Does noone care about the achievement system?

DAMossimo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this guy got it

1 ewok angel for you :jawa_angel:

Tastes like chicken.

:p

As long as i know, that only a single of them doesnt work, why should i waste a single moment of my life completing them? Its the same thing with the codex...

If you don't enjoy them, by all means, don't bother with them. Not sure some bit of "fluff" in a computer game warrants such bitterness, though. But if that's your bag, too, enjoy.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Or...have most players not hit the brick walls yet?

Personally, I find it strange that people are up in arms about the cost of features that haven't even been added to the game yet when sizeable chunks of 2.0 remain broken. (like the missing speeder parts & uncompletable achievements - just 2 quick examples)

And few people seem to care. :rak_02:

I feel like this stuff should be a priority since it is "already advertised & paid-for" content.

I personally don't care at all about the achievement system. Never cared for it on xbox or the trophies on ps3 either. I think they are the worst kin of time sinks.

I personally don't care at all about the achievement system. Never cared for it on xbox or the trophies on ps3 either. I think they are the worst kin of time sinks.

I think that's a typo, but it's mildly amusing either way.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Many care, but we all know, just an other broken feature (based on a broken feature = codex) that will never be fixed by BioWare.

The cutscene of Battle of Ilum is broken since release, and not fixed. And many other things to. BioWare does not care about this. So why should I believe they will fix the acjievement system. I only exiists to promote the game - to make us think new features are added. But it's broken and unfinished - and they will never fix something. The next big thing is to promoted... they don't give a f... about old things that do not work.

You wonder what goes on at a company where they introduce new features that are simply broken time after time after time.

They do not learn from previous mistakes, and simply pretend these issues don't exist and brush them under the carpet.

The quality control is beyond bad, it's embarrassing.

I could care less about the achievement system. I really enjoy it.

I have to echo a previous poster, however. What bugs? I understand that there might be a small handful of unobtainable achievements due to certain elements no longer being in the game. A forgivable oversight.

However, on each of the first 3 planets, I've gone out of my way to get every achievement I can, and every one was correctly logged as an achievement. Granted, this is only 3 planets, and it is possible it gets a lot worse later on. But I haven't seen anything, not one thing, that seemed bugged or out of place.

So far, I'm very pleased with it.

I cared before it launched. Then I realized that achievements like "Kill 25 players in 10 different warzones" means EXACTLY that. If you get 26 kills you don't get credit? So stupid. And there are a lot like that. So I just don't care about them.

I cared for a while until I realized that they offer no incentive. The insignificant amounts of cartel coins are ok for some of the easier achievements, but most of the more difficult or time consuming ones offer no title or cartel coins.

the achievement points given have absolutely zero meaning or use so i'm not even sure why they offer those. If each achievment gave between 5-50 cartel coins depending on difficulty and there were a lot more titles or other incentives (like armor pieces for completing each planet for example) or something tangible, I would eb more inclined to spend my time worrying about the achievments.

I could care less about the achievement system. I really enjoy it.

I have to echo a previous poster, however. What bugs? I understand that there might be a small handful of unobtainable achievements due to certain elements no longer being in the game. A forgivable oversight.

However, on each of the first 3 planets, I've gone out of my way to get every achievement I can, and every one was correctly logged as an achievement. Granted, this is only 3 planets, and it is possible it gets a lot worse later on. But I haven't seen anything, not one thing, that seemed bugged or out of place.

So far, I'm very pleased with it.

Almost all of the PvP ones require you to get the exact amount that the achievement states. Kill 57 players in a single warzone? No 'kill 55 players in a single warzone' for you! Or kill 25/kill 40, for that matter. As far as I can tell, the same applies for crits/damage done. When said achievements also have achievements for doing them across x games, I doubt the game will be around anymore before people obtain them.

Or...have most players not hit the brick walls yet?

Personally, I find it strange that people are up in arms about the cost of features that haven't even been added to the game yet when sizeable chunks of 2.0 remain broken. (like the missing speeder parts & uncompletable achievements - just 2 quick examples)

And few people seem to care. :rak_02:

I feel like this stuff should be a priority since it is "already advertised & paid-for" content.

I've always felt achievement systems were one of the worst things added to video games. If I'm ever bored enough with this game to think "Hey I need to get out Talos and go kill 1,578 womprats with him, so I can finish up that one achievement.", then it is probably time to quit.

