Imperial Agent Story Hoth Question

LazyAndy

What is the reason for Hunter's abrupt attitude change towards the Agent during Hoth? I must have missed something. At first, he was the nice guy reluctant to use the codeword. I even voluntarily helped him with his wounds during previous missions. Suddenly on Hoth he becomes mean and uses the codeword at every opportunity. What gives?

Edited by LazyAndy

What is the reason for Hunter's abrupt attitude change towards the Agent during Hoth? I must have missed something. At first, he was the nice guy reluctant to use the codeword. I even voluntarily helped him with his wounds during previous missions. Suddenly on Hoth he becomes mean and uses the codeword at every opportunity. What gives?

Are you talking about the guy you had the choice to let die on Taris? Because that is a different guy. I don't think you talk to Hunter specifically much up until Hoth.

Hunter has a... Big role to play. Not to spoil anything specific. Personally, I thought he tended to act nice (joking around and such) more as a ruse and when he used the codeword, it was him using you like the jerk I thought he was through the story.

Take it as you will. He has his motives, as you have yours when you try to achieve an objective.

Edited by LX_Theo

• 11 months later...

Hunter also has nothing to do with the SIS, he's just using them. He has larger goals of which you are disturbing thus he dislikes you. You just dont realize his plans till after the SIS plot is over, he does start decent when you first meet him (he flirts with female IA's).

Edited by Athena-Nike

• 2 months later...

Hunter has some...interesting objectives.

There are a lot of ways of reading the ways he behaves towards you. I will agree that at first he's more or less friendly

although he is one sarcastic bastard with his whole, "Well, there's a way to get out if you're clever enough..."

, then suddenly becomes...less so.

There are reasons. You'll perhaps figure them out. I don't want to spoil them yet...

The only time I can recall Hunter ever being civil to the IA was in the bar on Nar Shadaa when you first meet the SIS Team. After that, it's D*ck City, and I leveled both male and female Imperial Agent.

IMHO, Hunter is one of the best antagonists I've ever run across in a story, hands down. Most people playing have very visceral reactions to him. I literally was shaking my fist at some of the crap he pulled/said. But I won't spoil anything for you, as your opinion of him may or may not drastically change at the end of Act III :)

Eh, Hunter is often fairly civil, if you play nice with him.

A few I can remember...

You can ask to work with him on Quesh, and the response is "tempting...but no".

You can agree that you ought to kill Temple, at which point Hunter weasels out of it, looking really miserable about the whole affair.

If you demand to know why Hunter is killing so many people on the space station, he'll tell you something like, "I only killed as many people as I had to."

And post Voss, of course, Hunter admits that he's warning you because he cares about you.

You can also call Hunter somewhat on the torture - where it's made fairly clear that it's not as bad as it could have been.

If you play the game with Hunter as your antagonist, he's a bastard. But if you spend your time being all, "You're awesome. I totally want to help you out and join you!" Hunter is actually fairly reasonable, even sometimes apologetic. It's really interesting to me how different dialogue choices slant the character.