Pay 2 win crowd taking over

TheOne

Only the third day into SF and I'm seeing players with well over 10000 purple req, you can also use CC to convert ship req into purple req. Totally unfair and I thought we were told CC would not be allowed to purchase player skills, we were lied to? Is this only a temporary deal?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is I was in a match last night and one person on our team was complaining because he was the only one that had bought the unlock for other ships and complained that we were bads because we didn't have ours unlocked yet. I guess spending CC to unlock a new ship makes someone a better player now a days lolz.... Edited by Denerio

Welcome to F2P, where you can spend money to bypass the grind.

But guess what? There's a limit to how much you can upgrade, and eventually those who don't pay to convert requisitions will catch up and the disparity will be gone. And then these people will still be able to play the game for free, and have the same upgrades and power level as the players who spent a bundle (or not, converting reqs is pretty cheap, quite frankly).

Don't revile the ones converting requisitions: they're the ones that allow you to play GS without paying anything extra.

Not sure how the purple is helping people.

Without using CC I was able to get 7k purple in the past 3 days and I havent played that much.

Also the best players I see are using the basic scout and often dont even have the gunship unlock, so not sure why you are whining.

Yes but if you do this, you don't have as much Ship Req to upgrade your ships with and they will be weaker.

not really. I enjoy the scout but played enough of the gunner and striker to earn points for 2x, then converted all those points to unlock crew and the second scout for my character.

Yes but if you do this, you don't have as much Ship Req to upgrade your ships with and they will be weaker.

Yeah but you can convert 1000 ship req easily , takes 5 or 8 matches to build up enough ship req for the a wing?

Edited by TheOne

Tell me, how is getting a new ship chassis without anything but time spent to upgrade it P2win?

Fleet req just unlocks 2 ships and Npc crew - hardly a game breaking advantage.

You can use purple req converted from ship req to buy skills.

Edited by TheOne

Only the third day into SF and I'm seeing players with well over 10000 purple req, you can also use CC to convert ship req into purple req. Totally unfair and I thought we were told CC would not be allowed to purchase player skills, we were lied to? Is this only a temporary deal?

CC are not used to purchase skills, the Req are. Some players can pay CCs to convert them, sure, but that doesn't mean you can't still earn Req. Face it, subscribers will level faster and have more gameplay available than F2P/Preferred players. Subscribers get free CC every pay period.

STOP THINKING F2P MEANS FREE. It DOESN'T. F2P = extended trial. If you like it, pay for it, if you don't then quit. I don't know where you were taught that you deserve to have things handed to you for free, but whoever said it lied.

So your complaint is that someone who spent a lot of time playing many ships can put the req from all their ships into 1 ship.

in effect giving them 1 good ship, and the rest as all base ships.

You do realize they are not magically gaining more points, in anyway.

another player could just play their 1 ship and make it as good in the same amount of time and not spend cartel coins.

CC are not used to purchase skills, the Req are. Some players can pay CCs to convert them, sure, but that doesn't mean you can't still earn Req. Face it, subscribers will level faster and have more gameplay available than F2P/Preferred players. Subscribers get free CC every pay period.

STOP THINKING F2P MEANS FREE. It DOESN'T. F2P = extended trial. If you like it, pay for it, if you don't then quit. I don't know where you were taught that you deserve to have things handed to you for free, but whoever said it lied.

What are you smoking, and do you play SF? Second day players with almost full tier skill set, over 10000 purple req earned? Req bought via CC transfer? That's not P2W?

in 10 matches, if you get 10 wins you get 10k not including the daily/weekly/starting free req in ship req.

Depending on the skill you need 8500 at most to get a tier 3 from level 0, so yeah everyone could have tier 3 in something without spending a single cartel coin if they play just 1 ship.

Or you can spend cartel coins and transfer to 1 ship and still have a tier 3 in one ship and nothing in the others.

Most of the best players on Jung-Ma are just playing 1 ship...

Are you even actually playing the game?

So your saying in 10 matches you can convert enough ship req via CC market to start buying tier 3 skills, you think this is fair?

All skills are purchased with ship req, the only reason you'd ever convert ship req to fleet for upgrades is if you wanted to buy something on a ship you havn't flown. You still have to fly to earn the ship req. The only purchases made directly with fleet req are new ships(they're not better just different) and crew from other classes, again not better just different. There is no advantage whatsoever gained from CC in starfighter.

So your saying in 10 matches you can convert enough ship req via CC market to start buying tier 3 skills, you think this is fair?

Stop exaggerating. This is not happening and this is not an issue.

All skills are purchased with ship req, the only reason you'd ever convert ship req to fleet for upgrades is if you wanted to buy something on a ship you havn't flown. You still have to fly to earn the ship req. The only purchases made directly with fleet req are new ships(they're not better just different) and crew from other classes, again not better just different. There is no advantage whatsoever gained from CC in starfighter.

Also this.

This is what I was trying to say, but I did not think that I had to go into that much details because I thought it was pretty self evident. I guess not though.

Edited by Icebergy

So your complaint is that someone who spent a lot of time playing many ships can put the req from all their ships into 1 ship.

in effect giving them 1 good ship, and the rest as all base ships.

You do realize they are not magically gaining more points, in anyway.

another player could just play their 1 ship and make it as good in the same amount of time and not spend cartel coins.

No, in ten matches you can earn the ship, that's not the problem, the problem is people using purple converted req to buy skills, some I've seen have almost full skill sets and the damn thing just came out.

in 10 matches, if you get 10 wins you get 10k not including the daily/weekly/starting free req in ship req.

Depending on the skill you need 8500 at most to get a tier 3 from level 0, so yeah everyone could have tier 3 in something without spending a single cartel coin if they play just 1 ship.

Or you can spend cartel coins and transfer to 1 ship and still have a tier 3 in one ship and nothing in the others.

Most of the best players on Jung-Ma are just playing 1 ship...

Are you even actually playing the game?

Just to clarify I've been playing non stop since release, and I've only got around 3000 fleet req,

Edited by TheOne