Medical Probes?

Jeralrik

Ok I'm a paid subscriber an it says medical probes are unlimited for paid subscribers but I'm unable to find them an assumed it was just for healing classes but a Jedi Knight was using them in a Heroic on tatooine, i asked he said he was f2p an bought them off the cartel market. Ok, I thought ok maybe the only way I can get them is if I buy them from the cartel market, so I bought them an I opened it in my inventory an said I have 5 medical probes to use, an now I still can't find them anywhere looked in every tab, scrolled down, checked my inventory, mission tabs, side bars where the heck are these probes?

I even put in a ticket but have yet to get a response 6 days ago so I think I wasted my cartel coins for invisible non existant medical probes that would have come in handy in a Heroic Jawa's Concern, we had 2 JK, 1 Shadow and 1 Sabateur no heals.

So are these probes just for healers an if so it needs to say as much.

thxs

Ok I'm a paid subscriber an it says medical probes are unlimited for paid subscribers but I'm unable to find them an assumed it was just for healing classes but a Jedi Knight was using them in a Heroic on tatooine, i asked he said he was f2p an bought them off the cartel market. Ok, I thought ok maybe the only way I can get them is if I buy them from the cartel market, so I bought them an I opened it in my inventory an said I have 5 medical probes to use, an now I still can't find them anywhere looked in every tab, scrolled down, checked my inventory, mission tabs, side bars where the heck are these probes?

I even put in a ticket but have yet to get a response 6 days ago so I think I wasted my cartel coins for invisible non existant medical probes that would have come in handy in a Heroic Jawa's Concern, we had 2 JK, 1 Shadow and 1 Sabateur no heals.

So are these probes just for healers an if so it needs to say as much.

thxs

Those are when you are killed. You get the choice of a medical probe to revive at your location, or return to med center. Not sure what those other people where using other than perhaps normal medpacks for heals.

Edited by Jason_T

Dang I'm an idiot I for some reason I thought it was something I would get to be able to rez my buddy's in stead of the long 30 min timer on my probe. WoW I did waste 500 cartel coins on 5 probes, I feel like an idiot now.

Thank you for the reply!

My mindset was thinking it was like the Cookies or cakes in Dungeons & Dragons that you can buy to be able to rez fallen friends.

You can revive your friends when combat is over by right clicking on their corpse. This has a long cool down though... 10 minutes I think.

The timer on the med probe that comes for you will reset when you revive at a med center. It's a good idea to go to the med center when you get up to the 10 minute wait, because you probably need repairs.

You can revive your friends when combat is over by right clicking on their corpse. This has a long cool down though... 10 minutes I think.

The timer on the med probe that comes for you will reset when you revive at a med center. It's a good idea to go to the med center when you get up to the 10 minute wait, because you probably need repairs.

Long timer for all classes but healers. Healers can revive allies with 0 cd

• 4 weeks later...
Dang I'm an idiot I for some reason I thought it was something I would get to be able to rez my buddy's in stead of the long 30 min timer on my probe. WoW I did waste 500 cartel coins on 5 probes, I feel like an idiot now.

I did the exact same thing! I also thought it was a cool new tool to use for rezzing yourself or allies. I didn't know it was the probes you automatically have as a subscriber.

And, of course, the 500 absolutely wasted Cartel Coins CAN NOT be refunded by Customer Service. So lame!

It's poor design IMO. The market really should recognize if you are a paid subscriber and grey-out items you already have, so you don't waste your coins.

Edited by EmeraldFusion

In cartel market window, when you are a subscriber, an exclamation mark shows on the buy button (or somewhere in it's vicinity) on items that you have free access to as a sub and there is a warning about it when you mousover it so there is no cheat tactic used by BW here, just people who don't read careful enough. Still you are able to buy them for the future when you stop your sub for example.

Yes combat rezing (picking up a fellow player while still in fight) is a high level ability for all the advanced classes that have the healing tree: sage/sorcerer, scoundrel/operative, commando/mercenary. All of the mentioned classes have their cd on normal out of combat rez set to 0 as soon as they specialize (lvl 10 or so) so you can pick up others as soon as the fight ends, other classes have a 5 min cooldown on out of combat rez and no in combat rez.

Edited by Elmerpl

• 4 months later...
But they don't get that until they are close to 50 if I remember correctly.

No, the revive after combat comes with the AC at lvl 10 or so. There's a revive during combat ability near lvl 50. I'll have to trudge through torhead or similar to find it.

Thank you for the reply!

My mindset was thinking it was like the Cookies or cakes in Dungeons & Dragons that you can buy to be able to rez fallen friends.

Don't feel to bad, I did it too lol

So ya I hate the 5 probe thing.

i liked it when it was unlimted and do you think will change it back?1

It is *unlimited* for subscribers. "Free to Play" and "Preferred" players are limited to 5 medical probes.

You are a subscriber or you would not be able to post on the forums. For *you* it is *unlimited*.

In Summary:

• You DO NOT have to buy Medical Probes as a subscriber.
  • Medical Probes are *not* an item that you use to do something to someone else. When you die, you will get a message in the middle of the screen asking if a) you want to use a Medical Probe to revive where you are or b) return to the nearest medical station.
  • To revive a friendly player (in your group or not) you simply right-click on their body. A cast bar will appear and you should not move until it finishes. When the cast finishes, the dead player will receive a message indicating that you are trying to revive them and they can click on that to revive.
  • You can only revive another player every 15 minutes *unless* your class can be a healer. If your class can be a healer, your "Revive" ability has no cooldown (so you can revive multiple players one after another with no wait).

Hopefully that has cleared up any confusion you had.

And, of course, the 500 absolutely wasted Cartel Coins CAN NOT be refunded by Customer Service. So lame!

It's poor design IMO. The market really should recognize if you are a paid subscriber and grey-out items you already have, so you don't waste your coins.

It's lame that you are blaming Bioware for it. At least the other couple of people who did the same thing are owning up to it. In every single CM item that subscribers have already, there is a very clear message in the description saying so. I don't blame anyone for messing up. It happens and this issue has been well-explained. I do blame people who use every misstep they make on their own to blame Bioware, though. That's just silly. Taking responsibility is a much more mature way to behave.

Dang hehe I logged into my email and saw this post was pinged I was in shock that someone managed to find it.

I didn't try an get my points back I realized I made a mistake and I owned up to it. Easy come easy go hehe.