"Binds on Pickup"

Jaren_Kincaid

I just manufactured some grenades using Cybertech, and despite it saying "binds on pickup", they bound the moment the grenades were complete, so I can't give them to other toons or other guild members. What is this, please? Edited by Jaren_Kincaid

Originally, grenades were meant to be a special benefit just for Cybertechs to use.

It turned out they were a little too good and enabled players to exceed the design thresholds of short term damage in PvP, so that's why there are no level 50 grenades.

They're sort of a relic left in the game for lower level players to have fun with, but you can't give them to anyone else.

I like to strike an opponent to stun, then blow them up so they burn as I continue to lay into them.

You always need more than 1 stun handy. Depending on the player, if your going up against a newbie pvper, they will blow their CD that takes them out of stun no matter the duration so if you can stun them with the short one first to have them pop out of it and then stun them again with the longer duration stun... they kinda end up getting screwed :D

FYI, the purple "Wynz-Tek" grenades, which are the only BoP (Bind on Pickup) grenades, also require a Cybertech skill of 400 to use. So, anyone who can actually use these grenades can also make them. All crafting professions have some BoP Lvl 50 items which only they can use, although some are more useful than others.

The standard V1 grenades are pretty cheap to make, and the crowd control element is the same at all levels, so you could always make up a big load of those instead? Personally, that's all I use the grenades for, the damage is pretty insignificant for something on a 3-minute cooldown.

You always need more than 1 stun handy. Depending on the player, if your going up against a newbie pvper, they will blow their CD that takes them out of stun no matter the duration so if you can stun them with the short one first to have them pop out of it and then stun them again with the longer duration stun... they kinda end up getting screwed :D

I do use two. Ha ha.