Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What, you really believe that BW will miss out this easy money grab? Come on. You know it and they know it that there are a lot of folks playing this game who want to have ALL of the companions. And they willing to pay for it.

Why would they do that when they could run the DvL event again, instead of defeating its purpose by handing out the Dark AND Light rewards regardless of which side wins?

On another note, didn't they say during the last livestream that they would be adding 10 new character slots?

Edited by BradTheImpaler

I need an advice about rewards. I reached second tier on my Commando and opened 15 packs already. But most of the stuff there is force-user themed, so they dont fit my trooper much, unless i want to roleplay a soldier running around in a bathrobe.

Now i'm playing Sith Warrior and the rewards suit him more. Do you think i should now reach every tier on my warrior , so even some pieces that i wont complete full set of, i would be able to use? Or should i plan that my Trooper ges the rewards to the 15 packs i already opened there, hoping for a greater chance to complete the sets?

The reward pack related ******** is the exact reason I just cancelled my subscription.

It really doesn't matter what you do. Even if you stick to opening every single reward pack on a single character, your chances of unlocking a full set of armor by getting all three armor packs from the same set are pathetically low. They are baiting you with a carrot to open up your wallet, pour money into the cartel market for dark vs light packs, for a low possibility of completing your sets. It's just more anti-consumer ******** from Electronic Arts.

I like Bioware, but they're working for an evil corporation, and I will no longer support that.

The reward pack related ******** is the exact reason I just cancelled my subscription.

It really doesn't matter what you do. Even if you stick to opening every single reward pack on a single character, your chances of unlocking a full set of armor by getting all three armor packs from the same set are pathetically low. They are baiting you with a carrot to open up your wallet, pour money into the cartel market for dark vs light packs, for a low possibility of completing your sets. It's just more anti-consumer ******** from Electronic Arts.

I like Bioware, but they're working for an evil corporation, and I will no longer support that.

As I've said it before, people all need to take this stance to even try and stop anything like this from happening, but that's like asking somebody who'se been submissive all their life to stand up for themselves. It's pointles.

As I've said it before, people all need to take this stance to even try and stop anything like this from happening, but that's like asking somebody who'se been submissive all their life to stand up for themselves. It's pointles.

Yep, and I made my reasons perfectly clear in the "why have you forsaken us" survey, but I know that I'm just ranting at a brick wall.

Yep, and I made my reasons perfectly clear in the "why have you forsaken us" survey, but I know that I'm just ranting at a brick wall.

Yup. All we can do is try to keep it up, honestly.. I feel I can't unsub in fear of losing all the work I put in my guild at this time, though. I refuse to buy more CC or anything else after this nonsense, I honestly have barely played.

The Dark vs. Light Event goes live on June 28th! Learn more about the event and the great rewards that you can earn here.

-eric

Whoever sat in a board room and thought of this ******** should be fired. Talk about putting another large COG on the GRIND machine. Throw them in a cage with Rakghouls.:rak_01:

I won't be participating in this stupid event, it pretty much forces you to collect holocrons, which i don't do, its a waste of time and the rewards for the effort, just do not warrant the time it takes into getting them, unless they just happen to be there on the way to quests.

You are forced to do pvp, which i hate and find utterly irrelevant and pointless, so this companion had better be available to EVERYONE regardless of if they participated in the poorly implemented event or not.

I won't be participating in this stupid event, it pretty much forces you to collect holocrons, which i don't do, its a waste of time and the rewards for the effort, just do not warrant the time it takes into getting them, unless they just happen to be there on the way to quests.

You are forced to do pvp, which i hate and find utterly irrelevant and pointless, so this companion had better be available to EVERYONE regardless of if they participated in the poorly implemented event or not.

Holocrons? You mean th four, new, easily acquired datacrons?

PVP is pretty minimal and only required for Legendary. At that point you've already got the companion for completing the Champion level. But I don't think you get the companion for not participating. I guess this means your leaving...can I have your stuff?

But I don't think you get the companion for not participating.

To my understanding, the companion reward will only get mailed out to those who completed the reward level their on. For example, if I stopped at the Valiant level, I'd get the speeder bike and the pet from the level before it, but not the companion. So if you really want the companion, you have to work your way to the reward level they're on and which one you get is still dependent on the overall what came ahead on the LvD count.

