Tanking

Anyone with extensive experience in beta, what is tanking like in SW:TOR?

Is it like most MMOs, does it have it's own unique feel to it?

I play tanks, it's what I do, and I want to prepare myself for what tanking will be like.

Same ol' fun fun. Sith Assassin ftw! god I can't wait to get my teeth in.

Usually alot more non elite mobs than other games, which you can generally ignore. Tank the gold mob and throw out whatever aoe threat abilities you have, but if dps pulls a non elite mob onto them they can usually survive it easily.

From what I saw of the beta, it's alot less about faceroll AoE.

The biggest issue I have found is since everyone can fight/dps (to some extent) everyone seems to get a little over zealous and take the agro from the Tank. They should take adds, and go easy so whoever is tanking it can hold it in place.

Here's a guide I wrote on DDM's Realm for Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors. Also Bounty Hunters and Troopers can make good tanks if they switch to single target stuff to keep agro.

The biggest issue I have found is since everyone can fight/dps (to some extent) everyone seems to get a little over zealous and take the agro from the Tank. They should take adds, and go easy so whoever is tanking it can hold it in place.

Here's a guide I wrote on DDM's Realm for Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors. Also Bounty Hunters and Troopers can make good tanks if they switch to single target stuff to keep agro.

Thank you for taking the time to write this up. It was informative and thorough. I enjoyed reading it and a few of your other write-ups. :D

I'm actually planning on being a Bounty Hunter tank so the write up will help tremendously in understanding how the class works.

I've done nothing but tanking for most of my MMO life, but it's always interesting when you introduce new mechanics. Thanks for the headsup. :)