Act 4

Neamhan

Out of curiosity, has Bioware indicated yet how they plan to introduce more acts? Will it be in future content patches or will we have to wait for a paid expansion?

I am speculating but I am guessing paid expansion, I have nothing to go off of. As far as I know they have not indicated how they plan to introduce more acts.

You'll have to dig around for the actual dev quotes because I'm too lazy to do it for you, but all indications are we'll be getting more story content this year via patches. I'm sure major content will come from expansions,if they go that route.

Yeah, I tried to dig around but the search function wasn't as helpful as I'd like, which is why I went ahead and started a thread.

I won't answer to the near non existent search function but the dev tracker area of the forums does make it a bit easier to peruse through and see what exactly they said and where. Then if you thi I their answer might be of interest you can click on the thread title and go to the thread itself to make sure it is response to what you were looking for.

Edited by Hyfy

You'll have to dig around for the actual dev quotes because I'm too lazy to do it for you, but all indications are we'll be getting more story content this year via patches. I'm sure major content will come from expansions,if they go that route.

the quote you are thinking of came from the guild summit. they did indeed say more story will be added this year, on top of that we have had them confirm new races will be added his year, this sounds like an expansion to me but i find it unlikely that they would release an expansion when the game is less than a year old.

so my guess is. game update 1.5 will be a massive patch just before christmas or more likely on the games 1 year anniversary. and in this patch will be our new story and races (but hey my crystal ball has a huge crack in it, so i could be wrong :p)

Per the latest podcast, it won't be in 1.3, which is mostly a "systems" type of update (group finder -- including story-mode operations, adding augment slots to existing gear, "smart" social gear, some more legacy unlocks), and they wouldn't talk about 1.4...

I THINK they are on a point-release-per-quarter basis -- so 1.3 around August, and 1.4 around December/January -- therefore that Act 4 won't be till the end of the year at best.

Edited by Ancaglon

the quote you are thinking of came from the guild summit. they did indeed say more story will be added this year, on top of that we have had them confirm new races will be added his year, this sounds like an expansion to me but i find it unlikely that they would release an expansion when the game is less than a year old.

so my guess is. game update 1.5 will be a massive patch just before christmas or more likely on the games 1 year anniversary. and in this patch will be our new story and races (but hey my crystal ball has a huge crack in it, so i could be wrong :p)

Thanks for that, I was able to find the quote. :)

Q: Any updates on same gender romance? A: its coming with story updates sometime this year. It wil depend on our writers. When we do this, we don’t want just change the dialogue to the other gender. We want new romance arcs – it ended being a budget and scheduling issue etc. Its coming when full story comes. which is this year.

Link

Doesn't explicitly say it's Act IV but it sounds like it.