I enjoy achievements, but being as Bioware wont fix their Lore and Codex entries, you can't get some of them. So, I am done trying for more until things like that are fixed. I was actually excited about getting some of them, but now that I cant do to BUGS, I am not anymore.

For example: Swoopstriker on Balmora (which is part of the Champion Boss Achievement). You get no credit for Killing the Champion Swoopstriker. So, getting 100% on that planet is impossible. There are a few others. So, I gave up trying to get 100% now after running into two planets in a row that you cant get things on. Its broken. I am done.

What about the PVP on certain planets....why add that crap? Doesn't that belong in PVP matches? Your telling me I have to set for days and days and days on end TRYING to find people on Tatooine to kill to get the PVP kill count needed for the achievement on that planet? SERIOUSLY? Just...wow. Ridiculous. :mad:

I ask you Bioware. Why add and achievement system if you don't fix the things needed to GET the achievement? It frankly makes zero sense to me. Fix your game please.

I cared before it launched. Then I realized that achievements like "Kill 25 players in 10 different warzones" means EXACTLY that. If you get 26 kills you don't get credit? So stupid. And there are a lot like that. So I just don't care about them.

^ This. !00% agreed. Having to try for an exact number of kills or thing done in a public match is frankly idiotically ridiculous. Your dealing with RANDOMNESS. Good luck with that. Ohh, and the Kill people who have Party Jawa out...good luck with that too. Ive never once seen anyone playing PVP with Party Jawa's. Whoever thought up THAT achievement needs their head examined.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Ohh, and the Kill people who have Party Jawa out...good luck with that too. Ive never once seen anyone playing PVP with Party Jawa's. Whoever thought up THAT achievement needs their head examined.

So that's why that guy had the party jawa out.... hehe now I'll look for it. Shame I always deleted my party jawas.

It's not that I don't care, it's just that if you're going to bundle achievements that include marvels like "kill five thousand npcs on each planet", or "defeat this flashpoint boss 25 times", a year on isn't the time to do it. These aren't the sort of thing that's remotely enjoyable to go back and unlock.

A lot of the achievements I'd want to pursue - say, the new macrobinocular droid finding achievement, or the codex entries ones - are bugged to all hell and either don't unlock at all, require you to do things that literally cannot be done, or don't reward you properly for completion. So what's the point?

Edited by Bleeters

With achievements like "kill 10k NPCs in Black Hole" (I'm not making this up) and "complete every single 50+ FP 25 times", coupled with the fact that there's almost no backtracking to what people have been doing for over a year in this game (ran Lost Island for a year, now I need to do it 25 times; completed Black Hole countless times, yet it now says I need to kill 10k NPCs) ... you really start wondering if this game was designed to continually screw up people like me who have been loyal to it since early access. Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to put "kill 10k NPCs in X area", especially for an area like Black Hole which is almost entirely useless and devoid of people, making achievements like "kill 500 players" even more aggravating. Even with all the evidence piled up from the codex entry I still need to complete every 16m Ops once again to "prove" I can actually do it, even though it's nigh impossible to get a stable 16m guild running on TOFN (for old Ops it's no problem, but I fear it will be ages before we can run stuff like 16m S&V NiM, just because there's lack of people).

It just seems that, once again, a feature like the achievement system came way too late because it's clearly designed with a "hard reset" in mind, meaning that this achievement system is something that should've been there from the start, not 1.5 years later. Instead of the achievement system rewarding veteran players, reminding them that they've accomplished a lot in this game prior to 2.0, for me it's simply slapping my face every time I open it, it only reminds me that I've wasted time and that the game itself doesn't care, especially after I see two NiM KP achievements disappearing overnight (customer support being entirely useless in the process).

So, thanks for the achievement system, one more broken feature that keeps spitting in my face and literally telling me playing this game since early access was a bad idea.

So, it has been a month since the achievement system has been added to the game...and my 2 level 55 Agents have still not completed chapter 1 (only according to the achievement system), my Sith Warrior cannot get completion because I chose the dark-side path for Jaesa, which prevents me from getting the Imperial Squad Leader title, and the only thing that has been addressed is the pvp achievements (supposedly - haven't tested them).

I think it's safe to say the achievement system is a joke not only to most players, but to Bioware as well.

Thing is, I'd be willing to continue spending extra money on this game in the hopes that it will continue to be refined, but since little easy fixes cannot even be accomplished in a month's time nowadays, I have to decide whether to continue to pay a sub fee, let alone spend extra money for CC.

• 2 weeks later...