Actually 3/5 of are pretty much on the way:)

Holocrons? You mean th four, new, easily acquired datacrons?

PVP is pretty minimal and only required for Legendary. At that point you've already got the companion for completing the Champion level. But I don't think you get the companion for not participating. I guess this means your leaving...can I have your stuff?

Nah, i will just leave it hanging there and i don't see the companion being exclusive for those that did the event for long...i mean, they said the game wouldn't go free to play, but it did and they said that the subscribers would get access to the KOTFE, but you can get it all now for a mere $19.99, but i guess, that more or less a subscription price.....but thats the point, i will not be surprised if the new companion gets put on the Cartel Market, like Treek did.

Nah, i will just leave it hanging there and i don't see the companion being exclusive for those that did the event for long...i mean, they said the game wouldn't go free to play, but it did and they said that the subscribers would get access to the KOTFE, but you can get it all now for a mere $19.99, but i guess, that more or less a subscription price.....but thats the point, i will not be surprised if the new companion gets put on the Cartel Market, like Treek did.

This is silly. They have not made any limited-availability companions or rewards available (on CM) before. What makes you think they would now?

The game grew with F2P and CM. It keeps a certain number of people around and sometimes those people sub.

The deal with KotFE (and all expansions now) is that you get access to all of the expansion/story content at the moment you subscribe. If you subbed when Chapter 12 (for instance) was released and then cancelled sub, you still wouldn't have access to Chapter 13-16 until subbing again. But, you would have access to all content through Chapter 12.

You get it because you sub. They didn't go back on that. They are giving Chapter 1 for free, but that is just a drop in the bucket, and hopefully gets people to sub. Guess they need to if they ever want to see their companions again! :t_tongue: The hostage move by BW may be more clever than I thought!

Edited by AlienEyeTX

You get it because you sub. They didn't go back on that. They are giving Chapter 1 for free, but that is just a drop in the bucket, and hopefully gets people to sub. Guess they need to if they ever want to see their companions again! :t_tongue: The hostage move by BW may be more clever than I thought!

Oh that is wicked!

So, if getting Champion unlocks the final 2 pieces of the XP boost set.... then why can you not no get champion until after chapter 16 comes out?

I have completed everything for champion with the exception of the final 2 chapters, as well as everything for the level after that. I am darn near done with the grinding for legendary level rewards, with the exception of a couple boss kills, world kills, and HM FP's, but as it stands, i will receive the final two pieces of the XP armor set in another week or so. too bad that i only have 19 levels to go on my 8th LvD toon. by the time chapter 16 comes out, I wont have any need for the XP armor set.

I been in the game since beta, and this by far is the worst event conceived.

I have to agree with this.

For those of us that have played since beta going on, this event is awful.

People have rolled on new servers to get character bound items on characters they won't touch again after the event is over. That is assuming they have any spaces left to make a new character.

I'm going to guess the companion and mounts will also be bound to one of the throw away characters being made now rendering those completely pointless.

Some people are happy with free stuff but it's free stuff on characters we'll never use. It was nice to see what popped out of those crates I got but then I instantly trashed it all because it was worthless and taking up bag space.

If it was legacy bound it wouldn't be so bad, we'd get some use out of it.

It's annoyed me a little bit because I only came back for this event to get some new things for my characters and they will get nothing out of it all.

It's my own fault for not reading into the event enough but I wasted a months sub when i'm not going to get a month out of it. I've got no use for new characters and less use for character bound stuff on new characters I won't use. Lesson learned, won't make the same mistake again.

I have a bunch of armor from opening DvL packs. All on the same toon for now. Like 3 Kreia's hoods but anyway. None of it seems to be unlocked in my collection.

Do I need to do anything for it to go to my collection?

Do I need entire sets?

What if I get part of a set on one toon and part on another?

I have a bunch of armor from opening DvL packs. All on the same toon for now. Like 3 Kreia's hoods but anyway. None of it seems to be unlocked in my collection.

Do I need entire sets?

A full set needs to be equipped on a single character.

If you one set on one and another set elsewhere (I'm assuming both are from DvL bound on pick ups) then you're screwed.

Do I need entire sets?

You need the entire set on ONE toon to unlock it account wide - I've unlocked plenty of sets previously, just none from this event yet. This is why the new Cartel Wallet thing will be so nice...you'll be able to buy items on any toon and claim them on the toon you want to have them.

Edited by TUXs