The end of the arguement. Is SWTOR in decline? Can it be saved?

Sheff

ie: Players that have quit and /uninstalled, but their subs have not run out.

Oh, yeah, that is so much better.

You can keep your head in the sand as long as you want. It won't change reality. In less then 5 months I have been a part of 2 guilds that have imploded. The first is a group of MMO gamers that I have been playing with for nine years, that guild went from having 50 players online during normal gaming hours to 4. FOUR. The second guild was a conglomerate of PvP'ers that came together after ALL OF THEIR GUILDS IMPLODED. In the last 6 weeks that guild has gone from having 80+ players online during our peak hours to... 6. SIX!!!!!!.

Four months, two guilds, 92.3% decrease in active players.

ALL IS WELL, THIS SHIP IS UNSINKABLE!!

Ya know I always hear this and it ALWAYS is a guild of "seasoned mmo players" or "a pvp guild". There are tons of people this is their first MMO. So ya if you came in looking for a polished end game at launch no wonder you are disappointed. Enjoy the journey more next time instead of rushing to end game with one character instead of refusing to roll any alts and refusing to reroll.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one would like to see a move away from the current "world design" in future content, to be more "open world" these are planets we're landing on... Right now they feel like 'maps' in a single player game. This is a huge deal to me personally for the feel of the game. I just can't 'get into it' like I can with other open world MMO's.

The fleet hubs remind me too much of Global Agenda.

Ya know I always hear this and it ALWAYS is a guild of "seasoned mmo players" or "a pvp guild". There are tons of people this is their first MMO. So ya if you came in looking for a polished end game at launch no wonder you are disappointed. Enjoy the journey more next time instead of rushing to end game with one character instead of refusing to roll any alts and refusing to reroll.

This statement bothers me.

MMOs are usually about continual single character improvement/progression in a continually dynamic world. Telling people that its their fault for joining and MMO and expecting to have progression for their mains is kind of silly.

Now, that doesn't mean I agree or sympathize with the people who blew through to 50 during the first 2 weeks and then complained no one was around to do anything with. However, there are those who didn't rush, who are 50, and 4 months in their character progression has stalled on a ton of servers due to a limited end game content and a declining population. Its not really fair to tell them that this is their fault, and that they should have enjoyed the journey more by rolling alts.

MMOs are usually about continual single character improvement/progression in a continually dynamic world. Telling people that its their fault for joining and MMO and expecting to have progression for their mains is kind of silly.

What is "silly" is claiming there is no end game in star wars. They have added new stuff since launch for end game also. Just because you may not enjoy it doesnt make it cease to exist. There are tons of ways to progress. If you play everyday for hours and hours they simply cannot develop fast enough to please you. Luckily for every person who blew through years of development already not even 6 months into the game there are 10 people like me and others who havent even made it lvl 50 yet on more than one character,

Edited by Leggomy

Now, that doesn't mean I agree or sympathize with the people who blew through to 50 during the first 2 weeks and then complained no one was around to do anything with. However, there are those who didn't rush, who are 50, and 4 months in their character progression has stalled on a ton of servers due to a limited end game content and a declining population. Its not really fair to tell them that this is their fault, and that they should have enjoyed the journey more by rolling alts.

I said that earlier, turns out he's just reached L50 on his first character and thinks anyone that got there soon is some sort of content-vampire.

But people that have been L50 for 1-2 months now haven't "rushed", they've got there pretty slowly.

The "rushed" reasoning was valid for the first 1-4 months, but it really isn't so much any more, and will become even less so with each passing day.

I for one would like to see a move away from the current "world design" in future content, to be more "open world" these are planets we're landing on... Right now they feel like 'maps' in a single player game. This is a huge deal to me personally for the feel of the game. I just can't 'get into it' like I can with other open world MMO's.

The fleet hubs remind me too much of Global Agenda.

Not once did Bioware ever say that this will be a sandbox MMO. This is and always has been the intended design.

It's simple...

The people who love this game, will continue to play this game.

SWTOR isn't 'broken' to some of us, it isn't boring to some of us, and it's lots of fun for many of us.

Sometimes folks kinda forget, that people are also well within their rights, to love this game, for what it is.

It's not a crime to be currently having fun in SWTOR... I know I am.

Very Simple,Some hated GW 1 I loved It, Some Loved WoW i Hated the total crap out of that game the day I logged in.No one is the same.Some would be bored dureing an Earthquake while others might find it exciteing and enjoy the adventure of dodgeing falling Debri, it depends on a persons taste,Some may just be bored because they wake up and they have to spend another day with themselves, so it all depends on the person.

He is the thing a seasoned mmo player buys a game on the merit of what the company says it will offer. The beta goes though and things change. However this game should of never came out of Beta but it was forced to. This is really a first person role play type of game, it has very little mmo feel to it. That could be the major reason why you see so many seasoned mmo player posts. Not to mention the changes they made in 1.2 and pvp. That drove a good number of people away. I just had to do a guild merger myself. We took the top 3 pvp guilds and made one. The reason: almost everyone quit due to the overall feel of the game.

In fact, they've come out and said that this is NOT a sandbox MMO. Several times.

