Idea for Possible Future Operation

If the largest Operation (Raid) is 16, I thought that it might be cool (as I have never seen it done which is not to say that it has never been done) to split up the group into 4 man squads.

For instance. The operation objective might be nothing more than to commandeer (nautical term) another ship or to protect a ship your group would start the instance aboard. It might include 1 4-man team assigned to repel invading troops, another 4-man team to fight a security force to capture or recapture the bridge, another 4-man team to secure engineering, and a final force to fly in space to battle enemy ships. Hell, you could go the full monty and have one of the teams on the surface instead of in space (reminds me of a movie, unsure of which one... oh well).

Just a thought. Good hunting!

Gabaran

Yes, the throne of the four winds... But it wasn't what he is saying. In that fight, they're rotating. He say that to complete a operation, multiple objetives has to be done, but each group take one objetive separately...

PD: Stop comparing with wow, pls... This is SWTOR

Edited by Desaroll

lol... LOTRO had a few raids like that.. the group split into 3 and in order for 1 group to proceed one of the other groups had to complete their objective.. but I like that idea for something like this.. I just wish the space aspect of this game wasnt so limited..

Since it's early I'm having no amazing ideas right now. To start it off though, I'd like to see maybe a PvE operation where let's say the empire is sent to invade a Republic outpost, but on a large scale and eliminate a high profile leader. The reverse of that could be the Republic defending or launching a counter assault. I think this would work in later expansions as the war progresses and becomes more "intense" yea let's go w/ that. Probably wont work though b/c random important people missing from cities would be kinda weird for the game initially, but as the conflict heats up people will start to die.

just to add to my original thought, there could be objectives that each group would need to accomplish in order for other groups to proceed. I swear this sounds like a movie, maybe it had muppets? whatever, thanks for the input!

Gabaran

just to add to my original thought, there could be objectives that each group would need to accomplish in order for other groups to proceed. I swear this sounds like a movie, maybe it had muppets? whatever, thanks for the input!

Gabaran

Thanks you for the idea. With community ideas the MMORPGs can get stronger or fall to the death XD.... Time will say what happens with SWTOR XD

Yes, the throne of the four winds... But it wasn't what he is saying. In that fight, they're rotating. He say that to complete a operation, multiple objetives has to be done, but each group take one objetive separately...

PD: Stop comparing with wow, pls... This is SWTOR

SWTOR is an MMO and the -most- successful MMO was WoW so of course there are going to be -a lot- of comparisons. They're the same genre. I don't know why you and others get so butthurt at the comparisons. Wow was a good game, in it's prime.

The Thorim fight sounds a lot like the fight the OP was talking about, the group would split into two and one group would stay in the arena and hold off waves of enemies while avoiding thorims casts while they other group would loop around a hall way, looping up and around, killing enemies on the way, before knocking Thorim into the arena and then jumping in after him.

A good example would be:

Group A: 4 playes

They keep fly around a battle station, taking down enemy fighters and destroying turrets

Group B: 2 player

Those 2 players would sneak inside air pipes to sabotage something. Must handle defense mechanisms on their path and patrols

Group C: 10 players

The major assault group lands on the station and engage the enemy deep inside the battle station.

Group A must be alive all time to ensure groups B and C get inside and also return in safety to mothership...

Great idea, having it split at times could really work and be a lot of fun. Of course their paths should cross a few times so the group can swap ppl around as need be.

Ulduar Thorim is something similar but I'd like it to be a bit more meaningful, not just "G1 goes tunnel G2 stays in main room"

Kind of like a choosing a path in say Gears of War, but on a larger scale.

Wow I am really digging the positive feedback. What I like the most is that its constructive rather than pajorative. I would agree that the various groups would have to meet and then split. An example woyld be that the entire group couldstart off together in the same area and then say after a certain boss then a group takesoff togo into space. Then later another group discovers they too have to leave. Once complete they can come back to the main group.

BIOWARE I HOPE YOUR LISTENING!

:)