New Community Resource!

zaskar

This has been a very long time coming, I'd like to announce the soft launch of gsf.huttspawn.com. This is the culmination of six months of work by a very dedicated and intelligent group of people, pilots and not.

This is just the beginning. We're calling this our "what" release, we are going to follow up over the next couple of months with many "how" releases. This started out as simply a place to point new pilots to to get the basics pre-flight or after their first failed flight. It has turned into so much more. When we are done we will have a true compendium that will not only explain what to do, but how to do it. We look forward to sharing with you all the really neat features we have lined up.

On the behalf of all the Huttspawn agents, I'd like to say thanks in advance for handing out the URL to any struggling pilots. Every pageload will pay back the authors, editors, artists, video guys, etc that have invested into this community.

This is the culmination of six months of work by a very dedicated and intelligent group of people, pilots and not.

Who?

This started out as simply a place to point new pilots to to get the basics pre-flight or after their first failed flight.

Well, we already have places for that, like here, and Dulfy, but another community site is great. There is some odd stuff here though:

About:

"Why don't I see author names?

The Huttspawn are a collective of like-minded people that wish you good fortune, no one seeks notoriety or a desire to become famous."

That's odd, right? Is that just me, or is that odd?

Every pageload will pay back the authors, editors, artists, video guys, etc that have invested into this community.

Do you mean, every informed pilot will fill you and your mysterious set of people who forswear names with some deep joy? The phrase "page view" concerns me, of course.

Also from about:

"I think you are spreading lies or your guides suck or…

Good for you. The Huttspawn are not providing guides for the 1% that already know how to play the game."

That's some preemptive hostility lol!

The intro page:

https://gsf.huttspawn.com/first-time-gsf/

Seems extremely informative and well done. I just... I dunno man, I can't say why this whole thing feels off to me. I think it's the masked authorship and subtle hostility to the community?

Simply put, we don't want personas or opinion to cloud the information. As you said, there is plenty of places for that.

Seems extremely informative and well done. I just... I dunno man, I can't say why this whole thing feels off to me. I think it's the masked authorship and subtle hostility to the community?

I addressed this in the about page, we don't care.

This is part of a larger project, some of the ethos comes from that.

Edited by zaskar

Well, you know Hutts. Capable of extreme competence, if often a bit careless in details when it comes to accuracy in research, also a bit odd and anti-social at times. A strong inclination toward anonymity and urge for profit motive are also typical. I mean, "huttspawn.com," is fairly honest and blunt for Hutts, don't you think? ;)

The Stasiepedia is probably the most comprehensive resource, but it has very limited circulation, and there's a fair amount of chaff to wade through to get the useful information if you don't use the directory page at the front.

Dulfy has the most famous brand, but most of the written guides for GSF have not been updated at all since GSF early release for subscribers, and as a result are rife with outdated information.

There's definitely a place for a well formatted and maintained guide that is marketed enough to reach a wider circulation.

Useful and welcomed, even if it is run by Hutts.