BUT why not? This is the reason why you have pvp and pve servers isnt it? I bet if it was changed to a sandbox you would keep more people playing. It gives them something to do other than dalies

BUT why not? This is the reason why you have pvp and pve servers isnt it? I bet if it was changed to a sandbox you would keep more people playing. It gives them something to do other than dalies

I love the child-like innocence of posts like this. Ignore what the devs wanted to do with the game, ignore how much it would cost to redesign the game into a sandbox, just clap your hands and not only will Tinkerbell live but the devs will be able to change the game totally over night!

I dunno. I think it'd be better as more of a themepark/sandbox hybrid, personally. Definitely could use some more sandbox elements in it.

I love the child-like innocence of posts like this. Ignore what the devs wanted to do with the game, ignore how much it would cost to redesign the game into a sandbox, just clap your hands and not only will Tinkerbell live but the devs will be able to change the game totally over night!

Quoted For Righteous Accuracy.

I dunno. I think it'd be better as more of a themepark/sandbox hybrid, personally. Definitely could use some more sandbox elements in it.

In the sticky up top soliciting suggestions for planets, I suggested that an end game sandbox planet be added in the future. Planetary boundaries are an excellent way to partition content types in this game.

All the aching SWG refugees could call the planet their new home too. :D

Edited by Andryah

I like how the poster you quoted said nor implied anything you attributed to them.

He is the thing a seasoned mmo player buys a game on the merit of what the company says it will offer. The beta goes though and things change. However this game should of never came out of Beta but it was forced to. This is really a first person role play type of game, it has very little mmo feel to it. That could be the major reason why you see so many seasoned mmo player posts. Not to mention the changes they made in 1.2 and pvp. That drove a good number of people away. I just had to do a guild merger myself. We took the top 3 pvp guilds and made one. The reason: almost everyone quit due to the overall feel of the game.

Also the thing is not everyone is a seasoned mmo player. A lot of people bought this because its a star wars game and not because its the latest MMO out there. Ive noticed that the majority of people complaining are either raiders or pvp focused. Not just that but they come from at least 3-4 different games before this one. Now out of the total number of subs how many you think play because its star wars compared to who play it because they thought it would have polished end game at launch?

I bet if you polled people (not on the forums everyone on the forums is the exact same demographic) in the game most would not say they are in a pvp guild or a raiding guild but simply a guild. Thats the difference between the people you know and the majority of players.

I think the low population servers, lack of cross server pvp que and lack of any pve que are destroying the game. How can you progress your character if you can't group. If you reach max level and you've never done an instance so you have no idea it can be fun. I'm sure a ton of players haven't even done a flashpoint.

If you log on at different times than your pals/guildmates and ultimately have nothing to do....then you find something else to keep you occupied. Eventually you'll log in less and less because you have nothing to do and other people do likewise because they have nothing to do. It will just spiral out of control eventually.

Essentially a game was created, The point of the game is character progression through leveling and ultimately through pvp and pve groups. There is nothing that allows players to work together towards common goals outside of pvp ques which may be slow or you face constant premades and get slaughtered continually(I'm sure lots of people want to log on and get bent instead of playing mass effect 3 or whatever else pfft!).

I have no idea why they have not made pve flashpoint que's. Why they have taken out world pvp instead of leaving it as an option. Why they have not put in proper rated pvp with a good reward... not just a different color(LOL) and separated it from normal pvp so Mr casual can log in and have fun.

What it really seems to me is they have no real direction. This whole game is copied from previous games and the statistics are done on what people like and want and while this works to an extent but they are missing the main point.... and thats the fun.

Also the thing is not everyone is a seasoned mmo player. A lot of people bought this because its a star wars game and not because its the latest MMO out there. Ive noticed that the majority of people complaining are either raiders or pvp focused. Not just that but they come from at least 3-4 different games before this one. Now out of the total number of subs how many you think play because its star wars compared to who play it because they thought it would have polished end game at launch?

I bet if you polled people (not on the forums everyone on the forums is the exact same demographic) in the game most would not say they are in a pvp guild or a raiding guild but simply a guild. Thats the difference between the people you know and the majority of players.

Ok well this is just a waste of time. Listen I have been down this road with MMO's before. Lets see how this game is sitting after the summer.

So explain to me exactally what the dev's want to do with this game? Also making something into a sandbox is not a total redesign of the game. All you need to do is add in a few sandbox planets that actually work unlike Illum

During the morning hours up to 2pm there are no warzones in my server, shortly after that, it starts picking up slowly with a collective effort of about twenty 50s covering both sides, rotating their turns in the wzs. This spell can last for about 2-3 hours before prime time. When prime time comes, we usually see double that number for its duration, and upon its conclusion, come 11pm, the queues cease to appear.

My greatest regret is that Bioware didn't take from its competition the elements that really matter, and those are quality of life. Although severely anonymous communities found in LFG systems may desensitize all meaningful interactions, the systems themselves promote progress and indefinite casual play.

I believe Bioware was so ruthlessly focused on bringing this game out in time, that they forgot which year they were releasing it, and that is a year where primitive mmo characteristics cannot hold their weight with the rest.

Sometimes I like to think what it would have been if these resources would have been invested in making a true KOTOR sequel.

Edited by Laleilou

Only advice I can give is if you dont like vanilla then dont eat it.

Well, I don't wanna waste any vanilla and Im stuck with it for a couple weeks until the chocolate arrives.

So explain to me exactally what the dev's want to do with this game? Also making something into a sandbox is not a total redesign of the game. All you need to do is add in a few sandbox planets that actually work unlike Illum

Gotta hope we see something back for Ilum before 2013.