, but I don't even know of anyone who's heard of anyone else getting the mount at all, with the exception of dulfy having heard of someone else. The fact is that Xeno HM has been beated probably over a hundred times already this occurence and maybe two or three people have gotten the mount. That drop rate is way too low. We can't even farm for the mount, since it has a lockout, nor can we continue to clear it since the event ends in two weeks. Bioware, if this is working as intended, your intentions suck. Fix it.

Drops on 8 or 16 man, but it's Hard Mode only.

Also, I am aware of this and my mentions of Xeno clears in my OP were in reference to HM only. My bad.

Edited by idnewton

Besides that with such a rare droprate they can keep it as loot for the next 2 or 3 Gree Events i really like that it is such a rare drop. Unfortunatelly that doesn't show that you are one of the best players or beat really hard content but only that you had luck.

Haven't seen any on Ebon Hawk yet.

I do like that they added in a rare mount. Not to happy that it's a rare drop from a limited-time boss that you can only kill once per week per character. It's not a mount of achivement, it's a mount of luck.

I do collect mounts. Go the Blue sphere as my active mount for my blue armored BH healer, wanted to get the Red Sphere for my red-armored BH DPS/Tank, but the whole "chance to drop" means I'm writing it off.

I do like that they added in a rare mount. Not to happy that it's a rare drop from a limited-time boss that you can only kill once per week per character. It's not a mount of achivement, it's a mount of luck.

I think this is what bugs me, especially when all their promo stuff is "earn" the new mount. I wouldn't have any problem actually earning it, whether that's needing to get more helixes, running a quest line, whatver. I don't mind the drops like the tank that are in the ops, but you've basically got 2 chances, and then who knows when you can get it again. And like you said, this is just luck.

As an aside, for those who have gotten one, is it bound to legacy?

Ooooh.. yeah... i would strongly reccomend not doing that...

Yeah... some things.. you need a screen shot to validate. This would be one of those cases I think.

Clearly it drops.. and people have it. But a person running two 16 mans and getting ninja'ed out of it (after "winning a roll fair and square") in the first run followed by winning it in a second run....all within hours after the patch went live... those are some long arse odds we are looking at. Especially when the personal claims dovetail so perfectly with personally chosen complaint thread topics.

Edited by Andryah

I have done Xeno 7 times so far, three on HM. Have seen it drop twice and i won the second roll. Maybe its just your bad luck, but i was surprised to see it drop twice and would think that something like this should be kept as rare as possible.

Its just a super rare drop in HM Xeno. So i think its working as intended. I actually think its a great thing to have super rare drops from doing HM Ops run.

I partially agree with this. However, normal HM ops are available every week of the year. Event Ops are able to be run by a person twice every three months or so? It should have been a rare drop on 8 man and an automatic drop on 16 man. That still makes it very rare as only 1/8 or 1/16 people will have it.

You can claim 'rarity' and think that's a good thing, but it isn't. It should be rare because it's hard to beat the fight, not because the drop rate sucks and you have to out-luck fifteen other players. That isn't a "I'm better than you and this proves it" mount, it's a "My luck is better than yours, suck it" mount. I'm not a mount collector either, but as a sith warrior main who bases his color scheme off of red, this is the go-to mount. Having the mount be luck-based instead of gear-based would have been fine if they hadn't made it practically unfarmable. People with lives who don't have eight HM-Ops-geared level 55s are probably never even going to see it drop. I'm not against having a rare or high-status item in the game, but if this is it, they went about it the wrong way.

I ran a 16M HM on Wednesday night.

It was the first time I had ever done Xeno on any difficulty ever.

The speeder dropped.

The Op Leader randomed it.

I got it.

This isn't a bug or a flaw or a problem. It's rare which makes it more desirable/valuable. It's just luck. You hate it cos you've been unlucky. I love it cos I got lucky. With any item, the people who don't get it will be annoyed, that's just how it goes.

And it isn't about you should get it because you beat the boss. That's why you get the other standard rewards, for beating the boss. This is a special extra item. And this isn't new, Karagga's Helm is the same deal (though less rare than it used to be).

PS So your outfit is red? Boohoo! There are other red mounts. Try Aratech Eclipse.

Edited by CrazyMcGee

I ran a 16M HM on Wednesday night.

It was the first time I had ever done Xeno on any difficulty ever.

The speeder dropped.

The Op Leader randomed it.

I got it.

This isn't a bug or a flaw or a problem. It's rare which makes it more desirable/valuable. It's just luck. You hate it cos you've been unlucky. I love it cos I got lucky. With any item, the people who don't get it will be annoyed, that's just how it goes.

And it isn't about you should get it because you beat the boss. That's why you get the other standard rewards, for beating the boss. This is a special extra item. And this isn't new, Karagga's Helm is the same deal (though less rare than it used to be).

PS So your outfit is red? Boohoo! There are other red mounts. Try Aratech Eclipse.

The Karagga's helm is farmable, this isn't. You're right, you don't care because you got it. So why comment? Obviously your opinion will be biased. The problem is that you can take my previous comment and use it to answer what you just wrote. Maybe you should re-read it.